Planning our first trip with a new little guy! May 2017

I usually don't have a lot of time to cook, but on the weekends I can squeeze it in since my husband is home. My oldest one requested Mickey waffles...they are more like pancakes, but this little waffle iron was a great purchase from Kohls when I had 30% off and it was on sale. I cannot remember how much it was, but we've gotten quite a bit of use out of it.

disboards3.jpg

Baby's newest trick! Playing with his toes....he is obsessed with his feet lately....never paying attention to anything but them. Picture fail as he played away with them!
disboards4.jpg

Our life from September through March---my oldest plays hockey--Disney trips are out during hockey season which is why we have taken a liking to May so much :)
disboards5.jpg

Welcome! I am a little nervous taking a youngster. My older son was 5 during his first trip & did not even require a stroller HAHA :D I am thinking the excitement I am going to have over seeing him in all of these situations will outweigh everything else!
I think one that little might even be easier than a toddler or preschool kid. They can just sleep whenever in the stroller! And yes, it was so wonderful to see Disney through my boys' eyes this past June!

I think one that little might even be easier than a toddler or preschool kid. They can just sleep whenever in the stroller! And yes, it was so wonderful to see Disney through my boys' eyes this past June!

Agreed! Our 2018 trip when he is almost 2 will be worse :tongue:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

We had a very nice Thanksgiving! I hope you all did too! Only 162 more days until our trip! I know time will fly by! Is Santa brining any Disney goodies to your homes?! He is bringing a few things to ours :yay:

We had a Disney Christmas this year There was a little bit for each of us (except hubby.) My little got some books, sleepers,a blanket with his name, pjs for our trip, and Mickey shoes. My older son got pictopia and a travel journal and pins for the trip. He also got a spirit airlines approved carrying bag. The coolest thing is the color your own tshirt that he can make and wear. I got some comfy loungewear for at home
image.jpeg

Yesterday made me realize we have just over 4 months until we leave! Time is flying, and it's time to seriously get to planning. I am still working on park tickets and waiting to see what the increase will be for tickets vs APs and whether or not I should grab them now or wait to upgrade.

image.jpeg

We got some Disney trip goodies too, and now that Christmas is over the planning gets so much more fun for me! :) Cute pics of the family

Joining in with the fun. I must admit that reading all these PTR's are really getting me into the Disney spirit. Your boys are just precious and the baby is getting so big. Ugh, I miss my babies when they were smaller. This year I will be lucky if I can get my 14 year old to wear a Disney shirt. Well he better get used to it because that is all I am packing.:tongue:

I have gone a couple of times in May and agree with you. That is the best times to go. Crowds are low because kids are still in school or just getting out of school, temps are not to high, and rain in low. I was planing on going at end of May again this year but a friend of mine is coming with us and using her discount. She can't use her discount for certain times so we decided for Mid August. Kids should be going back to school so the crowds shouldn't be horrible but I am sure we will die in the heat.:sunny:

I think you will be fine with the stroller. I have brought a stroller for all of my trip (except my one solo one) up to this point. My eldest son has Cystic Fibrosis so I even got him a special needs stroller for our 2013 trip. Just be warned that people will be walking with you in a crowd and decide they can step in front of you without warning. I have unfortunately hit a leg or two when people have done this to me and get dirty looks when it was obviously their fault.:headache: But enough negativity. It will fine. I would tie a bright ribbon or piece of cloth around your stroller to make it stand out though. CM are known for moving the strollers around once people leave to make room for new strollers to come in. It will be easier to find your stroller after the attraction. Trust me.:teeth:

Well I have taken up enough of your time already. Have a good day!!:rainbow:

Joining in with the fun. I must admit that reading all these PTR's are really getting me into the Disney spirit. Your boys are just precious and the baby is getting so big. Ugh, I miss my babies when they were smaller. This year I will be lucky if I can get my 14 year old to wear a Disney shirt. Well he better get used to it because that is all I am packing.:tongue:

I have gone a couple of times in May and agree with you. That is the best times to go. Crowds are low because kids are still in school or just getting out of school, temps are not to high, and rain in low. I was planing on going at end of May again this year but a friend of mine is coming with us and using her discount. She can't use her discount for certain times so we decided for Mid August. Kids should be going back to school so the crowds shouldn't be horrible but I am sure we will die in the heat.:sunny:

I think you will be fine with the stroller. I have brought a stroller for all of my trip (except my one solo one) up to this point. My eldest son has Cystic Fibrosis so I even got him a special needs stroller for our 2013 trip. Just be warned that people will be walking with you in a crowd and decide they can step in front of you without warning. I have unfortunately hit a leg or two when people have done this to me and get dirty looks when it was obviously their fault.:headache: But enough negativity. It will fine. I would tie a bright ribbon or piece of cloth around your stroller to make it stand out though. CM are known for moving the strollers around once people leave to make room for new strollers to come in. It will be easier to find your stroller after the attraction. Trust me.:teeth:

Well I have taken up enough of your time already. Have a good day!!:rainbow:

HAHAHA! You crack me up about the stroller. I am really going to have to work on my patience for this trip! My goal for this one is to take it in and really enjoy everything through my boys' eyes. It is a longer one, so I am looking at it like there is really no need to rush everywhere & do everything. My plans are going to be very loose. If we miss something, we miss it. :D

Although dining has been done for months, I started tinkering with things when ROL dining packages came out. :tongue: I also have been procrastinating when it comes to planning park days. The whole parent rider swap thing is throwing me for a loop. It seems a little like an unfair advantage :) I really need to get cracking! FP+ day is only 25 short days away!!

Starting to work on daily plans!

Luckily one of 2 local airports (the larger one) is fairly close to where we live (15 minutes by car). It is nice because we will be able to get dropped off in the morning for our 8:10 am flight out :o We are due to arrive at 10:37 am at MCO, but every single time I've flown to Florida the flight ends up taking a shorter amount of time in the air. Fingers crossed that happens again. Any lesser amount of time my will be 10 month old has to be on his first flight, the better LOL!

When we land I figure we will need a restroom break for baby & possibly a little time to feed him. This can possibly happen on the plane, but I am pretty much going to cautiously plan for him not "cooperating" in any way because then when he does it will be that much better :)

I have been back and forth in my mind about using those yellow bag tags as well for Magical Express. I have done both on previous trips. I tend to like to have all of my things with me just in case, but for this trip I have decided we will use the yellow tags and have the luggage sent directly to AKL. Less things for us to transport with a baby who probably will not be able to walk on his own unassisted, a stroller rental that has not been picked up, 3-4 personal item bags from the flights, etc. all lead me to believe this will probably be the best decision for us this trip. Since we are planning a park day on day 1 (which we do not always do) we shouldn't need anything out of the suitcases (like pool stuff) anyways.

My hope is to be at our resort by 1230-1 at the latest, hopefully with early online check in, drop our personal item airline bags/switch to a park bag, pick up our stroller/grocery delivery at the resort, and head to Magic Kingdom. I have a lot to do on that first day!

Currently, I have 10 day park hoppers for the 3 of us linked in MDE. Baby is free WOOHOOO! After we enter Magic Kingdom for the first time, I want to exit and upgrade all of them to annual passes (yes, more trips to plan in the next year :yay:) I also need to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card for our dining discounts. We drink at meals, at the pool, when we want to relax in the parks....and all of the sit down restaurants I have booked will be a 20% discount on food & alcohol. SCORE!

Once that is done, my little man has his first haircut appointment at Harmony Barber Shop at 2pm. Boy does he need it :love: We still have 84 days until our trip, and his side burns are outrageous HAHAHA!
Bryson hair.jpg
I am leaving about an hour for that. It probably will not take that long for such a teeny guy. Again, who the heck knows how he will cooperate. My older son screamed during haircuts for 3 years. :sad: Hopefully he is so in awe with everything that he is the happiest kid on Main Street!

After that is done, I wanted to start using FP+ for rides. I thought we would stay near Frontierland for the first part of the afternoon. My older one is a thrill ride lover, so anything fast & big is up his alley. After that we will move to Fantasyland for the remainder of the afternoon.

Myself: BTMR 3p (child swap), Tea Party 6p, 7 Dwarfs 5p (child swap)
Shane: BTMR 3p, Splash 4p, 7 Dwarfs 5p
Dad: Splash 4p (child swap), Pooh 5p (to ride with our little guy), Dumbo 6p (to ride with our little guy)

My husband is not a ride lover. He did Space mountain and Tower of Terror once. He said never again. If he wants to use the child swap passes to ride again with our older son he can, if not, I will ride with him double.

Some of the FP+ time will be before our dinner reservation, and one may have to be after it. I will try to squeeze them all in before though. It is a long day, so we might not want to re-enter MK after our 7:15 pm
dinner reservation at Chef Mickey! I know they are not always on time, so we may not get out of there until after 9pm. Well, that is it for day 1! it is a jam packed one!! :flower:

Plans look good and I know what you mean about Child Swap. We will be using it too, and it will be extremely helpful at Epcot, where I can schedule one of us for Test Track and one for Soarin'. My DH is not a roller coaster person either, other than BTMRR....so I'll grab the Child Swap pass to ride again later in the trip bc they are good til the end of the month.

FYI, you do not have to enter the park with your tickets before upgrading to an annual pass. It used to be that way but not anymore.

My oldest got his first haircut at 9.5m at Harmony Barbershop. He was great and they were great with him! But he's always been good about haircuts. My youngest was the screamer! He didn't get his first (or any) at Harmony bc I just took him to Disney for the first time at 2yrs 3m and I couldn't wait that long for his first haircut. But maybe it was a blessing in disguise bc he was so bad the first few times! He's fine now but wowzers!

I also tinkered with my dining and added a Tusker House BF with ROL package but I'm not sure I'll keep it. I prefer 1 TS a day and I really want to do Sanaa dinner. So I'll probably just go with a FP. I'll hold onto the ADR though until I decide for sure.

I'm working on my touring plans for June, as well! I'm excited to see the rest!

Day 2: May 7 (Sunday)

We are planning on heading to Animal Kingdom for opening time. I like to ride the Safari early, if possible. Planning on the following FP+

Myself: Safari 9am, Expedition 10am (child swap), Dinosaur 12p (child swap)
Shane: Safari 9am, Expedition 10 am, Kali 11am
Dad: Safari 9am, Kali 11am (child swap), Dinosaur 12p (child swap)

After we explore AK a little we will head back to the resort to get ready for dinner. We have a dinner reservation at Whispering Canyon at 545pm. After that, I am not sure if we will pop in MK or not for a couple of hours. It just kind of depends on how the kids are doing. If they want to stop we can, if they want to go to bed we can head back to AKL.

Plans look great! I hope you're flight goes smoothly. I've not yet flown with DD (2) and I'm nervous about it. Hopefully your two boys are nice and calm, maybe even tired!

I love that you guys have plans for arrival day! Wish we could swing that.

DS is such a cutie!!! Hos hair is tje perfect length for a cut, and then a cute photo session!

Have you guys done Whispering Canyon before? We loved it! It's fun and the food is delicious!

Day 2 looks good. I've done WCC once but its been since 2007. We are at WL for our trip so we have dinner ressies there, as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter