Plaza Inn Character Breakfast

princesssonny

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can get seating here before the park opens? At WDW they will let you in the park early if you have a Priority Seating at a character breakfast so I was just wondering if it is the same at DL. We don't want to waste park time if we don't have to.

Thanks

From what I have read (have never been but have researched as we plan to eat there on our 1st trip to DL) they only open as the park opens (meaning regular park opening not EE days). So allowing for actually getting into the park and getting to the restaurant the earlierst I have read they do is 8:15 am (please correct me anyone if I am wrong as the earlier the better for us too!!)

A friend of mine had opening time reservations for the Plaza Inn character breakfast and said that no, they didn't allow them in the gates early. They ended up being late for their dining ressie. :(

PI opens with the park. It opens early for EE (EE at 7am, PI opens at 7am). Earliest ressie is 10 minutes after the park opens to the public--8am opening--first ressie 8:10.

So can you get an early reservation (during EE time) and get into the park for it, even if you dont' qualify for EE? Or do you just need to know that you must be eligible for EE in making that reservation? Seems like that could be confusing!

So can you get an early reservation (during EE time) and get into the park for it, even if you dont' qualify for EE? Or do you just need to know that you must be eligible for EE in making that reservation? Seems like that could be confusing!

As far as I know, you have to have EE to get into the park even if its just for breakfast. That is what I was told by Disney Dining last year when I made a reservation for our breakfast that was before official park opening on an EE day. I ended up changing it to a later time so we could do EE first so I can't say for sure that we would have had to prove we were onsite guests to get in.

As far as I know, you have to have EE to get into the park even if its just for breakfast. That is what I was told by Disney Dining last year when I made a reservation for our breakfast that was before official park opening on an EE day. I ended up changing it to a later time so we could do EE first so I can't say for sure that we would have had to prove we were onsite guests to get in.
Well, at least they make mention of it to clue you in. It would be nice if they should state explicitly when you make the reservation that you must be eligible for EE in order to get that reservation.

You can't make ressies for a time during EE, so it's just walk-ins at that time. But if you have a ressie and EE, you're welcome to come early during EE.

Did this policy change recently?

I am trying to remember exactly but I think we had a PS at the Plaza Inn a couple years ago but it was about 15 minutes before official park opening. So the park opened at 9am but we had seating at 8:45. We just had to give our name to the CM at the doors of the camera shop off of mainstreet and she let us go up. I'm positive there was no EE that day.

Maybe it was because the gates officially opened at 8:30. I dont know.

There is a good chance I am giong crazy though but I thought that is what we did. :upsidedow

At one point, yes, you could make PS for 30 minutes prior to park opening, but that's not the policy now. Earliest ressie--10 minutes after official park opening, though the restaurant opens with the park or EE. As I said, if you have EE and a ressie, you're welcome to come during EE even though it'll be before you're PS time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter