Please be gentle!!!

YesDear

<font color=red>Admired by the Tag Fairy for such
HI! I would like to introduce myself. My screen name is YesDear which most of you husbands out there should recognize and be familiar with.

I am the husband of my DW. I was told I needed to register for this message board because we are going to the pin event at WDW in September.

I am not a collector of pins, but I am a very good pin scout. I am good at tracking down and finding pins for her. Most of my pleasure in the pin area comes from watching the smile on my DW's face when she finds that pin of the moment she has to have. (and there have been many of those moments by looking at her collection!) It is fun for me to watch the frenzie of the moment when a new pin is released. Except for the night I spent in the parking lot of MK for one of the pin events at the Contemporary. We got there at 1:30 in the am and was 366th in line! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE!!! lol

DW got hooked 10/1/99. We happened to be at WDW for the begining of the official pin stuff. She saw a long line for the poster pins and was hooked. Even though we did not collect any of those other than the first day.

While I really love Disney and WDW, I am not genetically predisposed to the mouse like my DW. I have told a number of people that when the Human DNA was charted a coulple of years ago, I had DW's DNA tested and they found four hidden Mickeys.

We are members of DVC with points at OKW and BCV. Of course I have been informed that if we ever divorce, those are not ever going to be mine. We will go to WDW 2-4 times a year and have stayed just about everywhere and "Done" Disney in about everyway you can from the "Grand Plan" at The Grand Floridian to the "Ronald McDonald" plan off site.

I look forward to meeting those of you who will be at the event and put faces with names. I can honestly say from the posts that I read, Disney types are good people. Particularly on this site.

Well I do not want to take more of your time other than to say thanks for reading ! My boss is calling!

YesDear!!!

I just want to welcome you to the boards :) I am not a collector (yet), but my kids are getting into it! I expect I will find that same joy in them that you find in your wife when they find a pin they are crazy about :) Again, welcome to the DIS!!! :bounce:

Hope you have a great time meeting all the board members who will be there in September.

And watch out for the Pin Bug.....he might bite you yet!!!

cindy

Welcome to the DIS Collectors Board!!!!

Welcome YesDear. You are very much like my husband. He will do almost anything for me if I ask. He comes along to help me with thngs like pins I can't reach from my wheelchair on the racks. He stops castmembers and if I forget to vice he voices for me. He is super.

I just wanted to post my welcome and mention that RWeThereYet and I are twins. Long lost twins. I just know that if I had my DNA charted, they would find 2. Your post was so funny. My DH said that his role in the big world of Disney pin collecting matches yours although we aren't DVC members. He doesn't see the benefits. We do have plans to move to Orlando next spring so hopefully we won't need DVC.

Well, again welcome and thanks for helping me find my long lost twin! Glad we will finally be together at the September Pin Event.

Hey there YesDear!
I know this gentleman personally and his DW who, by the way, got me started in pins ( Hi Rwe!!)!
Just wanted to welcome you and tell everyone that we have added yet another wonderful person to our boards!

Kathi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter