Planning Our Happily Ever After - A Disneymoon PTR! (NEW 7/13 - TR Link!)

Italy...How exciting! Please do share photos. I'd love to see them. Italy is on my list of places to see some day :)

Your luggage is really cute. It's hard to find some that are nice and sturdy but still cute...and that is definitely important :thumbsup2

I'll absolutely be sharing my pictures when I return! :woohoo: I agree about the luggage cuteness factor - that's why I wanted something a little more exciting than the typical styles. I'm pretty pleased with what I found. :thumbsup2

Oh, wow, wow, wow, Courtney! The ballroom for your wedding location is beautiful. That word doesn't even seem to do it justice. :) I love every sneak peek you gave us-the flowers, centerpieces, the cake!

Lucky you--a trip to Italy! That sounds wonderful. You'll have to take lots of pictures and give us a mini(mega) update! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the wedding compliments, Michelle! :goodvibes You are so sweet!

:laughing: Yes, I think I'll have to incorporate a little Italy mini-TR here!

I like your new luggage and how exciting that you are going to Italy next month!!! I will stick around during your 2 wk hiatus as long as you promise to share pictures after!

Yay! I'm glad to hear I won't be abandoned! I'll be sure to make up for it when I return with lots of pictures! :woohoo:

LOVE your new luggage, Courtney!! :lovestruc And how exciting that you'll be going to Italy for 2 weeks!! That's awesome!!! :goodvibes

Thanks, Becky! :goodvibes I'm definitely very exciting about this trip!

Wow, Courtney, have a fabulous time!! Have you ever been to Italy before? I love how historical Europe is-- it just reminds me how young the US is in comparison!

This will be my first time to Italy! I have been to Europe before, though (Paris and London after my HS graduation) and I love the history too! I'm sure it will be not only a fun, but very interesting and informative trip! :goodvibes

Your new luggage is great! I am in love with that carry-on, it is so cute!

Italy!! Yay! And so soon! Was this a surprise trip? You are going to have a blast and you will have a ton of people waiting for an Italy trip report when you get back!

Thanks, Joyce! I really love all of the different compartments that the luggage has. It seems like it will be easy to stay organized while I travel, now. :thumbsup2

The trip was a surprise from my dad! I've known about it for a few months now, but I had to find the right time to share my news! :goodvibes I'll definitely be doing a little mini-TR!

I love your new luggage! I'm the same way with luggage, I don't like to buy just boring basic black luggage, I like to get stuff that is a little different! My new luggage that I got for my Disneymoon in May is brown, but the zippers and the accents are hot pink, and I LOVE it! :laughing:

Congrats on going to Italy!!!! :dance3: I can't wait to see pictures, I would love to go there someday! :cool1:

I love all your ideas of things to make your Disneymoon extra special. Definitely squeeze in as many signature meals as you can!

I hadn't thought about a Segway tour! That's a great idea! I'm always saying I'm going to see more of WS - that would be a great way to do it. I bet Miguel would love that too! Something a little more manly. ;) Thanks for idea!

DH did the Around the World(showcase) Segway tour solo on one of our trips. He absolutely loved it. He chose the 8:30am tour so that he could see WS empty. :thumbsup2

The wedding details you shared so far are beautiful! You are going to have an amazing wedding!

One of my favorite things about the wheeling bag is it's pretty lavender interior!
12880130.jpg

LOVE the luggage! :lovestruc And sooooo exciting that you get to go to Italy next month! :banana: Hope you have a fantastic trip!

I love your new luggage! I'm the same way with luggage, I don't like to buy just boring basic black luggage, I like to get stuff that is a little different! My new luggage that I got for my Disneymoon in May is brown, but the zippers and the accents are hot pink, and I LOVE it! :laughing:

Congrats on going to Italy!!!! :dance3: I can't wait to see pictures, I would love to go there someday! :cool1:

Oooh, your luggage sounds cute! :lovestruc I'm glad I'm not the only one who wanted a little pizzaz! :lmao:

I love all your ideas of things to make your Disneymoon extra special. Definitely squeeze in as many signature meals as you can!

DH did the Around the World(showcase) Segway tour solo on one of our trips. He absolutely loved it. He chose the 8:30am tour so that he could see WS empty. :thumbsup2

The wedding details you shared so far are beautiful! You are going to have an amazing wedding!

LOVE the luggage! :lovestruc And sooooo exciting that you get to go to Italy next month! :banana: Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Thanks for all the kind words, Denise! :goodvibes I certainly hope the wedding comes together like I have in my mind! But things seem to be progressing pretty well so far. :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear of another first-hand account of the Segway tour. I definitely need to look into that some more!

I am back from the beach and all caught up!!!

ITALY :worship: :worship: :worship:

HOW AMAZING!!!! I can not wait to see your pictures! You are one lucky girl :goodvibes

Your luggage is to die for! I love the purple inside!!

I am back from the beach and all caught up!!!

ITALY :worship: :worship: :worship:

HOW AMAZING!!!! I can not wait to see your pictures! You are one lucky girl :goodvibes

Your luggage is to die for! I love the purple inside!!

Yay! I'm glad you're back, Katie! I hope you had a wonderful time at the beach! :goodvibes

I'm definitely feeling pretty lucky right now, that's for sure! I've got a very exciting year to look forward to! :cloud9:

That is so exciting that you are going to Italy! Do your best to stay cool, my DBIL and DSIL were in Greece for their honeymoon (well on Santorini) and they said it was around 110 degrees during the day!

ITALY! OMG! I love Italy so much. Rome is my favorite city in the world! You are going to have the greatest time!!! Eat lots of gelato for me. When I was there last year I think I had it at least once a day...sometimes twice! I came home from that trip 2lbs heavier. My diet consisted of gelato, bread, pizza, and macaroni. Yummyyyy!!!

And that luggage is fabulous. I love the purple!

That is so exciting that you are going to Italy! Do your best to stay cool, my DBIL and DSIL were in Greece for their honeymoon (well on Santorini) and they said it was around 110 degrees during the day!

Thanks for the tip about the weather! Wow! 110 degrees?! :scared1:We're going to be doing lots of tours, so we'll be walking a lot. I figure this might be good practice for Disney next June since we've been going during times that aren't so hot.

ITALY! OMG! I love Italy so much. Rome is my favorite city in the world! You are going to have the greatest time!!! Eat lots of gelato for me. When I was there last year I think I had it at least once a day...sometimes twice! I came home from that trip 2lbs heavier. My diet consisted of gelato, bread, pizza, and macaroni. Yummyyyy!!!

And that luggage is fabulous. I love the purple!

I'm definitely the most excited about Rome! Your Italy diet sounds amazing! :laughing: I think I could be fine living off of that for 2 weeks! :thumbsup2

I think that I'm going to make a journal for when we are there and then turn it into a TRand post corresponding pictures, when we get back!
We are so excited!!!! My DS has his birthday in 4 days, and one of his early bday gifts he recieved in the mail from famiy was a Mickey and a Donald stuffed and wearing gear like they're ready for an adventure! He loves them and carries them around everywhere :) I think he is ready to go too!!!

AND Have Fun in Italy!!! I have always wanted to go there! I look forward to seeing all the pictures :) And great luggage choice! They look so cute :)

I think that I'm going to make a journal for when we are there and then turn it into a TR when we get back!
We are so excited!!!!

AND Have Fun in Italy!!! I have always wanted to go there! I look forward to seeing all the pictures :) And great luggage choice! They look so cute :)

Yay! I'm glad to hear there's going to be a TR! :woohoo: I think I'm going to do a trip journal too. :thumbsup2 I love TR's with lot's of details so I want to be able to include them in mine too! :goodvibes

A LITTLE SHOE DISCUSSION...

I love shoes, but when it comes to Disney, it is quite possibly the most aggravating subject for me each time. I have the hardest time deciding on outfits for my Disney trips because of the shoe factor. Really, I LOVE shoes – you don’t want to know how many pair I own. But, more often than not, cute shoes (like the ones I want to wear) spell disaster after miles of walking at the world. On our last trip, I wore a pair of black Ecco walking shoes. Not the most fashionable, but not terrible either. Also, we just about froze on that trip so we wore jeans anyways, and the shoes looked fine with jeans.

053f8e87.jpg

However, our Disneymoon is going to be in June and is going to be hot hot hot – so I would really like to wear some shorts or capris. The problem – I cannot wear shorts or capris with my Ecco walking shoes! (Well, I can…I just prefer not to)

My trip to Italy is presenting the same problem as Disney – hot weather and lots of walking – what shoes do I wear?!

Which brings me to the topic of flip flops. Flops and I have a love, hate relationship. I would love to wear them, but they hate me when I do (and I end up hating them). I have zero arch in my feet and therefore need a lot of arch support to keep my feet happy. Flip flops, obviously tend to not provide the necessary arch support.

But, I haven’t given up hope yet. I’ve been doing lots of flip flop research here and I constantly come up with the same pair: Teva Mush. It seems like a lot of DISers wear these in the parks and love them. So, I’ve decided to give them a try! I ordered them online this weekend so they should be coming in soon! Here’s the pair I chose. I thought it would be a nice, basic pair that will go with almost anything.

6b0e60c8.jpg

I read that these require some breaking in, so I’m planning on wearing them around the house each night for the next couple of weeks, and then trying them out on a shopping day or something to see how my feet hold up. If they seem to be comfortable, I take them to Italy and try them out there! If they make it though Italy I should be good for Disney! And if they don’t work, I guess it’s back to the drawing board.

Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions about park shoes I would love to hear them! I feel like I will forever be on the park shoe search and would love to hear what you all wear – be it good or bad!

I had horrible horrible HORRIBLE blister problems in May '09 so I worry about my footwear constantly.

I'm with you too on the certain shoes don't go with capris/shorts.

All that being said, I've bought 2 pairs of the Teva Mush and I love them. They are so comfy, I can wear them all day long and they don't bother my feet at all. I'm bringing them in September along with my sneakers but I'm really hoping I can wear them all the time in the parks. :thumbsup2

I had horrible horrible HORRIBLE blister problems in May '09 so I worry about my footwear constantly.

I'm with you too on the certain shoes don't go with capris/shorts.

All that being said, I've bought 2 pairs of the Teva Mush and I love them. They are so comfy, I can wear them all day long and they don't bother my feet at all. I'm bringing them in September along with my sneakers but I'm really hoping I can wear them all the time in the parks. :thumbsup2

After my January trip my feet were covered in blisters too! :eek: I can't wait to see how your Teva's hold up for your September trip. I so hope that when mine come in I end up liking them. If I could find a wearable flip flop, I would have such an easier time deciding what to wear in the parks!

I LOVE the Teva Mush flip flops, I would never consider wearing other flip flops in the parks! I have the black ones that are in your picture, and I have a pair of green and white ones. I will probably get another pair for my November trip! And I don't think you have to break them in at all, they're pretty much good from the minute you put them on!

And I know some people don't like them...but I love my crocs for the parks! :rotfl: They have to be the classic crocs though...no mary janes (learned my lesson the hard way on my 08 trip, my feet were covered in blisters!), no Beach style! I know they're not the cutest shoes, but they're comfy! I'm a big believer in alternating shoes at WDW, I think that's why I don't get blisters anymore, I'm constantly switching between the flip flops and the crocs. I even had my Uggs in rotation last November for parks at night! :)

I don't know your shoe history, but have you ever tried Croc sandals? I swear by my Crocs during my Winter trips to WDW, and I only wear flip flops and sandals during the summer. I go a pair of Croc ATHENS a few summers ago, and fell in LOVE with them....they have the traditional Croc footbed, which works well with my flat-no arch feet. But I'm hoping to buy a pair of the new FLIP style to have for our summer trip in 2011. Let us know how the TEVA'S work for you....I am interested in any comfortable shoe recommendations!!

I LOVE the Teva Mush flip flops, I would never consider wearing other flip flops in the parks! I have the black ones that are in your picture, and I have a pair of green and white ones. I will probably get another pair for my November trip! And I don't think you have to break them in at all, they're pretty much good from the minute you put them on!

And I know some people don't like them...but I love my crocs for the parks! :rotfl: They have to be the classic crocs though...no mary janes (learned my lesson the hard way on my 08 trip, my feet were covered in blisters!), no Beach style! I know they're not the cutest shoes, but they're comfy! I'm a big believer in alternating shoes at WDW, I think that's why I don't get blisters anymore, I'm constantly switching between the flip flops and the crocs. I even had my Uggs in rotation last November for parks at night! :)

I'm glad to know the Tevas work out well for you! They seem to be the flip flop of choice here. And I'm glad they don't have to be broken in either! :thumbsup2

Crocs are another shoe that I read about a lot here. It seems like people either love them or hate them in the way of causing blisters. They're probably worth a shot though - I'm definitely open to trying any kind of shoe I can!

Good point about rotating out shoes! I'll have to try that!

I don't know your shoe history, but have you ever tried Croc sandals? I swear by my Crocs during my Winter trips to WDW, and I only wear flip flops and sandals during the summer. I go a pair of Croc ATHENS a few summers ago, and fell in LOVE with them....they have the traditional Croc footbed, which works well with my flat-no arch feet. But I'm hoping to buy a pair of the new FLIP style to have for our summer trip in 2011. Let us know how the TEVA'S work for you....I am interested in any comfortable shoe recommendations!!

I've never tried Crocs of any kind but I think I might have to! It's good to know they work well for your feet since they're flat like mine! That's definitely my biggest concern - I just need some arch support so my feet don't ache so much.

I'll definitely do a post once the Teva's come in! Hopefully I will have good news to report! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter