Please help me choose a room for 5.

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
This year my DS would like to invite his girlfriend to join us on vacation. She is so sweet and has never been to Disney and I would love to bring her along.

Usually we get 2 connecting value rooms for DH, myself, DD10 and DS17. I am not sure how to plan sleeping arrangement so that DS and Dgirlfriend have privacy from each other. I could get 2 rooms and have myself, DD, and Dgirlfriend share and have DH and DS in the second but DH and I prefer to be in the same room.

Is there a better choice on site? Maybe this would be the year to go offsite and get a house or condo? I wonder about the cabins at Ft Wilderness? Can the people in the cabin use the bathhouse? I could send DS and DH there to shower and dress while us girls took over the cabin bathroom!

Thanks for any thoughts on how to make this a fun time for all!

I think I would do the 2 connecting rooms. Just do girls room and guys room.
Then you would have 2 bathrooms.

I might have a similar situation next summer, my DD wants us to take her BoyF (he has never been either) We love him, they have been together for going on 2 years. I guess if they are still together next summer, we will see.

Better yet. Give the kids a honeymoon at Disney after they are married.

Do 2 connecting rooms, with either a boys and girls room like you said, or you, DH and DS in 1 room and DD and girlfriend in the other.

Can the people in the cabin use the bathhouse? I could send DS and DH there to shower and dress while us girls took over the cabin bathroom!

I don't see why not, however you could not be sure to get one close. Not sure how DS and DH would feel about a morning hike.

I would keep the connecting rooms and put DS with you and DH (or on the balcony or something).

We took my daughters boyfriend last year and we got adjoining rooms at POP. We did a boys room and a girls room. It was nice to have two bathrooms.

I think it would be cute to do the adjoining rooms and have your DD and the girlfriend share a room. If your DD likes her it would give her an opportunity to be with an "older sister" and I'm sure she'd enjoy it.

There are a couple of cabins that are very close to the bathhouse, but it would be an early morning hike for your husband and son.
If it helps, although there is only one bathroom in the cabin, there is a mirror with a vanity top and hairdryer in the bedroom. When we stay there, we shower in the bathroom and then get evicted to the bedroom for primping.

Thanks so much. I didn't know it was so far from the cabins to the shower house! So maybe we will stick with the 2 rooms. DD would love for DGF to share a room with her. They would do very well together. Too bad I can afford one of the DVC resorts! but we will be happy at the values I think.

Deb and Bill: They have to go to college before they can even think about a honeymoon. But if they make it I would gladly give them a check! Happily attend a Disney wedding too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter