Please help me decide!

OP- you asked about transportation from Poly and CSr, have you ruled out BC? I love the BC, but have had nothing but problems with busses there. I would go with CR. Stayed at BLT this summer and the walk to MK and monorail access were amazing.

We haven't completely ruled out BC, but I've read several reports about the bus service being not so great because it shares with other Epcot resorts. Being a walk or boat ride away from 2 parks might make it worth it, though. We're still looking and resort photos and getting all the info we can. I'm a huge planner. I did find out that CSR has availability for 5 nights if we come a day earlier than we had planned, so that might be another option if we decide we need to be in separate rooms. We really loved our stay at CSR in 2011. But I am really wanting to try a Deluxe, and Wishes from the beach at Poly sounds fabulous! Guess I better wait and see the damage after we get our income taxes done this weekend. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the great advice!

For those who have stayed at CR or Poly, how was the transportation to the parks? I know this can vary, but I want to know your experience. I'm assuming it was fine to MK and Epcot because of the monorail. BUT, was the monorail packed with bottlenecked lines at MK closing time? I know the one time we stayed offsite, the biggest headache was the lines leading to the monorail or ferry after MK closed. Is it like that for the resort monorails? What about busses to AK and HS? Were they PACKED all of the time or just sometimes? Just curious. Trying to make this decision is stressing me out! Haha!

We have stayed at poly and taken the monorail back to the resort. The key is that instead of taking the boat usually is pretty quick.

The resort monorails are not as bad as the express to the TTC.
I remember we used to take the resort monorails to the TTC since it stops there as well. Or we would get off at poly and then just walk to the TTC or to our car etc.

Sometimes even if we didn't stay at poly we would take the boat to poly or resort monorail, then get off and take the bus to DTD. Then after DTD we would take the bus back to whatever resort we were staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter