Please Help. **UPDATED WITH THE RESULT**

princess jackson

DIS Veteran
As we speak my life line is going around in the washing machine, (MY MOBILE PHONE!!!!!)

Will it still work, what do i do next with the phone, can i dry it out.

dont turn it on !
take the covers off and remove the battery and sim card.
lay it out on a towel to dry but make sure no water in lying into tip it up to drain out an excess water
leave it in a warm place to dry out quicker( airing cupboard)

Not much hope but it may work.
are your numbers stored on the sim or in the phone memory?
If they are on the sim all you should need is a new phone if they are on the memory then you may have to put them all back into a new phone
Best of luck pixiedust:

oh dear! Poor you!

the advice above is good! But dont be too hopeful! I dropped mine for a millisecond into the bath once and it never was the same again!

Sammie

Oh no thats not good, that happened to my friend. Her phone did work again but not properly and it was a new Samsung D500 at the time :(

one question how did it get in there?LOL

its not as bad as what my sister did......dropped hers down the loo! :rotfl: :rotfl:

ginette

ive done this chris had to take it apart and then it went in the airing cuboard for 3 days to dry out

works great now!!

I thought some one would advised me to put it in the tumble drier LOL :rotfl2:

Well it is in the airing cupboard, the sim card had all my numbers on.

Phoned Virgin, who are sending out a new sim card for me, fingers crossed the phone will work, i only got it for xmas, pink razr

Im on a monthly contract, and changed handset at xmas.

I have the other handset insured but not this one, in fact not sure if the other phone is insured they have not taken any money from my account.

9 months left so have take DH phone back of him.

You need to get it to a nice hot place. I recommend that you jump onto the next flight to Orlando and stay there for at least 2 weeks to ensure your mobile has dried out properly! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Richard Bruvofetc said:
You need to get it to a nice hot place. I recommend that you jump onto the next flight to Orlando and stay there for at least 2 weeks to ensure your mobile has dried out properly! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Classic!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Princess Jackson - does it work now or haven't you tried yet?

update.

Well kept the phone in the airing cupboard for a week.

On saturday takes it out puts in the sim card, turns it on YES it seems alright.

UNTIL, someone rings me, i can hear them but they can not hear me.

Result, phone broke.

It was a new phone :)

I have had to just my handset that i got with my contract, and have to wait until nov to change contracts.

I change mobiles all the time, I think DH will stop me this time :rotfl:

Unless their bring out a machine washable phone not necessary for a tumble drier, or even a dry clean only :rotfl2:

Never mind

DS dropped his new video I pod in the swimming pool
never to work again
was not worth claiming as it would have put up policy

So you are not the only one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter