Please help me pick a stateroom on the Dream!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cchamble, Jul 31, 2012.

1. cchamble

cchamble Earning My Ears

My husband and I are looking to book a 4-night cruise on the Dream next October. This will be the first cruise for us EVER. Yeah! Our DS will be 6. My husband really wants a verandah, and I get motion sickness and was concerned about feeling movement on the boat, so through research and advice on a previous thread I posted it looks like we want a 4D, 5C, 5D, or 5E. We cannot do the 4D due to price. What is the biggest difference between 5C, 5D, and 5E (aside from $70)? Is there a specific stateroom I should request? I would like to be on the side of the ship that sees the ports as we come into Castaway Cay and also to see the fireworks on Pirate Night (is this starboard?? I do not know ship lingo... hahaha. Trying my best here!). Please advise! I feel like if we are springing for a verandah I would prefer NOT to have a whitewall... but I also know when you are working on a budget you get what you get (and you don't throw a fit!). We plan to book through Dreams Unlimited. Thank you!!! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ptwolfman

Ptwolfman Mouseketeer from CA

I would go to the DCL website and check out the deck plan. It should show where the different cat are located. My guess is that 5C is on the deck above 5D & so on. Happy sailing!

4. sgc1107

sgc1107 sgc1107

You can do a search for difference in categories some even provide pictures :-) there's a TON in info here on disboards! I wish I would of done more research before our first cruise! If you ate computer savvy I would suggest booking on your own to prevent TA fees. It's VERY easy through Disney! Tip: Don't buy their insurance, search for travel insurance and look what everyone else has been using. Disney offers limited coverage. AND Don't but your air through Disney WAY over priced! We always fly southwest to get their web special price! As for you motion sickness... I get sick too, Dramamine/meclizine (same thing) did not work for me. I was told to eat a green apple but I was to excited about everything else and forgot to eat one! At dinner the first nigh I had ginger ale and felt sick all day (sail away day) woke up the next morning and felt great! They told me FL waters are rough and once we entered Caribbean waters it would be smoother! Hope this helps a little, I'm sure soon enough you'll have some more advise from other cruisers too! Have fun planning!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. Tgrgrl

Tgrgrl Earning My Ears

Stateroom 8630 verandah with plexiglass/rails. Great view of CC and Atlantis in Nasseau. Hop skip & jump to aft elevators and quick flights up & down stairs to get pretty much anywhere you want. Cabin steward Ohsmet was wonderful too, although they may rotate around.

6. Tgrgrl

Tgrgrl Earning My Ears

I forgot, great view of fireworks, too! Although we were asked to stay off the verandah ( shhhhhh).:cool1:

7. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

If you get motion sickness easily, then try to get the lowest deck you can towards the middle of the ship. I noticed when booking that some categories had multiple deck choices. We are on deck 7, starboard, as midship as was available. I think we could have god down a deck, but it was really far aft, so we went with midship. I have only been on 1 other cruise, so am far from an expert, but did notice that we felt more rocking on higher decks (also a much smaller ship than the Dream, though)

8. cchamble

cchamble Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 5C, D, and E categories? I see lots of great reviews of both the C and D categories, but I can't find any on decks 6 or 7 that are category 5E. I just don't understand the difference between the categories I guess, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

9. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Cat 5E is our favorite - they are all aft (way at the back of the ship) and have enormous verandas. We have also stayed in Cat 5A due to FL resident rates, but would choose Cat 5E over then anytime. We like decks 8 & 9 but would be OK with deck 7 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards