Please correct me if I am wrong!

maya44

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the POLY. To me the thing that makes the most sense is to ALWAYS walk to the TTC (we are requesting the longhouses closest) and then monorail to MK and EPCOT.

Is there any reason to ever take the monorail directly from the POLY to MK or EPCOT?

Hi,

I think that the only reason to take the monorail straight from the Polynesian to MK is to avoid that walk to the TTC. On the other hand, if your longhouse is closer to the TTC than to the Polynesian's monorail station, there's no reason to change.

Jim

Okay. I know this is prob a stupid question but does the monorail from the POLY go directly to MK or do you have to stop at TTC.

And if you do stop, do you transfer to another monorail or just pick up others at TTC????

The resort monorail goes clockwise, the express monorail goes counter clockwise.

Therefore the first stop from the Poly is MK, then CR, TTC and then GF.

You do not have to transfer from the resort monorail to the express one. The only time that you have to transfer is if you are going to Epcot, then you transfer at the TTC.

Leaving the MK after your day there, you will be better off walking back to your longhouse as you would have to stop at all resorts and the TTC before getting back to the Poly.

The resort monorail does go clockwise, but from the Poly, the first stop would be the GF, then the MK, CR, TTC and back to the Poly.

If you are going to the MK, take the resort loop.

If you are going to EP, walk over to the TTC and jump on the EP monorail.

Therefore the first stop from the Poly is MK, then CR, TTC and then GF.

From the Polynesian, the sequence is Polynesian, GF,MK,CR,TTC,Polynesian.

So, to answer the OP questio, yes it makes sense to walk to the TTC to get to Epcot. This cuts out going all the way around the lake using the Resort Monorail to get to the TTC.

It also makes sense to walk to the TTC if your longhouse is close to it, to get to MK. You would take the Express monorail and it will be a nonstop ride. EXCEPT FOR EMH. Since EMH is only for resort guests, the express monrail will not be running at that time. So you would have to get on the resort monorail, and your first stop would be the Polynesian.

Getting on at the Polynesian, you would have to stop at GF first before MK.

BTW, there is also boat service between the Polynesian and MK, and GF. The boat stops at the GF first before going to the Polynesian.

Ed

Sorry, I mixed up my stops.

The other posters are correct about the GF then MK being the next stops on the resort loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter