Planning our Christmas Honeymoon and WDW First Visit

Austriankrystl

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I am new to this board (although I have waded silently through hundreds of posts in the past few weeks). In fact, I never post but cannot find answers to my questions.

My FI and I are coming to WDW for our Honeymoon 13-20 December 2014. We just booked in the Caribbean Beach Resort with the Dining Plan. We wanted Coronado Springs, but we are really on a budget and this is our "splurge" for our vacation.

It is a long way from Germany and we want to make this the perfect balance of fun and romantic, active and relaxing.

That said this is OUR FIRST COUPLES VACATION and OUR FIRST WDW VACATION.

Hello!

I am new to this board (although I have waded silently through hundreds of posts in the past few weeks). In fact, I never post but cannot find answers to my questions.

My FI and I are coming to WDW for our Honeymoon 13-20 December 2014. We just booked in the Caribbean Beach Resort with the Dining Plan. We wanted Coronado Springs, but we are really on a budget and this is our "splurge" for our vacation.

It is a long way from Germany and we want to make this the perfect balance of fun and romantic, active and relaxing.

Hello! :wave2: My husband and I "DisneyMooned" too and it was our first WDW vacation together. He wasn't a Disney lover at that point and now, I think he misses it more than me on most days! CBR is a beautiful resort, I think you'll enjoy it there. It is a big resort though, so be prepared for a lot of walking.

Hope you get some pixie dust and get some cool things thrown your way!

Hi and welcome! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

My brother in law just LOVES Carribbean Beach; he stays there every chance he gets. I'm sure you're going to love it as much!

Since you're on the dining plan, you'll want to book your ADRs (Advanced Dining Reservations.) You can book them at 180 days out-- so that's now, or as soon as you decide what you want. (As long as there are openings, you can always change your plans. So you can book a rough draft now, then make any changes you want along the way. But booking early ensures that you get something.)

Can I make some suggestions? These are my personal favorites, though I must admit we go with 3 kids, so romantic candlelit dinners aren't on our agenda:
- Cape May dinner. It's an easy walk from International Gateway in Epcot.
- Le Cellier in Epcot (warning; this counts as 2 meals.) It's the steakhouse in Canada.
- For character meals, Chef Mickeys is loud and boisterous, but a lot of fun. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella, the Prince, the Stepsisters and Stepmother is a bit less noisy, and a lot of fun as well. Or take a look at Aukerhaus (Norway in Epcot) Five princesses circulate, and the setting is so pretty!
- Yak and Yetti in Animal Kingdom.
- I can't wait to try Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom. These reservations are hard to get, since it's new... you may want to try that one right away, and book it towards the end of your trip, when fewer people have had access to the date.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

We had a last minute trip to Disney last Thanksgiving and were hoping to get into Shades of Green (resort for military). That was booked solid but the clerk at Shades of Green was able to book us into Carribean Beach. Worked out great.

We absolutely loved the resort. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas.
We are empty nesters and were not expecting the resort to be so quiet and peaceful. We were often the only ones at the quiet pool near our room in the evening and enjoyed strolling to the food court through the beautiful grounds in the mornings.

Have a wonderful trip!

Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. This will be my husband and my first trip to WDW together and his first time ever going. It's so exciting!

DisneyDahling said:
Hello! :wave2: My husband and I "DisneyMooned" too and it was our first WDW vacation together. He wasn't a Disney lover at that point and now, I think he misses it more than me on most days! CBR is a beautiful resort, I think you'll enjoy it there. It is a big resort though, so be prepared for a lot of walking.

Hope you get some pixie dust and get some cool things thrown your way!

Congrats!!! Just being being with your new hubby in Disney, well you can't go wrong. Every single moment will be wonderful. Make beautiful memories and enjoy!! Psst...make a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest.

congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon!
my DH and I are taking our first Disney trip together in November

Welcome, My wife and I got married at Walt Disney World and honeymooned there too. It's a great place, you are going to love it. December is pretty magic with all the decorations and fun times. Be sure to go and see your version of Santa at the Germany Pavilion in Epcot.

Have fun,

Regards Larry.

Hello!

Perfect time to go! Check out Illuminations in EPCOT, the special part at the end during the holidays is incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!