please Disney, read this. Star Wars themed cruise!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ThePicketts, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sesame_123

sesame_123 Mouseketeer

We are on our own star wars cruise this spring. We sail on May the 4th (be with you). Planning on wearing special star wars shirts for embarkation.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jgasink

Jgasink Mouseketeer

Now that Disney owns Star Wars, hopefully they'll add a little bit. At least a movie or two to start off.[/QUOTE]

There will be three! the questions become will they be built around Luke, Han, Leia,and company or will we see a transition to the next generation like han and leia's children? or will it be a complete split using only the republic, and jedi vs. sith?

And a StarWars cruise and then a cruise ship would be incredible, the reason disney hasnt done the fill then ship with celebs or characters from the DC is they havent had to -occupancy has been good even with the economy...

4. vakamalua

vakamalua DIS Veteran

We would be soooo in!

5. cyclenut

cyclenut DIS Veteran

Would really love it if this happened. I am not holding my breath. It costs extra money to create a themed cruise. The only reason they are done by the cruise line is to boost occupancy. The Pixar cruises were an attempt to create more interest in the West Coast itineraries. They were also heavily discounting the cruises for AP holders.

There are a couple of ways that themed cruises happen. One is that the concept is created by a group that then books a group of rooms on the ship and sells them to theme interested people. The cruise line does not advertise the theme and the remaining cruisers are often surprised by the fact that there is a theme. That can be a bit of a shock, especially if they feel as though their cruise was taken over by the theme. The second way they are done is the way Disney did the Pixar themed cruises. This is where the line invests money is carrying out the theme. Characters, costumes, shows, etc. are all possible changes.

In order for a themed cruise along the lines of Start Wars to be worth the Disney investment is if bookings drop off, they can charge substantially more per passenger or there is enough demand to run the theme for an extended period. I am hopeful but not optimistic that this could occur.

6. ThePicketts

ThePicketts Mouseketeer

Have you ever been to a Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios?

7. ky71

ky71 Mouseketeer

I would book in a heartbeat as long as Harrison Ford was coming too!

8. Feisty Fairy

Feisty Fairy DIS Veteran

That would be awesome. Me and my DH would love this. Maybe I could get him to go on more cruises.

:cool1: If only. :lmao:

I was one of the deprived people until I moved out of my parents house. They were not big sci fi fans. The first Star Wars film i seen was Episode III but have loved the films ever since. Went and got the original trilogy on DVD right after that.

Awesome. I wish we where on this cruise as well. Me and DH would love to join you in wearing Star Wars gear which we have a ton of.

9. plethera1

plethera1 Earning My Ears

This is a great idea. I'm really surprised Disney hasn't done this. One cruise a year wouldn't really be that big of a deal.