Please allow me to introduce myself . . .

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by AJRitz, May 11, 2011.

1. GoHerd1028

GoHerd1028 <font color=red>DDC 172<br><font color=green>"Inse

Nick it is great to have you with us and as I said on the main thread we would love to have you join us on facebook also!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

Welcome Nick :cool1:

4. alanapapa

alanapapa <font color=purple>Knows someone who drives a brai

Wow, who would have thought that the STICKIES had useful information??:confused3:confused3

I now have some inkling of what I have gotten myself into. And like the DVC, I keep asking, why didn't I do this sooner??

For the formal intro:
    Name: Andrew (or Drew but SWMBO doesn't like Drew)
    Family Sit Rep: Married to Carolyn (Caropooh on the DIS) for 27 years (that beats everyone I saw in the first 4 or 5 pages), we have Alana DD17 and Kathryn DD12. We met while we both worked at Disneyland in CA and were going out for almost 5 years when we got married. As I met her right after she turned 18 and before she graduates, I have known her over half her life.
    Pets: NONE Some peanut buttering so and so stole our black lab Mickey a few years ago and we have not replaced him.
    Occupation: Searching for employment, hoping to get hired on at Boeing. Spent 26 years working for REI before being terminated for a stupid act of horseplay.
    Favorite foods: BBQ ribs (I make a great chipolte BBQ sauce), Italian, Mexican

Favorite Drink: Iced Tea, Cherry Coke
    Hobbies: Not strangling DD17, Cooking, Camping, DCL trips (6 so far), eating (which is why I like to cook)

5. prattpak

prattpak DIS Dad #479

Welcome Andrew! Glad to have you here! Check us out over at disdads.com too. We have our podcast there and also searchable on Itunes. Welcome sir.

6. DFrench73

DFrench73 Earning My Ears

Family Situation: Married 8 years, DW Sheryl, DD15 Chelsey, DS6 Robert, DD6 Charlotte
    Pets: 2 Dogs - Toby - 2 yr old Lab
    Favorite Food: BBQ.....anything BBQ
    Favorite Unleaded Drink: Diet Pepsi
    Favorite Leaded Drink: Jack & Coke
    Hobbies: Work....Drawing.....Work.....Computer Games.....Work.....

7. GoHerd1028

good to have you here with us David!!! We also have a facebook group where we have a lot of fun if you are so inclined and we have disdads.com also. Stop by the main thread and Don (Emma's Dad) will be along to assign you an official DisDads number!!

8. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

From one David to another welcome :thumbsup2

9. ChrisBrad79

ChrisBrad79 Mouseketeer

Hello everyone...

Name: Chris (or Brad, hence the screen name)
    Family Sit Rep: Currently single. Hopefully that will change! No kids, but I have a nephew and niece that I love. But one day I am going to have a kid (or three...)!
    Pets: One dog and five cats. All the strays make their way to my house. But I love 'em all...
    Location: Shreveport, LA (As far from New Orleans as one can be and still be in Louisiana)
    Occupation: At the moment I create electrical test reports for network transformers. I have also worked for an independent publisher and I used to cover sports for the local paper.
    Favorite foods: Italian and Mexican. But less now than I like --- New Year's diet. Grr...
    Favorite Drink: Tea, coffee and Diet Dr pepper
    Hobbies: Who has time for a hobby these days?!? (I do love TV, movies and videogames.)

Oh, and I am a Disney-holic. I am about to go on my third trip in less than two years. Oh, and my made up Disney vocabulary made it into Mousejunkies 2... Yeah, Disney owns me...!

10. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

Hi Chris and/or Brad

:welcome: to the DISBoards, and to the DISDad's club.

To become an official member, please introduce yourself in our Main Thread.

11. 10dedfish

10dedfish XBOX: Mattisamus

\
    Welcome Aboard. There are a few rules that you must abide by, mainly the new guy buys the beer and bacon!:rotfl:

Look forward to talking with you

Matt

12. 10dedfish

10dedfish XBOX: Mattisamus

Welcome David!

I used to live in CT, and have passed thru Milford once or twice. I lived in beautiful downtown Groton for about a year. Does that count?

Matt

13. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

:welcome: from another DIS Dad from the nutmeg state! :thumbsup2

14. JHMCARTY

JHMCARTY Mouseketeer

Family Situation: Married 8 years, 2 boys, 5 and almost 2
    Occupation: Inventory Control Manager for a food distribution center. (don't ask what happens to your food)
    Pets: 3 year old boxer and a 9 year old cat
    Favorite Food: Bar food, appetizers
    Favorite Drink: Beer (miller lite, anything new on tap, no Budweiser)
    Hobbies: Xbox, sports with my sons. (baseball, wrestling)

15. GoHerd1028

Great to have you Joel!!!! Come on over to the main thread and EmmasDad will assign you your official DisDads number...also...join us on Facebook and Disdads.com...when we are on facebook it allows us to get to know each other on a more personal level which helps with the tormenting we so enjoy!:rotfl2:

16. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

:welcome: Joel, please visit our main thread, and introduce yourself. There you will get your DISDad's number, and become an official member. :thumbsup2

17. Claytoporski

Claytoporski DDC 678

Hello. Thought I should post here. Very excited to be going back to Disney world for the first time in 14 years. Last time I was there, I was graduating High School. Now, I am married, have a 2 year old daughter and I am excited to share Disney with her!

Name: Clay
    Family Sit Rep: Married. DW Ashley. DD2 Hope.
    Pets: Just had to put our cat down. Not sure we will have another. Very sad.
    Occupation: Full time Internet Sales Director for Muller Auto Group in New Jersey. Part time wedding photographer.
    Favorite foods: Steak, burgers and mexican food
    Favorite Drink: Beer or Bourbon
    Hobbies: Golf, football and video games

Oh, and our trip will be October 14 - 20 this year. We are going to buy a house this summer and plan on having another kid soon, so it was either now or wait another 3 years. I made the decision that we are going to find the cheapest way to go to Disney so my daugher can get there before she is 6.

I rented DVC points through Dave's Disney Vacation Club to stay at the value studios in Animal Kingdom. I think I can find flights from Newark or Philly to Orlando for $200 each and I plan on buying 6 day tickets (no water parks, no hopper) through Undercover tourist.

In any case, I am excited to see there is a group of Dad's on here and I would love to participate.

18. DisneyFed

DisneyFed DIS Veteran

Howdy...

Welcome to the Asylum:lmao:

19. scott2997

scott2997 DIS Dad #543 Northern Ohio

Welcome aboard Clay.

I believe there may be another DisDad from Bethlehem, PA area on the boards somewhere - but I could be wrong.

I'm also in the "car business". I started as an Internet Sales Guy and now a Finance Manager.

I also enjoy photography (not on the scale of you) and definitely enjoy the occasional Bourbon or two (or three).

Please come on over to the "Mother Thread" and re-introduce yourself there to receive your coveted DisDad number!

20. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

Welcome Clay! I also have an interest in photography. feel free to jump over to the main thread and join in on the hard hitting conversations that shape us as men :lmao:

21. Claytoporski

Claytoporski DDC 678

Thanks everyone! I'll see you in the main thread!