Planning Our Happily Ever After - A Disneymoon PTR! (NEW 7/13 - TR Link!)

Nice job on the food budget. It looks very realistic to me :thumbsup2 Scary but realistic. Have you thought about having some stuff delivered from Garden Grocery? We were very happy with them.

TONS OF WEDDING DETAILS

Some of our final vendors to book were transportation and hair and makeup. I knew from the beginning that I didn't want a limo - I really wanted something different from the norm. Plus, as you've probably guessed by now, the "look" and "theme" of the wedding are very important to me. I'm going for a kind of old, sophistocated southern glamour and I felt that a limo would look a little out of place. So, I began researching vintage cars and came across this beauty:
5dfece2b.jpg

It's a vintage 56 Bentley and I knew that it would be perfect! My dad called and booked it today, so this will officially be our wedding day transportation. I can't wait to ride in it and take pictures next to it! :lmao:

I also felt pretty strongly about hair and makeup. I tend to get stressed out easily, and I want to try to keep the wedding day as calm and worry-free as possible (if that's possible). We will all be staying at a hotel after our rehearsal dinner on Friday night, and I was really hoping I could find someone to come to the hotel on Saturday so that we didn't have to worry about leaving the hotel to get to an appointment/appointments on time. Luckily, I was able to find a company that specializes in on-site hair and makeup. They are rated very highly and I think their prices are very reasonable. They will be coming to our hotel the day of and will be doing hair and makeup for myself, my two bridesmaids and my mother (both of my grandmothers opted out).

I've been scouring the internet for some pictures of what I want my hair to look like, and I came across two that I love. It's exactly the look I want to achieve! I found them a couple of weeks apart and later came to realize it's the same girl in both pictures. Clearly this is the style I like! :laughing:
cf4c0724.jpg

8f121e85.jpg

I love the car! That is very romantic and classic! But the hair.....OMG I love this hair style! It is so beautiful! With the dress.....yeah, I see jaws dropping and tears flowing and Migual with a big smile on his face (along with the dropped jaw and the tears!!)

:worship: That food budget looks amazing! When I did mine for the last two trips to WDW, I usually wrote it on NB paper about 5 times before I typed it into the computer and even then, it was NOTHING like yours! :) $1500 food budget isn't that shocking for such a long trip filled with so many delicious meals! :)

Wow, great job on the food budget! I really have to sit down and calculate all of that this year, since we will be doing the DDP, but paying OOP for a few meals! :thumbsup2

That's strange that they moved your TR to the completed section! Did they move it back yet?

I seem to be losing readers on my TR too, I almost don't want to bother finishing it! My last update only got 2 replies! :eek: I hate the thought of not finishing it, though!

quick question Courtney.. what is 'WPE' (rather than your Teppan Edo ADR)? :confused3 I am trying so hard to think of all the restaurants it could be!

I have done just the same thing with our dining.. used All Ears to get an idea of appetiser/entree/drink prices - plus tax & gratuity less TiW Discount.. we're spending about the same amount as you guys! :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

Nice job on the food budget. It looks very realistic to me :thumbsup2 Scary but realistic. Have you thought about having some stuff delivered from Garden Grocery? We were very happy with them.

Thank you! I'm really hoping it's realistic. I figured it was better to over-estimate than under! :laughing: I haven't thought of GG! Maybe I should look into it. Thanks for the idea! :goodvibes

I love the car! That is very romantic and classic! But the hair.....OMG I love this hair style! It is so beautiful! With the dress.....yeah, I see jaws dropping and tears flowing and Migual with a big smile on his face (along with the dropped jaw and the tears!!)

Thanks, Leeanne! I'm hoping for tears! :lmao: I really hope the hair stylist can achieve that look because I think it is so beautiful. I can't wait to go to the trial and find out!

:worship: That food budget looks amazing! When I did mine for the last two trips to WDW, I usually wrote it on NB paper about 5 times before I typed it into the computer and even then, it was NOTHING like yours! :) $1500 food budget isn't that shocking for such a long trip filled with so many delicious meals! :)

Thanks! I guess that is true - for the amount of time we'll be there it's not too bad. Hopefully that's a true number and it doesn't end up being over $1500! :confused3

Wow, great job on the food budget! I really have to sit down and calculate all of that this year, since we will be doing the DDP, but paying OOP for a few meals! :thumbsup2

That's strange that they moved your TR to the completed section! Did they move it back yet?

I seem to be losing readers on my TR too, I almost don't want to bother finishing it! My last update only got 2 replies! :eek: I hate the thought of not finishing it, though!

I still haven't gotten a response about my TR! Maybe I need to try PMing another mod? :confused3 I know how you feel - it's sad not having many readers! But I don't want to leave it un-done either, you know? I guess if I can't get it moved back I'll just do a quick overview of the last two days here so at least there's some sense of completion.

quick question Courtney.. what is 'WPE' (rather than your Teppan Edo ADR)? :confused3 I am trying so hard to think of all the restaurants it could be!

I have done just the same thing with our dining.. used All Ears to get an idea of appetiser/entree/drink prices - plus tax & gratuity less TiW Discount.. we're spending about the same amount as you guys! :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

I put WPE for Wolfgang Puck Express. There are so many accronyms here it's hard to keep up with them all! :laughing:

I'm glad to hear you came up with a similar figure for your budget - that must mean I calculated correctly! :thumbsup2

Well haven't you been a busy bee. I fell a little backwards on your updates, but I am all caught up now. I love the old Bently...it says 50's chic. I really like the hair style that you choose too! I like that it is low key and elegant. I like to look at the bride and not be overwhelmed by dress, make-up, hair, ect. I think this is going to look great on you!! We had to incorporate something small that was Disney into our wedding and my mother in law was in charge of the cake. It was a small wedding..only about 50 people came to the wedding and 30 to the reception which we had at the Hyatt Riverfront in Jacksonville. When I get home tonight I will post a picture of our cake, which I think you'll like!

I also forgot to mention that we are going tot he world for 4 days in March for the Flower and Garden Festival. If you have not been, I highly recommend it. :thumbsup2

Joining in now - better late than never! I actually just read all of your updates between last night and this morning, so I am up to speed. I love all of your wedding details (that custom dress hanger is TDF!), and have to say thanks for sharing your must-eat food choices, I have added a few things to our list of things we want to try when we head to WDW in May! Congrats on your engagement! :lovestruc

Well haven't you been a busy bee. I fell a little backwards on your updates, but I am all caught up now. I love the old Bently...it says 50's chic. I really like the hair style that you choose too! I like that it is low key and elegant. I like to look at the bride and not be overwhelmed by dress, make-up, hair, ect. I think this is going to look great on you!! We had to incorporate something small that was Disney into our wedding and my mother in law was in charge of the cake. It was a small wedding..only about 50 people came to the wedding and 30 to the reception which we had at the Hyatt Riverfront in Jacksonville. When I get home tonight I will post a picture of our cake, which I think you'll like!

I also forgot to mention that we are going tot he world for 4 days in March for the Flower and Garden Festival. If you have not been, I highly recommend it. :thumbsup2

I've been very busy! :laughing: I'd love to see a picture of your cake! Right now I'm so consumed with weddings I love looking at pictures for inspiration. :goodvibes

Yay for the F&G Festival! I would really like to go sometime!

Joining in now - better late than never! I actually just read all of your updates between last night and this morning, so I am up to speed. I love all of your wedding details (that custom dress hanger is TDF!), and have to say thanks for sharing your must-eat food choices, I have added a few things to our list of things we want to try when we head to WDW in May! Congrats on your engagement! :lovestruc

:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in - I hope you'll stick around! :goodvibes How exciting you have a trip coming up in May! Are you going to do a PTR or TR when you get back? I'm always looking for new reports to follow along with!

CALI GRILL & NARCOOSSEE'S FAVE DISHES & VALENTINE'S DAY

Miguel and I are so excited to be trying our first real signature restaurants on the disneymoon! The only other place we've eaten that's considered signature is CRT, so we're ready for a nice romantic, adult meal! Normally I don't focus too much on the menus and trying to decide ahead of time, but I really want to make sure that these two meals are special and delicious! I'd hate for us to be disappointed at these restaurants! Right now, the dishes that are jumping out at me from CG are the crispy chicken and the pork tenderloin. At Narcoosse's I'd like to try the surf and turf, but I know it gets some pretty bad reviews. :confused3

So, please share with me your favorite dishes at these two places! I'd love to know about your fave apps, entrees and desserts! And if you haven't been, let me know what you'd like to try there! :goodvibes

And speaking of nice meals, we of course had to have a romantic dinner for Valentine's day! Just like with New Year's, its our tradition to do a pretty low-key V-day and that's just the way we like it! Since I had school Monday night and didn't really want to cook a big meal on Sunday, we celebrated on Saturday night.
d6d89242.jpg

bc088154.jpg

ae709762.jpg

I got Miguel some candy, and I also gave him his groom shirt Saturday night - he loved it!
8c1cca51.jpg

00ea555e.jpg

For dinner, I made a "surf and turf" of filets, shrimp scampi, loaded mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans. It was all delicious!
376c3d3a.jpg

For dessert we had a cookie cake and some cute heart plates that I got at Target a few years back.
badffdc9.jpg

eac25c2e.jpg

Since I was in school Monday night, I didn't get home until about 11:30, but when I did I had this surprise waiting on me! (sorry for the bad phone pictures!)
1d44d31e.jpg

0186543c.jpg

It was a great Valentine's day! :love:

I am just joining in, I LOVED the Valentines fun at your house (all weekend long, it looks like :love:). The food looked delicious and I love how you spoiled each other...That is so special and wonderful!!! :woohoo::yay::woohoo:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cloud9:

what a wonderful valentines weekend you had! dinner looked amazing and i am sure it was delicious!!! lol
as for narcossee's- we didnt have a great dining experience there so i have nothing to add about food there.

BUT Cali Grill is one of our favorite places to eat! I had the pork tenderloin last time we were there and it was delicious!!! my husband always tries the cheesecake they have there and he LOVES it! their food is delicious! I am sure anything you choose will be wonderful :)

You are SO thorough on every detail! Heart plates and "Valentinesy" placemats? Love it!!! How sweet of Miguel to have all of those things waiting for you when you got home on Monday. :love:

As far as CG or Narcossee's, I can't really be of much assistance as I haven't dined at either. That being said, I would say what I would like to do whenever DH and I do get an opportunity to go to Narcossee's, I would definitely have one of us order the Filet and the other the Maine Lobster and then we will share. My finisher will definitely be the Almond Crusted Cheesecake. As the menu changes so frequently at CG, it's hard for me to choose what I'd like b/c I don't want my heart to get set on it and then it's removed. All I know is that I've tried polenta before and I hated the consistency-but that's just me.

What a great Valentine's Day! Just think, next year, you'll be celebrating your first Valentine's Day as a married couple :goodvibes

I have never eaten at Narcoosse's, but at CG I got the filet that was really good! We also shared one of the flatbread appetizers, and that was very good too!

I still haven't gotten a response about my TR! Maybe I need to try PMing another mod? I know how you feel - it's sad not having many readers! But I don't want to leave it un-done either, you know? I guess if I can't get it moved back I'll just do a quick overview of the last two days here so at least there's some sense of completion.

You should definitely PM another mod, one of them should be able to help you! I hope you finish your TR, I was really enjoying it! I'm still going to finish mine, even if no one is reading it! I just did 2 updates tonight, so we'll see! I want to finish it up soon to start my PTR for my October trip!

As for Narcoossee's and Cali Grill, I can't really help you there, I haven't been to either! I've heard the pork is good at CG, that's probably what I would get if I went there! And for Narcoosee's, I'd probably get the grilled filet. The surf and turf sounds good, but I'm not a big lobster person, so I'd just skip that and get the steak by itself! I'm sure Brandon would get that though, he loves lobster!

Looks like you had a fun Valentine's Day! :thumbsup2

On my last trip fiance and I had a "date night" at Narcoossee's. Fiance had the Surf and Turf and I had the Filet Mignon. We both really enjoyed our choices. I'm not a big steak eater, so I can't really compare it to anything. However, fiance LOVES seafood and meat so I guess it must have been pretty good. It ended up being his favorite meal of the trip! You can read more about our meal there and see pictures of the food in my PTR (which is also a TR, and a wedding report all rolled into 1) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter