please help me choose: Hotel Royal Plaza, Sheraton Safari, Radisson Resort Prkwy, etc

which of these hotels would you choose if you were me?

• Sheraton Safari

• Hotel Royal Plaza

• Radisson Resort Parkway

• Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Disney

• Best Western Downtown Disney

• Renaissance Worldgate

• Four Points by Sheraton Lakeside

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
hi everyone, i'm having a lot of trouble deciding which off-site hotel to choose.

it'll just be me and my bf, and we'll probably be renting a car.

so, we're just looking for the nicest hotel.

the Four Points Sheraton Lakeside and Renaissance Worldgate, we can book for about $10/night cheaper than the others.

Sheraton Safari, Radisson Resort Parkway, Hotel Royal Plaza, Best Western DTD, and Courtyard by Marriott we can book for approx the same price. (maybe $1/night or $2/night rate difference at most)

so far, i'm a little biased towards Sheraton Safari (pictures look like cute theming!) and Radisson Resort Parkway (pictures show nice looking Italian decor)... but who knows if those pics are accurate! :rolleyes: :p

so, please help me by voting for which hotel you would pick.
and, it'd also be helpful if you could post and say why you would pick that one over the others.
or post if you have a 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. ranking order for these hotels.

thanks so much in advance, everyone!

Hi disneyberry,

Just wanted to let you know why I voted for the Radisson Resort Parkway--I stayed there many years ago and thought it was pretty nice then, but last year they finished a major room refurbishment. Not knowing what amenities are important to you, I'd go with this because the rooms were recently redone and the pool area is really nice. There have been some good reviews on the Radisson recently--if you do a search, you'll find them. Hope this helps...and hope you have a great trip, wherever you stay! :D

Since it sounds like you'll probably have a car and you're not too picky about which hotel you get, have you thought about trying Priceline? Check out the web site biddingfortravel.com for information about bidding. I got the Renaissance WorldGate for $35 a night for my upcoming trip. The Shearaton Safari is one hotel that comes up frequently.

we don't really have requirements for a nice pool or anything like that... a decent restaurant might be nice, but we've got a car so we're not stuck at the hotel.

for the room, a well-lit room (good natural light from windows) is important.
this is kind of weird, but we do have a thing about having a nice bathroom is a must. we've had too many yucky bathroom encounters in the past... so a clean, nice fixtures, well lit, spacious bathroom just really makes a stay so much better. :teeth:

as far as priceline goes, the problem is -> no guarantee of which hotel we'd end up at. the room rates i found are low enough that it's just not worth it to save some $ and not have control over which hotel we stay at.
obviously, we're concerned more about value than about getting the lowest price.

so... so far Hotel Royal Plaza has a slight lead.
any more votes?

thank you!

It seems like, from what you describe your needs to be, the Hotel Royal Plaza may fit your needs best. It is within walking distance to Downtown Disney and seems to have a little nicer rooms than the Marriott Courtyard at DTD.. Plus the tower rooms at HRP have marble bathrooms with soaking tubs from what I have been told...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter