PLEASE HELP! Sick kid. Cruise leaves tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Coping and Compassion' started by DCLMOM13, Feb 9, 2013.

1. DebbieOBX

DebbieOBX Mouseketeer

To the cm who was willing to help! YOU are my hero today! Thank you.

debbie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AZMermaid

AZMermaid DIS Veteran

Yes! If it is a bacteria- go back!! My friend's 5 year old daughter just had an E. Coli type bacteria. She had the pukes and poops too- that was how it started. She was in the hospital for 3.5 weeks, had daily dialysis for about a week of that and a bunch of blood transfusions. It was super scary and life threatening. She is recovered now (this was around Thanksgiving) but it was really touch and go for a bit. Before this, totally healthy 5 year old. She is in kindergarten at the school where I teach (not my class because we are good friends) but just 3 days before this hit, she was running and playing all over the playground.

4. anna08

anna08 DIS Veteran

Trust your instincts on returning to the hospital, and as another has advised, keep track of your daughters urine output - if she can go as long as 8 hours without needing to go then you do need to head back for more IV fluids.

Good luck and thank goodness you didn't get on the ship - can you imagine having to deal with a hospital at one of the ports by yourself?! Hoping you will both get some rest and relief very soon!

5. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

So today she is brighter. No vomiting! Her melds stayed down so doc cleared her to stay at the resort. She managed to watch the animal feeding for about 30 mins. She is on fluids only and only wants ginger ale. Hotel sent her chicken broth as well. We got a call at noon saying they were sending us a "big surprise" but our do not disturb sign was on the door. I removed it and phoned but nothing has been sent up. I feel odd calling and saying hey where's our surprise? Lol. But of course dying to see what it is. :)

6. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Oooooh, I'd call, lol.

Glad she is better! What a horrible ordeal.

7. DebbieOBX

DebbieOBX Mouseketeer

YEAH! im so happy to hear this. Gosh i hope the surprise is awesome!!

8. Tiger926

Tiger926 DIS Veteran

Great to hear! Keep taking good care of your babe.

Disney sent us balloons, autographed character card and toy when our child was hospitalized. Hope your DD enjoys the surprise.

Tiger

9. Lollipop's Mom

OMG,!!!
    They sent my daughter 6 school breads. Her most fave disney snack in the whole world! Direct from Epcot!

10. Lollipop's Mom

She is sitting here crying happy tears!

11. Tiger926

Tiger926 DIS Veteran

How awesome!!

Tiger

12. jjiillee

jjiillee Mouseketeer

That's awesome!! So glad she is feeling better:) sorry you had to go through all this.

13. MistressMerryweather

MistressMerryweather DIS Veteran

I think her daughter is 16, so not so very little, but so glad she is feeling better. :goodvibes

14. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Aww! That is great. Glad to hear that she is doing better today!

15. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

So glad to hear your daughter is doing better and had happy tears today :)

I love Disney for the small things that mean so much and bring such joy :goodvibes

Heather

16. bluesky1997

bluesky1997 Mouseketeer

I've been following this thread. So happy to hear she's starting to feel better and that Disney is taking such good care of you two!

17. Mitzzie

Mitzzie Mouseketeer

Wonderful news!!

18. sandrakit

sandrakit Mouseketeer

Agreed 100% .

19. SigalTchelet

SigalTchelet Mouseketeer

Such wonderful news!!!! That's so cool that she was able to see the animal feeding. There could be much worse places to be stuck sick. Sending healing hugs to you and your daughter-hope you are able to get much needed sleep tonight!

20. mstee777

mstee777 Mouseketeer

Glad she is feeling better. I hope she continues to recover quickly and you two can make it home safely. I'm also very happy that disney is taking such good care of you two in this time of need.

21. ilovetexas

ilovetexas DIS Veteran

OP - So glad your daughter is feeling better. Hopefully, some of your vacation can be salvaged. You should rest before you get sick!

I almost stopped reading this thread after the first couple of pages. Those of you who take your kids on ships sick (or encourage others to do so) are the reason we can't/won't cruise DCL anymore. Ten cruises and other than seasickness, we've only had problems twice. Both on DCL. That isn't a coincidence. If you or your children are sick, or have been sick and could possibly still be contagious (look it up, don't guess!), stay home. Otherwise, you are exposing other families to your illness and ruining THEIR vacation.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. Again, OP, I'm glad your daughter is on the mend.