Plaza, LTT, other, for b-day lunch?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ThwTwinsMom, Mar 2, 2004.

1. ThwTwinsMom

ThwTwinsMom Mouseketeer

Hi all. We are leaving tomorrow! Thursday is my sons' 8th birthday. We will be doing EMH at MK. We have a 5 pm ressie for the HDDR. I'd like to have lunch at a sit down restaurant, so that we can take a nice break. It will be a long day!

I'd like to find a place where it might be more special for them. I'm also thinking that we won't want a huge meal. I am leaning towards the Plaza. I thought the ice cream after would be a nice treat. What do you think? I've never eaten at any of the sit down restaurants at MK. Is the Plaza a good choice? Also, are the sandwishes there big enough that DH and I could split one? We aren't huge eaters and I keep hearing everything comes in huge proportions at the MK restaurants.

Thank you!

2. goofykc

goofykc Earning My Ears

I love eating at the Plaza, it is a nice break form the park and the food is great. If you are not big eaters i think you and your dh could split a sandwich and be fine. I hope this helps and have a great time and tell your son happy birthday!

Dxl 2
    CBr1
    All Stars 1
    Beach Club 1
    Swan Dolphin 5

3. ThwTwinsMom

ThwTwinsMom Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for replying quickly! I feel like I am running out of time! :eek: I probably should feel excited, but it is currently more like panic! lol

4. tkyes

tkyes <font color=purple>DIS Earth Angel! :)<br><font c

I would vote for the Plaza too. You'll get a little more attention from the staff since it's sit down and not counter service. Plus it's one of the most relaxing places to eat at MK.

I think the sandwiches are big enough to share, especially if you're going to get ice cream. You could always add a cup of soup if you want and the sandwiches do come with french fries or potatoe salad.

Enjoy and happy birthday to your son! Be sure to get him a birthday badge, he'll get lots of birthday wishes!!

tamie