Please help me pick a show for my family

IckyMickey

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
We are traveling to Las Vegas in later June for 5 days and I was hoping to find a show for my family - DH, DS17 and DS12 and myself.

My sons are very different
DS12 - loves sports, small eater, outgoing
DS17 - likes sports, likes to eat, more creative, reserved (but likes to laugh)

What would you recommend we see? We are looking for something reasonable - $70'sh /ticket. We all like music so we bought tickets to Raiding the Rock Vault from Groupon (maybe more for me) and looking for something else.

Blue man Group - would my DS12 like this? Is this dumb or funny?
Tony & Tina's Wedding - Groupon has tickets for $50 and it looks pretty funny.
I don't know much about Cirque' shows.

Thanks for your help!

Hi All,
We are traveling to Las Vegas in later June for 5 days and I was hoping to find a show for my family - DH, DS17 and DS12 and myself.

What would you recommend we see? We are looking for something reasonable - $70'sh /ticket. We all like music so we bought tickets to Raiding the Rock Vault from Groupon (maybe more for me) and looking for something else.

Thanks for your help!

The Cirque shows are all amazing, but some of them may be a bit too risque for your 12 year old ... or even your 17 year old, depending on how "mature" they are. And some shows on the Strip are full on topless, so double check before you book something.

Hi All,

Thanks for your help!

What about Recycled Percussion - they perform at The Quad and I've seen tickets as low as $19 each! They were discovered on the "Americas Got Talent" show and they are sorta like Blue Man Group meets Stomp!
I haven't personally seen the show, but was looking into it for our next trip.
You can find them on the website: www thequadlv dot com

Well, if it's risqué, my DS12 would most likely like it and DS17 would be staring at his feet the entire time. :)

Well, if it's risqué, my DS12 would most likely like it and DS17 would be staring at his feet the entire time. :)

Well, Recycled Percussion isn't risqué at all - its a high energy, musical show and they use all sorts of "recycled" items to make music...its put on by 4 guys and from what I understand they even have some audience participation for some parts - helping make music..

Im sure you can find a video clip of the show on The Quads website..

Thanks for those thoughts! Are there certain Cirque' shows that are better for boys / teens?

I was thinking a magic show might be a great idea. Groupon has the Illusions Show which from the reviews say it's a great show but the venue at the Starlite Theatre at the Riviera was suppose to be bad with poor views of the show. The VIP tix are $50 but I don't know if that would even help - especially if DS12 is about 56".

Any comments about Blue Man Group?

Ohh, check if they still do pirate shows at TI. I haven't been for a few years, but they have a huge pirate ship right on the strip and they used to do free shows (kinda like the stunt shows you see at theme parks) at various times, and you just stopped on the sidewalk and watched them. The fountains at Bellagio are neat to watch, and Freemont Street is fun/cheap.

Every time I've been it's been for the Truck race at the speedway. We stay at the South Point, and haven't done any shows because we spend the whole weekend either at the track or hanging out at the SP with the crew guys from the race teams (SP is owned by Michael Gaughan, his son Brendan is a NASCAR driver).

The Beatles LOVE Cirque show is awesome. Its at the Mirage. I've been 5 times, and my 11 year old daughter has been 3 times. I never get sick of it. Very high energy, and I don't think you have to be a huge Beatles fan to enjoy it. Tickets on the Mirage web site are always much cheaper than Ticketmaster, and there's usually lots of different promotions going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter