Plaza Restaurant no appetizers-what happens on deluxe plan?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Luvlylisa, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Luvlylisa

Luvlylisa Earning My Ears

If I have the deluxe dining plan and there are no appetizers on the menu (as is the case at the Plaza Restaurant in MK) will I be given something else instead or just get my entree and dessert?

I am looking at the Plaza Restaurant menu and cannot see any appetizers. Perhaps the menu I found is incomplete, but I wondered if I will simply lose out on the option if I choose to eat there?

Thanks again!!!!
    pirate:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RetroPopArt

RetroPopArt Earning My Ears

We had the DDP on our Jan 2010 trip and ate at The Plaza for lunch. No, there are no appetizers. I don't recall if we asked anything about it - like could we get an extra side or dessert. But, it ended up working out for us in the end as we found that an entree & dessert filled us up enough. I think an app would have taken us over the edge and not allow us to enjoy the rest of our day.

tonya.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

Generally if the restaurant does not offer appetizers, you don't get anything for your appetizer allotment. But this is the first I have heard of a restaurant that offers NOTHING for appetizers. Usually it's possible to get some onion rings or fries.

5. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

There are appetizers at The Plaza, just not much variety... The "add soup of the day or tossed salad to your meal for $X.99" is the extent of the appetizer menu there, and I don't recall seeing any sides on the menu that might also qualify (like the onion rings at Beaches & Cream) but I didn't ask either because we were happy with the soup/salad choices.

6. sanctumsolitude

sanctumsolitude Earning My Ears

You get the soup or the salad as an appetizer (I didn't ask if you could substitute anything else, I was fine with the soup or salad).

7. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

I did ask and soup or salad are the only two choices. The soup was a tomato soup that was pretty good. The salad was just your basic salad.