PLEASE DONATE!! Coasting for Kids at Knott's 6/9/13! Help DIS Team West!

DIS Coasterpalooza Team West has a $745 lead over Team East. Let's keep it that way. Please donate to any DISer listed on the first post of this thread.

Bumping this up one last time :flower:

Some of us DISers will be coasting tomorrow to raise money for Give Kids the World (similar to Make a Wish foundation).

If you can, please donate to one of our pages. Every bit helps, and the kids will really benefit from the money that will be raised.

Thanks!

Tom's donation page: Donate
Mary Jo's donation page: Donate
Jeff's donation page: Donate
Stephen's donation page: Donate
Idahosa's donation page: Donate

This organization states that it is a non profit, but so far I cannot find it's 501 C 3 status. Does someone have that link? Tia

Yes, that's what I was trying to find. It really does not matter though.

How exactly does this organization differ from the Make a Wish Foundation? And does this mean then that I may post links for make a wish, so as to solicit for it as well? After all, make a wish is a very good charitable organization.

How exactly does this organization differ from the Make a Wish Foundation? And does this mean then that I may post links for make a wish, so as to solicit for it as well? After all, make a wish is a very good charitable organization.

Give Kids the World village is an inclusive destination that works with other organizations like Make A Wish when a child wants to go to Central Florida attractions.

The DIS and the DIS Unplugged has raised tens of thousands of dollars for GKTW.

I'll defer to the moderators and webmasters about posting links to other organizations.

Hi Gisele,

"Give Kids the World" has a village outside of Walt Disney World, and families with children with terminal illnesses can go there for a week's vacation, where they can have a "normal" time. It is really a wonderful organization, and people can volunteer there. Many do go when they visit Walt Disney World. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.gktw.org/

The president of the charity did a presentation at one of the DIS events, and we saw how children's lives are affected, and sometimes transformed, and how their families also benefit from spending a week at the village and also at Walt Disney World.

Pete Werner, the owner of the DIS, has a goal called "The Power of 10," where if 10 people donate $10, and they tell 10 people that donate $10, and they tell 10 people that donate $10, and .... well, eventually we would raise a million dollars to donate to this charity.

So, while word spreads about this charity, we also do things like "Coasting for Kids," get-together fundraisers, like the one held in April in New Jersey (went to that one, and it was so much fun), and the upcoming one in New England, and others.

As for other fund-raisers and non-profit charities, all requests for posts and links need to go to corey@wdwinfo.com to get the go-ahead to post them on the DIS. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter