Please help! How do I rent my DVC points?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by medalla74, Jan 18, 2007.

1. medalla74

medalla74 Crazy4Disney

I currently have 15 pts @ SSR set to expire Sept 31, 2007. These are banked points which cannot be transferredl, right? How do I go about renting these points to someone? Any suggestions or a point in the right direction would be extremely appreciated.:sad2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. keys2kingdom

keys2kingdom DIS Veteran

Read the sticky's at the top of the R/T board.

4. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

To rent banked points, you need to make a reservation. You cannot transfer banked or borrrowed points to another member.

You will actually be renting a reservation. If 15 points is not enough to make a reservation, then you would either have to borrow enough points from the subsequent use year or use points from you 2007 allocation if you have any left to make a reservation. For example, in certain seasons, you can get a studio at OKW for 8 points/night. If you borrowed 1 point from your 2008 use year (or used one point from your 2007 use year if you have them to use), you could make a reservation for 2 nights.

It may be tough to find someone to rent only 1 or 2 nights. You may end up deciding to just let those 15 points go rather than add more points to them to allow for a longer reservation.

5. byoung

byoung <font color=coral>You are keeping us alive<br><br>

Good luck, I would hate to lose points.