planning Pop century

lgp1

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of going to Pop Century next year with four other people but theres a problem.two of the people are twenty nine years of age[my niece and her bf]the other two are a mother and daughter[friends of my niece].Any advice on best way to book.I'm a fifty year male so i'm wondering which would be the best way for sleeping arrangements

I think your best bet is to rent points from a DVC owner and have a 2 bedroom villa. Then the couple can have one room, the Mum and Daughter another room and you can sleep on the sofa bed.

If you are sticking to your plans to go to Pop, then logically you will need two rooms; girls in one, boys in t'other :)

I would say you will need to go for 2 rooms at Pop (unless you want to explore other options as Gill mentions above, but not everyone wants to go down that route)

Two rooms would also mean two bathrooms LOL

dont forget they do rooms with ajoining doors
Paulh

or maybe one of the cabin at Wildness lodge
find out if everyone is willing to share or do they want there own space
can make a big difference to a holiday
we went last year with my two brothers and they familys
everyone had there own place and we just met up every day

that worked for us

lgp1 said:
Thanks everyone.one more thing -what are DVC points

Disney Vacation Club points = DVC points. Basically Disney's version of a timeshare. You can rent points from members who don't want to or can't use theor points for one of the DVC resorts (at WDW or elsewhere).

jns said:
or maybe one of the cabin at Wildness lodge
find out if everyone is willing to share or do they want there own space
can make a big difference to a holiday
we went last year with my two brothers and they familys
everyone had there own place and we just met up every day

that worked for us

JNS have you ever been to Wildness lodge-could you please tell me what it is like.
Thanks Lyndon

Hi Lyndon,

I think jns means the cabins at Fort Wilderness - here is some information for you:

Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

4510 N. Fort Wilderness Trail
Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830-1000
407-824-2900
Maximum persons per room: 6 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 409 cabins
Price per night: From $35 (campsites) to $229 (Wilderness Cabins)
Room size: 504 sq. ft (Wilderness Cabins)
Credit Cards Accepted: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and the Disney Credit Card.

Nestled away on a 750 acre cypress and pine forest between the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, sits the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. This resort offers the best of the outdoors and even offers one bedroom cabins for those who prefer the "great indoors". There are 784 campsites ranging in length from 25' to 65', for tents, tent trailers and recreational vehicles.

For those who prefer the comforts of home, there are cozy freestanding Ft. Wilderness Cabins available that can accommodate up to 6 guests. As you might expect "in the wild", there are rabbits, ducks, geese, deer, armadillos, and peacocks roaming the grounds. The Settlement Recreation Area is on Bay Lake and includes the marina, beach, Pioneer Hall and the Tri-Circle-D Ranch.

The Settlement Trading Post sells gifts, sundries, groceries, snacks and beverages. The Meadows Recreation Area is in the center of Fort Wilderness. This area includes the Bike Barn (for rentals) and the Fort Wilderness waterways and bicycle trails. Swimming, tennis, volleyball and shuffleboard are all available at the Meadows Recreation complex. The Meadows Trading Post is similar to the Settlement Trading Post, but includes a deli as well.

SERVICES/AMENITIES:

Babysitting/Childcare Services
Valet Service Cleaning
Coin Laundry facilities
Express Check-out
Refillable Mugs
Complimentary newspapers (to the Homes/Cabins)
Voice Mail
Lockers
Shops: Settlement Trading Post (gifts, sundries, limited groceries) Meadow Trading Post (gifts, sundries, limited groceries, deli)

Info found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/ftwild.htm

The Wilderness Lodge is a nearby, but different resort :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter