• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help don't know what to do?

jspina302

Earning My Ears
I have been going back and forth about this. Going to WDW 12/7-12/12/08. Staying in WL courtyard w/ bunks, dddp, and park & water parks & more tickets. The reason I am in a courtyard view is because I got a 30% room discount by email and courtyard was the only view available originally had standard view. I called and priced Pop Century for one additional night and will save $582 from current package. I figure how much time will I actually spend in my room anyway. My big problem is does Pop Century offer trundle beds for my DS9 because he sometimes has accidents at night and I don't want to embarrass him in the bed w/ DS15?

Help please.

Jennifer

Pop does not have trundle beds. But understandably there is a big cost difference.

Have to say that WL is beautiful at christmas.

Port Orleans has trundle beds in the Alligator Bayou section...or you could bring an inflatable mattress. Have a great trip!

My suggestion would be to stay in a deluxe resort with the 30% discount. When you don't have the benefit of a discount, stay in a moderate or value.

I would call back and see if Woods view bunkbed had opened up with the code. This happened to me last year, at first only Courtyard was available, but then a couple of weeks later I called and was able to switch to Woods-maybe someone called back and canceled. That would save some $.
Only you can decide about cost but Pop rooms are much smaller and with 2 older kids I think they would feel cramped, especially if you add a blow-up mattress. WL also gives you a balcony so everyone does not have to be on top of each other. Lastly, I can only imagine how cruel an older sibling can be about an "accident." Helping DS avoid the stress of worrying about it may be worth the $. WL is just gorgeous!!!!:goodvibes

Port Orleans has trundle beds in the Alligator Bayou section...or you could bring an inflatable mattress. Have a great trip!

POR will not guarantee a trundle bed room unless there are 5 people in a room. You can request it but that it was it is a request.

It is more than just a room! I would not waste a discount like that on a value. You are looking at two different vacations. I always see people say it is just a place to sleep. There is more at Disney than just the Parks. With the Wilderness Lodge you are paying for a bigger room with bigger beds. Mostly you are paying for a relaxing and beautful enviroment to come back to after a hectic day at the parks. POP is like an extension of the parks. Loud and in your face Disney. Don't get me wrong POP serves its purpose, but if you can swing it you will not regret the Wilderness, the same can not be said of POP. You also get great transportation options that you do not have at POP. My suggestion is don't switch, keep the WL reservation!

I have to say that the WL is worth the extra money, if you're willing to spend it. It sounds like it has everything you need, so I'd stay there.

I would save the money and bring along an air mattress. The savings of almost $600 AND and extra night is huge! Personally, I did not feel that WL was worth the cost.

Thanks for the input everyone. roselark why did you feel it wasn't worth it.

Thanks again.

Jennifer

I can't speak for roselark but I have to say that the deluxe hotels while nice are not fabulous.
Think Sheraton.
The deluxe lobbies are beautiful but you can see them by visiting the resorts.
The rooms are so-so at best.
The extra night would be the decision maker for me.
I haven't stayed in a value, I do know that the rooms are smaller.

Stay at WL for Christmas!! They say it is beautiful. We love it for the boat transportation and water parade at night. The pool area is beautiful and we love to sit on the balcony. I do not think you will regret it! I would cut back on Christmas if I had to just to be able to stay at WL!

Have a great time!

Thanks everyone for your input. I have now switched my ressie to a TA who is very helpful. I have decided to stay with a deluxe but she is trying to get me into the BC, BW, or YC w/ a standard view & daybed that will cure my no sleeping together dilemma. I am driving to WDW so I can basically go to any resort which I will be going to WCC for dinner one day. I appreciate everyones help. Decided to keep a 5 night ressie & get an extra day of tickets and stay with inlaws who live in Haines City so the kids still get another day at the parks.

Thank you again everyone. You did convince me to stay with a deluxe just not necessarily the same one.

Jennifer:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter