Planning Our Happily Ever After - A Disneymoon PTR! (NEW 7/13 - TR Link!)

Wow I want to come to Valentine's Day at your house!!!! You guys are so fun! I bought Randy the same chocolates but the football ones :love:

I did just start a PTR today, and plan to follow up w/ a TR as well!
Here's my PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2658785

Yay! I already headed over to subscribe! :goodvibes

I am just joining in, I LOVED the Valentines fun at your house (all weekend long, it looks like :love:). The food looked delicious and I love how you spoiled each other...That is so special and wonderful!!! :woohoo::yay::woohoo:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cloud9:

:welcome: So glad to have you! And thank you - it was a wonderful valentine's day! :cloud9:

What a wondeful Valentine's weekend/Day you two had!!! :lovestruc

It really was! :love:

what a wonderful valentines weekend you had! dinner looked amazing and i am sure it was delicious!!! lol
as for narcossee's- we didnt have a great dining experience there so i have nothing to add about food there.

BUT Cali Grill is one of our favorite places to eat! I had the pork tenderloin last time we were there and it was delicious!!! my husband always tries the cheesecake they have there and he LOVES it! their food is delicious! I am sure anything you choose will be wonderful :)

Oh no! I hate to hear you didn't like Narcoossee's! Sadly, I've read quite a few people didn't like their time there. Was it the food, service, overall experience? Anything we need to look out for in particular?

I'm so glad to hear the pork is good! I'm not typically a pork eater but that dish looks (and sounds) so yummy. :thumbsup2

You are SO thorough on every detail! Heart plates and "Valentinesy" placemats? Love it!!! How sweet of Miguel to have all of those things waiting for you when you got home on Monday. :love:

As far as CG or Narcossee's, I can't really be of much assistance as I haven't dined at either. That being said, I would say what I would like to do whenever DH and I do get an opportunity to go to Narcossee's, I would definitely have one of us order the Filet and the other the Maine Lobster and then we will share. My finisher will definitely be the Almond Crusted Cheesecake. As the menu changes so frequently at CG, it's hard for me to choose what I'd like b/c I don't want my heart to get set on it and then it's removed. All I know is that I've tried polenta before and I hated the consistency-but that's just me.

Sometimes I think I'm a little details obsessed. Haha!

I'm about 99% sure I'm going with that cheesecake too! I've heard wonderful things about it! :thumbsup2

I just realizedthe steaks were heart shaped too! how cute :D

I didn't even realize that until you pointed it out! :laughing:

What a great Valentine's Day! Just think, next year, you'll be celebrating your first Valentine's Day as a married couple :goodvibes

I have never eaten at Narcoosse's, but at CG I got the filet that was really good! We also shared one of the flatbread appetizers, and that was very good too!

I definitely want one of the flatbreads at CG! Everyone raves about them. :thumbsup2

You should definitely PM another mod, one of them should be able to help you! I hope you finish your TR, I was really enjoying it! I'm still going to finish mine, even if no one is reading it! I just did 2 updates tonight, so we'll see! I want to finish it up soon to start my PTR for my October trip!

As for Narcoossee's and Cali Grill, I can't really help you there, I haven't been to either! I've heard the pork is good at CG, that's probably what I would get if I went there! And for Narcoosee's, I'd probably get the grilled filet. The surf and turf sounds good, but I'm not a big lobster person, so I'd just skip that and get the steak by itself! I'm sure Brandon would get that though, he loves lobster!

Looks like you had a fun Valentine's Day! :thumbsup2

My TR finally got moved back! I just updated this morning! :goodvibes

Sounds like the pork is the way to go at CG!

On my last trip fiance and I had a "date night" at Narcoossee's. Fiance had the Surf and Turf and I had the Filet Mignon. We both really enjoyed our choices. I'm not a big steak eater, so I can't really compare it to anything. However, fiance LOVES seafood and meat so I guess it must have been pretty good. It ended up being his favorite meal of the trip! You can read more about our meal there and see pictures of the food in my PTR (which is also a TR, and a wedding report all rolled into 1) :)

PTR, TR and wedding report all in one?! I'm definitely headed over to check that out! And I'm glad to hear you liked Narcoossee's! :goodvibes

Wow I want to come to Valentine's Day at your house!!!! You guys are so fun! I bought Randy the same chocolates but the football ones :love:

Great minds think alike! :laughing: I was excited to see some manly candies!

4 MONTHS TO GO & BATHING SUIT INSPIRATION

Today marks 4 months until the disneymoon! Woo hoo!!! We're getting closer and closer and it's so exciting to know that this trip we've been planning for for so long will be here soon! :woohoo:

We're currently having some beautiful weather here in Atlanta today (it's 73 degrees right now) and it's got me doing some serious day dreaming about relaxing by the Poly pool.
d7496cd0.jpg

5e0170da.jpg

Since this is one place that I know we will be spending lots of time at, I've got to make sure I'm well-outfitted, right? ;) I've been doing some research of course for some cute bathing suits lately. I'm sure I'm not alone here when I say that I have a hard time finding bathing suits. I'm not a bikini girl and it seems like those are the only cute suits around sometimes. :confused3 Still though, I did manage to find a few styles that I really like. When it comes to bathing suits, I kind of prefer quantity over quality because I like being able to buy new suits for each vacation/every year. I'm hoping to take at least 4 suits with me to the Poly, and I really like styles that are kind of mix and match to allow for even more "looks". :thumbsup2

And, you know that I have to have some sort of theme here too, and what better theme for the Poly than tropical inspired looks?! Here are some suits that I've been eyeing (all are tankini styles with skirted bottoms):
82a41a66.png

99bc16e6.png

e9ebecbc.png

8879db3a.png

a3b3bef3.png

0cac1795.png

42470a88.png

8c3090fd.png

What are you favorite places to buy bathing suits? Department stores, places like Target, swim shops, online???

I'm probably not much help, being on the other side of the pond ;) .. but I get most of my swimwear from a mail-order catalogue called Next ... and, spookily, I just ordered a bikini yesterday for honeymoon!! It's navy & white striped, I'm thinking it'll be good for the cruise :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

ps - I'm jealous of your weather today, still so cold & miserable here!

Those are CUTE suits, my favorite pattern/style was the very first one...although they are ALL darling! Don't forget Kohl's as you shop, I also like Target, Old Navy, Land's End with a great sale, occasionally Sears. If I am looking for quality over quantity I would go somewhere like Belk's, Dillards, Macy's...I shop brick and mortar as well as their online sites...fit is the most important choice for me.

It is 72 degrees currently here as well. I would love to be in that pool too, how wonderful for you ...4 MONTHS!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Very cute, especially the second top!v:cutie: I love them all, except maybe the one with yellow flowers as yellow is really not my color. But if it suits you, go for it.v:thumbsup2

I usually prefer to shop at swim shops as I don't seem to find as cute swimsuits at department stores. Though last summer I did buy a couple at a place like targets. I should be going shopping for new swim suits for my wedding week soon too. :goodvibes

Love the bikini pics. I buy me and Ash's swim suits from Lands End. They hold up amazingly and the tankini tops are long. But then again, if you want to buy a bunch...Lands End is kinda pricey. I like my bathing suits to last. That is always something I hate buying since I don't wear them that often.

I'm probably not much help, being on the other side of the pond ;) .. but I get most of my swimwear from a mail-order catalogue called Next ... and, spookily, I just ordered a bikini yesterday for honeymoon!! It's navy & white striped, I'm thinking it'll be good for the cruise :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

ps - I'm jealous of your weather today, still so cold & miserable here!

How funny we've both got swim gear on the brain! :laughing: I love the nautical look. If I went on a cruise I would definitely do that. In fact, I have a nautical outfit planned for our dinner at Cape May!

Those are CUTE suits, my favorite pattern/style was the very first one...although they are ALL darling! Don't forget Kohl's as you shop, I also like Target, Old Navy, Land's End with a great sale, occasionally Sears. If I am looking for quality over quantity I would go somewhere like Belk's, Dillards, Macy's...I shop brick and mortar as well as their online sites...fit is the most important choice for me.

It is 72 degrees currently here as well. I would love to be in that pool too, how wonderful for you ...4 MONTHS!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you! Those are some great stores. I've found quite a few bathing suits at Target in the past so I'll definitely be giving it a look. Fit is definitely important! :goodvibes

Very cute, especially the second top!v:cutie: I love them all, except maybe the one with yellow flowers as yellow is really not my color. But if it suits you, go for it.v:thumbsup2

I usually prefer to shop at swim shops as I don't seem to find as cute swimsuits at department stores. Though last summer I did buy a couple at a place like targets. I should be going shopping for new swim suits for my wedding week soon too. :goodvibes

Thank you! I think the one with the yellow is my favorite! :lmao:

Love the bikini pics. I buy me and Ash's swim suits from Lands End. They hold up amazingly and the tankini tops are long. But then again, if you want to buy a bunch...Lands End is kinda pricey. I like my bathing suits to last. That is always something I hate buying since I don't wear them that often.

I have heard Lands End's suits are good. I find that whenever I go on vacation I just have to have a new one, so cheap(ish) it is! :lmao: I hoping not to spend more than about $50 a piece. We'll see how that works out. ;)

I like the one with the yellow but I also like the 2nd one as well. Hmmm...I found a really cute tankini/skirt combo at Torrid. It's mostly black but the strap (it's a halter) is bright pink with little white polka dots and the skirt can be pulled up with strings on one side to create an uneven look. I also found another cute white one with a tropical flower patten at Walmart (online) believe it or not. I have two others as well. I had 4 suits for my honeymoon as well. :lmao:

Ahhh the Poly pool! What I would give to be there now... :)

As far as swimsuits, I had some good luck at Kohls last summer!

A tankini w/ skirted bottom is exactly my style too - when you are looking, don't forget to hit up Marshalls & TJ Maxx, they usually have some decent prices!

Those swimsuits are adorable! Where are they from? I'm hoping that I lose enough weight by my October trip so I can wear a swimsuit and NOT wear a tee shirt over it! :eek: That's why I like the tankini/skirt combo, you don't have to have a perfect body to be able to wear one, so I hope I can at least get small enough to wear something like that!

I think they have cute swimsuits at Kohl's. Sometimes they have cute ones at Target, but it seems like they have more bikinis than anything!

I love the third one down!! The blue/yellow is really cute! I usually buy my bathing suits at Target or TJ Maxx/Marshalls. I definitely prefer to have more, rather than one good quality suit, too.

I like the one with the yellow but I also like the 2nd one as well. Hmmm...I found a really cute tankini/skirt combo at Torrid. It's mostly black but the strap (it's a halter) is bright pink with little white polka dots and the skirt can be pulled up with strings on one side to create an uneven look. I also found another cute white one with a tropical flower patten at Walmart (online) believe it or not. I have two others as well. I had 4 suits for my honeymoon as well. :lmao:

Your suit sounds cute! I haven't heard of Torrid. Do they have an online store? I might need to check that out. :goodvibes

Ahhh the Poly pool! What I would give to be there now... :)

As far as swimsuits, I had some good luck at Kohls last summer!

I wish I was there right now too! A lot of people are mentioning Kohls - I need to head over there! :goodvibes

A tankini w/ skirted bottom is exactly my style too - when you are looking, don't forget to hit up Marshalls & TJ Maxx, they usually have some decent prices!

I'm going to be going over to TJ Maxx looking for some picture frames for wedding decor soon so I'll definitely have to browse the swim suits while I'm there. :thumbsup2

Those swimsuits are adorable! Where are they from? I'm hoping that I lose enough weight by my October trip so I can wear a swimsuit and NOT wear a tee shirt over it! :eek: That's why I like the tankini/skirt combo, you don't have to have a perfect body to be able to wear one, so I hope I can at least get small enough to wear something like that!

I think they have cute swimsuits at Kohl's. Sometimes they have cute ones at Target, but it seems like they have more bikinis than anything!

Thanks! Most of them are from Hepari.com. I've never ordered anything from there but when I searched tankini that's what came up. :laughing: That's actually the majority of their styles so there's lots to choose from and the prices are pretty decent. :thumbsup2

I'm nervous about walking around TL and BB in my bathing suit! I'm really feeling the weight-loss time crunch now. It's so stressful! :sad1:

I love the third one down!! The blue/yellow is really cute! I usually buy my bathing suits at Target or TJ Maxx/Marshalls. I definitely prefer to have more, rather than one good quality suit, too.

That's my favorite too! Most of my suits are from Target, too. I like that they have a lot of mix and match styles. :thumbsup2

4 MONTHS TO GO & BATHING SUIT INSPIRATION

Today marks 4 months until the disneymoon! Woo hoo!!! We're getting closer and closer and it's so exciting to know that this trip we've been planning for for so long will be here soon! :woohoo:

We're currently having some beautiful weather here in Atlanta today (it's 73 degrees right now) and it's got me doing some serious day dreaming about relaxing by the Poly pool.
d7496cd0.jpg

5e0170da.jpg

Since this is one place that I know we will be spending lots of time at, I've got to make sure I'm well-outfitted, right? ;) I've been doing some research of course for some cute bathing suits lately. I'm sure I'm not alone here when I say that I have a hard time finding bathing suits. I'm not a bikini girl and it seems like those are the only cute suits around sometimes. :confused3 Still though, I did manage to find a few styles that I really like. When it comes to bathing suits, I kind of prefer quantity over quality because I like being able to buy new suits for each vacation/every year. I'm hoping to take at least 4 suits with me to the Poly, and I really like styles that are kind of mix and match to allow for even more "looks". :thumbsup2

And, you know that I have to have some sort of theme here too, and what better theme for the Poly than tropical inspired looks?! Here are some suits that I've been eyeing (all are tankini styles with skirted bottoms):
82a41a66.png

99bc16e6.png

e9ebecbc.png

8879db3a.png

a3b3bef3.png

0cac1795.png

42470a88.png

8c3090fd.png

What are you favorite places to buy bathing suits? Department stores, places like Target, swim shops, online???

I like the bathing suits you picked, the colors are pretty.
I HATE bathing suit shopping b/c I can't find anything that supports me. I'm not big, I just need something to pick the girls up lol. Last year I ordered 3 suits from Lands End :lovestruc I love them!!! I've gotten so many compliments on them too, they were all 2 pieces, but not bikinis.

TONS OF WEDDING DETAILS

I hope you all don't mind hearing about some wedding details, because I have so many things to share with you all!

We're just a little over 4 months until the big day and things are really coming together. We have officially booked all of our vendors now, so we are currently in the process of shopping around for the little things (which of course have a big impact!)

Some of our final vendors to book were transportation and hair and makeup. I knew from the beginning that I didn't want a limo - I really wanted something different from the norm. Plus, as you've probably guessed by now, the "look" and "theme" of the wedding are very important to me. I'm going for a kind of old, sophistocated southern glamour and I felt that a limo would look a little out of place. So, I began researching vintage cars and came across this beauty:
5dfece2b.jpg

It's a vintage 56 Bentley and I knew that it would be perfect! My dad called and booked it today, so this will officially be our wedding day transportation. I can't wait to ride in it and take pictures next to it! :lmao:

I also felt pretty strongly about hair and makeup. I tend to get stressed out easily, and I want to try to keep the wedding day as calm and worry-free as possible (if that's possible). We will all be staying at a hotel after our rehearsal dinner on Friday night, and I was really hoping I could find someone to come to the hotel on Saturday so that we didn't have to worry about leaving the hotel to get to an appointment/appointments on time. Luckily, I was able to find a company that specializes in on-site hair and makeup. They are rated very highly and I think their prices are very reasonable. They will be coming to our hotel the day of and will be doing hair and makeup for myself, my two bridesmaids and my mother (both of my grandmothers opted out).

I've been scouring the internet for some pictures of what I want my hair to look like, and I came across two that I love. It's exactly the look I want to achieve! I found them a couple of weeks apart and later came to realize it's the same girl in both pictures. Clearly this is the style I like! :laughing:
cf4c0724.jpg

8f121e85.jpg

I want my makeup to look like me, meaning I don't want to be made up to look different than I normally do! :laughing: I have had my make up professionally done once in my life and I hated it because they made me look so different. I wear makeup everyday, so I definitely don't mind them caking it on a bit. Haha. Thankfully the makeup artist suggests coming to trial in the makeup you normally wear so they can get a feel of what you look like everyday.

The last vendor left to book was our officiant. I feel bad calling this a "vendor", though - let's call it a very important wedding participant! Miguel and I had three possible officiants in mind, and I am so happy with what we ended up choosing. As it turns out, the man that will be marrying Miguel and I was the same man that married my parents nearly 26 years ago! I think it's going to add a really special element to the wedding. :goodvibes

Now, moving away from vendors and on to "things"...another thing that has been really important to me was the chairs. I know, this seems kind of trivial, but all of my wedding-related nightmares so far have been about these chairs! I knew from the beginning (again) that I wanted a specific chair. In my dreams we always ended up forgetting about them and had to use lawn chairs, dining room chairs, you name it! I finally got around to reserving my chairs though - my venue provides them (at an additional cost, unfortunatley) with a chair pad included. Here they are!
5f1e0baa.jpg

I also picked out the chargers for the table. I had originally wanted the classic gold beaded charger:
f24dad86.jpg

But, when I found out that they cost between $6 and $7 just to rent, I decided against them - that would cost us nearly $900! :eek: Instead, I did some browsing and found these chargers, which I can buy for $1.99 a piece. That will save a lot of money! And while I honestly don't like them as much as the others, I think they will serve the purpose.
01159e07.jpg

Next up is ceremony and reception paper! A few weeks ago I ordered a sample set of things like programs, menus, etc from etsy seller embellishedbytiffany and fell in love with them! They are so pretty, and I love that they are handmade.
a8f27802.jpg

(Menu, table number, escort card)

e4e0a1f0.jpg

(program)

I am going to order the programs, menu cards and escort cards. I am having her change the backing to gold paper and the swirly design and some of the headings to gold type as well. I am also going to have her add a bow to the seam of the program to cover up the staple. :thumbsup2

We also picked out our serving set and toasting flutes! I haven't ordered them (I'm hoping to tonight), but here's what they look like:
ab5c7230.jpg

27bc0a96.jpg

It's a little difficult to tell, but inside the stems of the glasses and the handles of the serving set are tiny pearls. Here's a close up of the flutes:
966b8ba4.png

Ok, I think I'm going to stop for now! I still have so many other things to share with you all but I think this is getting a little long! :lmao: It does make me feel like I'm accomplishing a lot, though! :woohoo:

Everything looks so pretty!!! I really like the hair style you picked out! Its very pretty. And I love the car!

How far out did you book your officiant. This is my current stressor. I don't know if i want a Catholic priest who will marry outside the church, or an officiant and I feel we are getting closer to the date (a little over 5 months) and I haven't figured it out yet.

I love the yellow Bathing Suit, I am just to old to wear such bright colors now :lmao:. If you are considering Land's End you can go online and register. They will send you codes for percentages off frequently (Yesterday was 20% off everything site wide). LOVING the wedding plans and decision making, while hard, is also fun!! SO many details!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter