please give me info on Teppanyaki to help me decide...

ellenmiele

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
When I was making my ADRs for April, Teppanyaki had been on the schedule for rehab but now the rehab is postponed until after our trip so I was able to get a dinner ADR there. Of course, I had already made other plans so now I have too many dinners and not enough nites! Since staying an extra night is not an option (wish it was!) I need to pick 2 out of 3 dinners from these and Teppanyaki is the one I know the least about:

Le Cellier - never been there/DH loves steak/one nite we're already eating at Yachtsman, too similar?

Coral Reef - I love seafood/we have been there before but it was 6 yrs ago

Teppanyaki - never been but for some reason I really wanted to go there/is the food prepared and cooked right in front of you?/is it an "entertaining" meal?/please tell me anything to help me decide....

THANKS!

This is a very difficult decision- they were all enjoyed by DH, DD4, and I. All the other meals I booked last year were character dinners (except Cape May & Boma), so I wanted to throw a few nicer places into the mix. At Le Cellier, we had lunch, and DD4 got to be "guest chef" and the chef came to our table and let her make a chocolate "mousse" for desert. We both had filets over potatoes (if I am remembering correctly). DH had the cheddar cheese soup, and I had the mussels for our appetizers. The food was delicious, the atmosphere nice, service wonderful, and an overall great experience. At Teppanyaki, I had steak & scallops, DH had steak & chicken, DD4 had salad. We had soup, noodles, veggies, white rice, and a bit of seaweed salad as sides/appetizers. Our chef was fun, but not overly so. The food was delicious, and definetly worth trying at least once. I was worried the whole meal that DD would touch the hibatchi part of the table by accident and burn herself, so that took a little away from the experience for me. The service and atmosphere of the restaraunt was lovely. Coral Reef was a great surprise for us, since there were so many mixed reviews here. Watching the fish kept DD somewhat busy (although we were pretty far from the tank, and she was in a rare cranky mood). We had let the servers know it was her birthday when I booked the ADR, and there was a nice personalized "Happy B'day" menu for her. She got a special cupcake to celerate. DH and I both had steak, which was delicious! We got chocolate waves for desert, and they lived up to their rep! I had made the ADR with the intention of watching Illuminations after dinner. It took a long time to complete our meal, but it was worth it.
I do not envy you- I would hate to eliminate any one of these meals. But, I will be making our ADRs in the next week or so for Sept. I have all three of these on the list for our 10 night trip. If I had to get rid of one, It'd probably be Teppanyaki, since I'd be worried again about the hibatchi on the table. DH wants to do it again, though, so I'm not sure what the final decision will be...

We went to Teppanyaki last Dec. We liked it. We had never been to anything like it before. My daughter just watched, and watched - she hardly ate because she was so busy watching the chef. It was very entertaining. The food was really good and you get a lot of it.

We love Teppanyaki. It is on our dining list every trip. The food is delicious, the choices are good, and the meal is entertaining. If I had to make your choice I would choose to eliminate Coral Reef and I would include Teppanyaki.
Have a great trip!

My family LOVES Teppenyaki, I think it is my daughters (14 & 16) favorite in all WDW. We were so dissappointed is was going to be closed for our trip.

I just got off with Disney dining. Our party of 12 now has a ADR for the first day of our vacation, 4/14, the last day b/4 it's closure. We are all so psyched!:banana:

Thanks everybody - this is such a hard decision. Hmmm, maybe we could stay an extra night after all....:scratchin

Couldn't sell DH on the idea of an extra night so I decided to go with Le Cellier and Teppanyaki and I cancelled Coral Reef. Thanks to everyone for the very helpful advice.:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter