1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Please help me finalize our ADR'S

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by GMU MOM, Feb 19, 2013.

1. GMU MOM

GMU MOM Mouseketeer

Tomorrow is our 180 day mark and I'm excited to book our ADR's because up till yesterday we were going to cancel the whole trip and go on a Disney cruise instead. (After looking at 2014 cruise prices, we went back to the original plan - a WDW trip.)

This will be our 4th WDW trip and are staying at POR.
    I'm sure about some of our ADR's but there's others I'm not so sure about.

Let me know what you all think. (***Note: our party consists of DH and I and our 2 boys 11 and 5***)

Aug 19 - Epcot - Teppan Edo (this is the only one we are repeating, we loved it on our last trip)

Aug 20 - MK - BOG (I'm hoping to find an ADR as this is DS's actual B-day)

Aug 21 - EP - Chefs De France OR Coral Reef

Aug 22 - rest day and then DTD - TREX or Sanaa (TREX might be more fun for the kids but we've tried it before. Sanaa might be a bit of a hassle to get to.)

Aug 23 - HS - Mama Melrose F! Package OR Kouzzina

Aug 24 - MK - Kona (??? not sure about this one but can't think of other options - we already ate at CRT and CP and we don't like Ohana.)

Aug 25 - AK - Tusker House lunch (we've done bkfst at TH before but would like to try their lunch - also it's one of the few character meals we're doing.)

Aug 26 - MK - a character bkfst: Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare or Ohana (we've tried CM before and the kids are not big fans of Stitch so what do you think of 1900?)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GMU MOM

GMU MOM Mouseketeer

I can also switch our AK and HS days as to not have the 2 character meals back to back.

4. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

I really like the food at Chefs, but there might be more for kids to see at Coral Reef.

Do you have a car? If you do, then getting to AKL isn't that bad. However, if you have to use Disney transportation, I would consider taking a taxi. It'll be faster. Otherwise you need to go to a theme park or DTD from your resort and then transfer to a AKL bus.

Depending on the crowds, the Fantasmic! package is stress free way of getting to see Fantasmic! That being said, I wouldn't go to Mama Melrose (or any of the F! dining package places) just to get the tickets.

For breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

5. GMU MOM

GMU MOM Mouseketeer

We won't have a car.

We saw F! last November but there really aren't that many options at HS. We ate at Scifi last time so I was hoping to try something new.

Dinner

6. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

If you have the budget, I would give Hollywood Brown Derby a try. I think it's one of the best spots at DHS. It is a Signature (so 2 credits on the DDP), but the food is really good. There is also a F!package for HBD.

7. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

I would go with Sanaa over T-Rex. Your family should enjoy watching the animals while eating. Go early and while it is light out for dinner so you can see the animals. The closer you go to 5PM (when it opens for dinner) the greater the chance of getting a window table.

I would go to Chefs de France over Coral Reef. Much better food in my opinion at Chefs de France.

Kona is the best breakfast in DW in my opinion. My second favorite breakfast is Crystal Palace. Kona is also very good for dinner.

8. melindaPR

melindaPR Mouseketeer

My two cents on the ones I have thoughts. Have fun choosing!

9. jmcghee2024

jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

I vote Coral Reef over Chefs. And CM on the last day.

10. revdon64

revdon64 Mouseketeer

My thoughts in bold

11. GMU MOM

GMU MOM Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the feedback.

After showing older DS some of the menus and reading all the comments, I think I've decided on Sanaa for our break day. The kids love the idea of watching the animals and younger DS said he doesn't like the dinosaurs at TREX.

For our last day, we picked Chef Mickey for bfst.

So here's our updated list for now:

Teppan Edo
    BOG
    Chefs De France
    Sanaa
    Tusker House
    Kona
    Mama Melrose F!
    Chef Mickey bfst

I need to be up by 7am tomorrow to book all these. I hope I don't run into any problems. I am worried most about getting a BOG ADR.

12. Eureka

Eureka DIS Veteran

We are going to be there the same time as you, doing a couple days at Universal before we get to Disney the evening of the 19th (but leaving to go home before you). We are going to Teppan Edo on 8/19 for dinner and BOG for 8/20 dinner. Wouldn't it be funny if we were at the restaurants at the same time?

13. GMU MOM

GMU MOM Mouseketeer

We might be....our Teppan Edo ADR is 6:10pm and BOG is 7:10pm. The BOG ADR is a little later than I would like but nothing else was available so I took it.

14. Eureka

Eureka DIS Veteran

We'll be at Teppan Edo at 6:50pm and BOG at 7:50pm

15. derricksonb

derricksonb Mouseketeer

Coral Seas is a good restaurant, but Chefs de France is one of my kids (dd9 and ds6) favorites if for no other reason than the "EWWWWWWWW" factor when Mom and Dad eat snails..... :rotfl2: