Please Critique Our Plan

gonzo138

Mouseketeer
I am planning our first trip to Disney and we are on the Dining Plan (5 table service, 5 counter service and 5 snack credits). We have 2 vegetarian adults, 2 meat eating adults and 1 vegetarian child.

I am looking for suggestions on our tentative schedule and recommendations if there is something else we must try!

Sunday: Arrive in the evening, settle into room

Monday: Magic Kingdom

8:10am ADR CRT
Counter Service for Late lunch or early dinner:
Where? Cosmic Ray's?
Snack: Dole Whip (told this was a must try classic)

Tuesday: Animal Kingdom

Counter Service: Flame Tree BBQ
Must Try Snacks?
7:00pm ADR Boma at AKL

Wednesday: DHS

Counter Service: Pizza Planet (for 3 year old daughter)
Another counter service meal possibly ????

7:50pm Date night for DH and me at California Grill (Will not be using credits)

Thursday: Epcot

Snacks: School Bread in Norway,
anything from Boulangerie Patisserie
****** EDIT: Will cancel this reservation and we can eat our way through the showcase.
11:45am ADR Lunch at Le Cellier
(may need to call about vegetarian)
Counter Service Dinner: Sunshine Season??

Friday: Magic Kingdom (easy day with a tired group)

8:20 ADR 1900 PF
Snack ??
5:00pm ADR Chef Mickey (Leaving after dinner)

We are one table service meal over. I will need to cut out one table service meal OR determine which is cheapest to pay out of pocket OR cut Le Cellier and enjoy more epcot cuisine via counter service/cash.

Thoughts? Suggestions for changes?

Thank you!!
Stacey

Looks like a good plan. I would pay OOP for the 1900PF breakfast. I think it would be the cheapest of your meals.

i know you probably are doing CRT because it is in the Castle but the breakfast is really not worth the 2 TS credits. It's just regular breakfast food like eggs and taters. I would look into Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends and that would clear up a TS credit.

Where? Cosmic Ray's?

I would try Columbia Harbour House, they have a great sandwich for vegetarians (two, if they eat tuna) and also good options for the meat eaters.

Counter Service: Flame Tree BBQ
Must Try Snacks?
7:00pm ADR Boma at AKL

There really isn't anything for vegeterians at Flame Tree, unless they want fruit for lunch. AK CS is not all that vegeterian friendly, there is the pizza place not sure where else.

Backlot Express has a good veggie sandwich.

(may need to call about vegetarian)
Counter Service Dinner: Sunshine Season??

Snack ??

Thoughts? Suggestions for changes?

Thank you!!
Stacey

Are you going to dinner the night you arrive? If you aren't going to a park, Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD is yummy. :)

I agree about changing CRT. You will have princesses at 1900 Park Fare. (thats' where I'm taking my 3 yr old!)

Boma is good.

Just a suggestion...loved Le Chefs de France in Epcot for lunch, and they've been getting much better reviews than Le Cellier lately.

Whatever you do...have fun!!! :cheer2:

I think Le Cellier is going to be tough. Maybe try teppan edo? It's a hibachi type restaurant so it's entertaining, there are veggie meals there plus you can order sushi. We had a great time when we went with a group of 7.

Monday: CRT is pricey at 2 TS, but everybody should eat in the Castle once. Especially the first day of your first trip. For dinner, Cosmic Ray is fun and has large entrees for the meat-eaters but I'm not so sure about the vegetarians. By suppertime you'll be wanting a bit of a break anyway. How about taking the Resort Loop monorail to the Poly and eating at their CS, Capt Cook? Veg options there include "adult" grilled cheese sandwich as well as regular grilled cheese for DD, stir fried noodles w/veggies, Hawaiian flatbread, and salads. Bonus is that you can get a Dole Whip there as your CS dessert. That frees up your snack credit in the MK to use at the Main St. Bakery. Or get a sweet cream cheese pretzel from the Lunching Pad.

Tuesday: looks good. LOVE Boma. Must-do snacks: try the white elephant cupcake and/or the zebra cupcake at Kusafiri bakery. It's in Harambe, near the Safari.

Wednesday: Starring Rolls has wonderful sandwiches, but I don't think has any vegetarian entrees. IF the group splits, send the non-vegetarians there, but be warned that they often sell out by about 2 pm. Do go there any time for the Red Velvet cupcake and/or the Butterfinger cupcake. Also go to the Writers Stop for the carrot cake "cookie" (concept is more similar to a whoopee pie).

Thursday: Snacks - yes and oh my goodness yes. This is probably where I would drop the extra TS meal. Skip Le Cellier and look at the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. Save the full CS meal credits for dinner at Sunshine Seasons, but nosh your way around the World Showcase all through the day. You don't have to order a full CS meal; just grab a couple of sides here, a single entree there, and everybody samples everything.

Friday: Thumbs up for the 1900PF breakfast (although if you want a little more park time, you could easily substitute CP breakfast instead) and ending your trip with the Fab 5 at Chef Mickey. Now, if you had that first day lunch at Capt Cook and really, really liked the Dole Whip, you could get another one today in the MK at Aloha Isle. If you didn't really see what all the fuss was about, either go back to Main St. Bakery or try a funnel cake from Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Tree Square. Or, again, stick with the classics and get a Mickey bar.

Edited to add: #1. Flame Tree BBQ has a good salad as well as a fruit plate; just ask them to leave the chicken off.

#2. 1900 PF does NOT have princesses at breakfast; Cindy is only there at dinner. Breakfast characters are "British Disney" - Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh.

I think you should try to work Cali Grill into your credit usage. It's expensive and you will get a great value using your credits, even though it's 2 credits. To do this with what you have now, I would pay OOP for 1900 Park Fare since it's probably the cheapest and cancel Le Cellier. OR cancel CRT (I agree with PP it's not worth 2 TS) and try for a 1 TS breakfast that day like CP, and pay OOP for 1900 PF. Or cancel Le Cellier instead of paying OOP for anything. Also, the character breakfasts tend to be the same as far as food goes, if that changes your mind about doing more than one character breakfast.

My SIL and her BF are vegans and they rave about a sandwich at Columbia Harbor House @ MK (Counter Service).

Enjoy!!

The restaurants at Animal Kingdom seem to have some vegetarian friendly items on the menu!

This is from the perspective of one meat eater (me) and one veggie (DF):

Sunday: Arrive in the evening, settle into room

Where? Cosmic Ray's? DF said the veggie wrap here was possibly the worst thing he had all trip. We enjoyed Pinocchio Village Haus - Fantasyland, I believe DF had cheese pizza and a salad

Counter Service: Flame Tree BBQ This was closed when we visited but for veggie options we enjoyed Restaurantosaurus - Dinoland, for a veggie sub and Pizzafari, they had a vegetable pizza rather than just cheese.
Must Try Snacks?
7:00pm ADR Boma at AKL DF did not enjoy this, the place was frantic and there was no-one available to talk him through the veggie options

(may need to call about vegetarian) DF rated this in his top 2 for meals - he had the gnocchi which is now only on the lunch menu and not dinner and he can't wait to go back
Counter Service Dinner: Sunshine Season?? Yes! One of the best counter service meals, I had the delicious Pork Chop and DF had the Tofu Noodle bowl twice on our trip, plus great desserts

Snack ??
I know you'll want to maximise your time in MK but if you know you'll be tired how about having a late breakfast and have snacks in the afternoon, or snacks for breakfast and then an early Chef Mickey's? We really enjoyed CM for breakfast and dinner. We only tried 1900PF for dinner and it wasn't great for us

We have the 1900 PF meal planned because our daughter loves Mary Poppins. It is possible that if we were to meet her in Epcot, we could cancel this. However, since this trip is specifically for her - we need to keep that one. I am considering making it later 9:30ish.

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions.

I noticed that you are planning on bakery snacks at Epcot on Thursday, but you have an ADR for 11:45. World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00, so you'll be getting snacks between 11:00 and 11:30 and having lunch at 11:45. It's up to you, but for my family we'd never be hungry for lunch if we ate snacks at 11:00ish. :goodvibes

Ha Tracey. You are right about not being ready for lunch then!

I was more or less just listing out what snacks we might want to make sure we hit. Don't want to miss anything that is a must try!!

I do think we will actually cancel that reservation and just eat bits here and there through the showcase.

Thanks again everyone!

Ha Tracey. You are right about not being ready for lunch then!

I was more or less just listing out what snacks we might want to make sure we hit. Don't want to miss anything that is a must try!!

I do think we will actually cancel that reservation and just eat bits here and there through the showcase.

Thanks again everyone!
:thumbsup2

DD8 recommends the chocolate mousse at the Patisserie for a sweet snack, and the ham and cheese croissant for a savory snack! I vote for the napolean! YUM :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter