Please cut back on your use of Electricity!

Tantor

<font color=999999>Ventured over to the dark side<
My DH who works for the Independent Electricity Market tells me that people need to cut back with their use of power today even though we are getting storms later on. There have been some very close calls (they do not tell the public about these for obvious reasons)Keep cool people and please help to conserve power.

Tell The Freakin" Goverment!

They don't do what they Preach!

Toronto's Council Chamber is sitting empty and the AC is Cranked Right Up There!

Ok, Rant Over!

We have turned down everything!

j

I have turned down or off everything, and will trun off computer soon. But I still go into stores and office buildings and ALL their lights are on and it is soooo cold you need a sweatshirt! Are the little people conserving energy so the big guys can still operate on full power?

Here, here! And if you notice a business or, especially government office, with the AC cranked up, complain to them. Here, most businesses have the AC turned down and the lights turned down. I would refuse to patronize a business with the AC on high.

Toronto's Council Chamber is sitting empty and the AC is Cranked Right Up There!
Isn't Toronto using that deep-water cooling thing, though? If so, then they're not draining the power supply.

This is an issue that really pushes my buttons. On a personal note, I have a freezer full of meat that I don't want to lose!

I have a generator for power just in case we lose power like we did 2 summers ago that way I can still run my TV and other such appliances especially the fridge. I am hoping the city will allow for us to tear down our existing house and rebuild if they do we are switching to a hybrid system well only solar now as the city has told us no turbine power is allowed in the city and we are taking ourselves right off the grid for hydro. The cost of the system is going to be about 10grand but not having to pay for hydro anymore is well worth it IMHO.

Mickey Fanatic said:
I have turned down or off everything, and will trun off computer soon. But I still go into stores and office buildings and ALL their lights are on and it is soooo cold you need a sweatshirt! Are the little people conserving energy so the big guys can still operate on full power?

Agree with you there. Went to Stratford on the weekend and was glad I brought a light sweater just incase. My toes were red from the cold. Guess the actors need it cold eh? BUT then all the stores & restaurants were cold too

BTW how did you manage to get a picture of MY TILLY on your site :rotfl2:

Hey totally agree with ya on the stores and Toronto City Council chambers. Also it drives me NUTS to see all those stores with their A/C cranked and doors wide open.
By the way Hydro does practise what they preach. Hubby's office A/C is set at 26C.
I was in walmart and Costco in the last couple of days and they both have at least 1/3 of their lights off. Good on them!!
Getting off the computer now........

Our AC is set to 23 and that is still warm to me anyhow but the wife won't let me lower it anymore than that.

No a/c or lights on in our house.... oh wait, we don't have any a/c!

I'm always trying to conserve. I force the fam to turn off lights and appliances, hang out our laundry (when possible) to dry. And try to do dishes and wash laundry during non peak hours. :dance3:

The computer is my downfall!!! :surfweb:

I'm also keeping the lights and computer off in my office today.. by staying home. :smooth:

My Ac is turned down as well, Im dying this whole being pregnant in the summer thing isnt the greatest. Thank goodness for Popsicles and cold showers. I keep praying that it hurries up and Rains here and lowers the temp so I can turn the AC off. That would be lovely...
What was amazing yesterday it was warmer here than in Disneyworld.

Well we never have the lights on during the day, a/c is set to 24/25 and I promise not to do laundry or run the dishwasher :lmao:

I am conserving so the big malls and restaurants can use it all!!

O/T we had some really scary clouds here in Guelph about 2 hrs ago.... you could see them 'swirling' and was wondering if funnel clouds were spotted anywhere?

Stay cool everyone!

Donald - my hero said:

BTW how did you manage to get a picture of MY TILLY on your site :rotfl2:

I guess you mean the dog? That is Phantom. He is a border collie/american eskimo cross. He is our baby. Well he is almost 5 so I guess he is not really a baby anymore. Do you have a dog that looks the same?

LOL Sara I feel for ya! :wave2: Being pregnant in the summer isn't any fun and you're nearly there so hang in and hope everything goes well with you and you have an easy birth! :thumbsup2

Mickey Fanatic said:
I guess you mean the dog? That is Phantom. He is a border collie/american eskimo cross. He is our baby. Well he is almost 5 so I guess he is not really a baby anymore. Do you have a dog that looks the same?

Yuppers your Phantom looks almost exactly like my baby TILLY. Those dogs can be called babies all their lives cause they act like pups everyday. Tilly is a pure bred Border collie but since she is the runt she is very tiny and doesn't weigh 30 lbs soaking wet. Love her too death, even if she is the biggest suck ever. Thundering to beat the band here and she is squished up against me whining and panting. :dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter