PLEASE check for bed bugs before accepting your room.

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by tndislvr, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Craigdarroch

Craigdarroch Mouseketeer

They go where they smell potential DNA (ie: a meal) so anyplace a human has been is fair game to them.

I think the risk of getting them from the tub is slim, but I would still leave the cases out of the room until your complete your initial inspection.

I'm sure you'll be just fine (especially since Disney is so aware of the problem now).

Do the basics and then enjoy a wonderful holiday :wizard:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bearzabout

bearzabout DIS Veteran

I bought Luna mattress and pillow covers to keep the buggers from ever making my expensive new mattress and down pillows their home.

I just wish they made down comforter protectors. I am afraid to carry my comforter with me after my last exposure to the dreaded bugs. I steamed the comforter when I got home and had all kinds of critters surface from the heat.

http://www.lunamattress.com/?gclid=CPv2sdmvq6QCFUcz5wodxg2YbQ

I am quite confident that the Cedarcide (cedar oil) I sprayed on and in my luggage with deter them from climbing into a bag while on vacation. Luckily, I love the scent of cedar and don't have any adverse reactions like I do with other bug sprays.

I read the article that said that 2 out of three homes will have bedbugs within a few years. I'm not willing to give up travel so I guess it is just a matter of time before I get exposed again.

4. ShelsGoingToDisney

ShelsGoingToDisney DIS Veteran

Or you could actually be the one who brings the bed bugs into the room on luggage that got some bed bug hitchhikers from the other luggage on the plane on your flight to FL!

5. Craigdarroch

Craigdarroch Mouseketeer

Well... that's why I only do carry-on. They say your chances are a bit better than if you check your bags.
    Still, there's never a guarantee is there.

6. ldvcshop

ldvcshop Earning My Ears

Whenever we book rooms now I check bedbugregistry.com where people report their problems by room and hotel. Also I check trip rerport and read all the reviews. I've found some reports there that were not on the registry site. My heart goes out to those who have experienced this, I am constantly paranoid about this and we spray our luggage, briefcases, backpacks with Permethrin before we travel anywhere. Don't know if it works, but it makes me feel better.