Planning for DxDP in a Whole New World...A Feb 14 PDR *2/19 Complete*

On day four we are going to Hollywood Studios. For my last two trips, my tried and true breakfast option has been Kouzzina. They have always been delicious, but the only thing I would really order there is the stacked Kouzzina, and I am growing a little tired of that. This is not to say I wouldn't go back again, but it is time for something new.

We decided to try out the offerings at...

CaptainsGrille_zps12ca61cc.jpg

I have never been, but their options sounded really amazing for breakfast! I'm not sure how I will decide. Right now, the front runners are...

Lobster Omelet - butter-warmed lobster, asparagus, chive-infused cream and captain's potatoes $13.49

Or...

Poached Eggs - lump crab salad, prosciutto, potato rosti, and herb hollandaise $13.99 (Sans prosciutto of course)

Or...

Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes - blueberry compote, citrus pudding, and savory hash browns $10.99

Normally I am more of a savory breakfast person, but boy do those hotcakes sound delicious!

For lunch we are off to a tried and true favorite. This place usually gets very hit or miss reviews, but my experience with them has always been positive. We knew we wanted to book the Fantasmic! Package, and we decided to forego The Brown Derby since their vegetarian options did not appeal to me. So, the obvious choice was...

MamaMelrose_zpsbee3aca2.jpg

Before I get in to what we are looking forward to this trip, I figured I would share a little with you from trips past!

From our first trip in 2010...

Appetizers...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2351.jpg

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes - with marinated sweet onions, balsamic drizzle, basil-scented olive oil and fresh sweet basil $8.49

I hate tomatoes, so can't offer up much on how good this was.

I went with...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2352.jpg

Mama's Antipasto for Two - selection of Italian meats, cheeses, and marinated vegetables $14.99

I loved this! Huge chunks of cheese and the vegetables were awesome, although marinated vegetables are definitely an acquired taste for most.

For entrees we went with...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2354.jpg

Charred Strip Steak - with five-cheese baked macaroni, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction $29.99

The steak was ordered medium-rare and definitely came out rare. The next steak was cooked perfectly. I didn't try any so can't tell you how it was.

DisneyworldAugust2010-2353.jpg

It was a chicken and artichoke pizza. It was ok, but nothing to right home about.

I don't have pictures of our desserts, but I'm sure we had some. :)

And from our trip in 2012...

Appetizers...

Disneyworld2012910.jpg

Clams Oregganata. This no longer appears on the menu, and I can't say I blame them. It was basically clams cooked with butter and herbs, served over a piece of Italian bread. The clams were good, but the bread was soooo saturated in butter it was really inedible.

Disneyworld2012912.jpg

And a Caesar salad. Pretty hard to screw up, but it was tasty!

We also got a pitcher of white sangria...

Disneyworld2012916.jpg

It was light, crisp and refreshing! Delicious!

For entrees...

Disneyworld2012921.jpg

Grilled Chicken Flatbread - with house-made ricotta cheese, spinach oil, and sweet onion relish $13.99

and

Disneyworld2012920.jpg

This was a mushroom flatbread, but not the one on their current menu. It was excellent, but I am really looking forward to trying the new one!

For dessert we had...

Disneyworld2012929.jpg

This was a pound cake with fresh berries, and it was wonderful! The pound cake was light and buttery, and the berries were fresh and tasty!

Disneyworld2012932.jpg

And some gelato. I believe it was pistachio, vanilla and chocolate. This was also light and refreshing.

For this trip, I either want to try their calamari or a Caesar salad for an appetizer.

For an entrée, I am set on the

Wild Mushroom Flatbread - roasted cremini and button mushrooms with a garlic-shallot spread and finished with balsamic reduction $12.99

This sounds incredible!

I don't see any desserts on the online menus, so they will have to be a surprise!

The flatbreads look amazing. I have yet to try MM but it's on my Disney dining bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello Everyone!

I am terribly sorry for the very long delay between posts! This past month has been terribly busy! I made the big move from Charlotte back to Wisconsin on Dec. 21st, and then made the un-wise decision to host my family for the holidays on the 24th and 25th. There was a blizzard thrown into the mix too, so needless to say, I was kept very busy.

Now that I am back into the swing of things here, I am eager to get back on track with my reports! It's currently 21 degrees out, so what better way to beat the winter blues here than to write about heading to Disney?

Now, on with our regularly scheduled programming!

On Day 4, we are spending the day at Hollywood Studios, complete with a lunch reservation at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic! package. Following Fantasmic! we are headed over to the Boardwalk for dinner at...

DSC09878.jpg

Flying Fish!

I kicked off my 2012 trip with dinner at Flying Fish and it was a good meal. It wasn't the best meal we had, but we had incredible service and there are a few things I am eager to try on my next visit.

First, a look back at last time...

We arrived in Florida on March 2nd, to record setting highs. It was over 90 that day!

I started with the blood orange margarita.

Disneyworld2012117_zps2d5432d5.jpg

This was the perfect combination of sweet and tart, with a heavy dose of tequila. This was super refreshing, and went down way too easy on such a hot day!

For starters we went with...

Disneyworld2012119_zps6cde1c22.jpg

Yellowfin Tuna Tartare and Crispy Tepura Tuna-Vegetable Sushi Roll - Hijiki and Wakame Seaweed, Yuzu Tobiko, and Wasabi Foam with a sweet and spicy sauce - $18.00

This just wasn't for me. The tartare was light and refreshing, but could have benefits from some more acid. The tuna roll was served piping hot, but as a result, the tuna in the center was cooked all the way through. The combination of well done tuna with the tartare was a little odd. For someone that was looking for a nice introduction to sushi, this is a great choice though!

We also had...

Disneyworld2012120_zpsdbaa10d1.jpg

Fresh Mozzarella di Bufala - Yellow Beefsteak Ugli ripe and tiny santa sweet tomatoes. balsamic Glaze, Exotic peppercorns and petite basil - $15.00

I hate tomatoes, but my travel partner this last trip loved them. If there was a tomato/mozzarella combination on the menu, consider it ordered. This earned the title of the best one on the trip and was quickly devoured.

For main courses we went with...

Disneyworld2012121_zps7e6ef6b7.jpg

Idaho Potato-wrapped Red Snapper - over a Rich Leek Fondue with a Veal Glace de Viande and Red Wine-Cassis Butter Reduction - $36.00

I thought I had made a solid choice with the restaurant's signature dish. Unfortunately, it might have been an off night in the kitchen. The fish was cooked perfectly and I loved the use of thinly sliced potato crust instead of a heavy battered fish. However, my leek fondue was severely undercooked and lacked any of the creamy or cheesy goodness one thinks of when they hear 'fondue.' I also felt that the red wine reduction completely over powered the fish.

We also had this.

Disneyworld2012123_zps9f1791c4.jpg

This was chicken with laughing bird shrimp and this dish was the clear winner. Everything was wonderfully seasoned and delicious.

Dessert was up next! I had originally planned on ordering the Concession Sweets, but our waiter talked me into something new on the menu at the time. The star of the meal was...

Disneyworld2012125_zps3d1222db.jpg

Peanut Butter and Jelly crème brulee. It had a nice layer of grape jelly on the bottom, with a thick, rich, peanut butter custard on top. This was SO good!

We also ordered this,

Disneyworld2012124_zpsc93e7b7d.jpg

Which I will just refer to as the "Chocolate Thing" because I can't find it on any online menus any more. This was rich and delicious, but too much on a hot day!

Overall, dessert and my cocktail were the star of the show here. But we had wonderful and attentive service, even though there was a large wedding reception also taking place in the restaurant. The service made up for the lack-luster food and I am eager to go back and try some new things.

For appetizers, I have my eyes on either,

Chardonnay-steamed Cape Code Bay " Mussels - Fennel, Chiles, Pesto Crema, and Ciabatta Crostini $18.00

or

Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake - Savory Vegetable Slaw, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, and Ancho Chile Rémoulade $17.00.

For entree's I'm looking into either,

Our Chef's Special Thunder Fish Entree: Pan Roasted Miso-glazed Icelandic Cod - sesame-scented wilted greens, crisp Asian vegetables, wok-seared cultivated mushrooms, with a white soy, Kaffir lime and waasabi tobiko butter emulsion $34.00

or

Strozzapreti Pasta di Abruzzo - Laughing bird shrimp, confit artichokes, fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, local basil and pecorino roscana $28.00;

For dessert, I'm really looking forward to trying either the

Trio of Concession Sweets - Out on the Boardwalk - Popcorn Mousse and Caramel Corn, Cherry-limeade popsicle, S'Mores Whoopie pie lollipop $9.00

or

Florida Tequila key lime Margarita Pie - Bruuleed Meringue, strawberry and key lime sauces - $8.00

The flatbreads look amazing. I have yet to try MM but it's on my Disney dining bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's worth a shot! I know some people have nothing but bad things to say about the place, but we've always had good luck there!

We have pre-park opening breakfast reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table. We skipped this place on my last trip, so I'm looking forward to heading back this time around, and trying out some of the new menu additions, even though they aren't that new anymore!

Last time, we started with...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2137.jpg

I ate the chocolate croissants, because I can't resist them. Other than that there wasn't anything special to be seen here.

We both went with...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2662.jpg

The stuffed French toast. This was soooooooooooo good! It was piping hot, crispy and sweet.

This time around, I notice that this is no longer an all you care to eat experience, which is a bummer because I had planned on trying both the

Caramel Apple Stuffed French Toast - decadent French toast stuffed with sweet cream cheese, baked with caramel apples and drizzled with Calvados caramel sauce.

and the

Lobster and Crab Crepes - warm cheese-filled crepes topped with spinach, sautéed lobster, and blue crab meat with a poached egg perched on top and draped in Hollandaise sauce

I guess I will have to make this a game day decision!

For lunch we are trying a brand new restaurant for me! Mostly because it didn't exist the last time I was there. That's right folks, we're of to...

BeOurGuest_zpse8690073.jpg

We decided on a lunch reservation after I failed to secure a dinner reservation here for any night of our trip. This ended up being ok, since I think I prefer the lunch offerings here to the dinner offerings.

I am looking forward to trying out the

Vegetable Quiche - mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and chive quiche; served with baby lettuce coated with Champagne vinaigrette $8.99

or the

Tuna Nicoise Salad - warm seared tuna steak with chilled green beans, potatoes, olives, roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, and hard boiled eggs $13.49

For dessert, I only have eyes for

Lemon Meringue Cupcake - Vanilla sponge cake, lemon custard filling, flamed merinque icing and crunch.

If I'm feeling particularly hungry, I might also try the...

Potato Leek Soup $4.79.

We were lucky enough to secure a FP+ reservation here for 1:20!

I'm so glad that you previewed the FF dinner since that will be a new place for me during our April trip. If they still have PB&J crème brulee I would be tempted to try that. (I doubt they'll have it still but one could hope.)

I'm not a huge fish fan so that meal will be interesting.

As for CTR, I've only had the newer version of the stuffed French toast (including the caramel apple) which was very good. I love dining there before park open. Who wouldn't want to dine in the castle to start your day! :)

I'm definitely going to have to try lunch at BoG next time since our last couple of dinners were not so stellar. However, that's completely my fault since I've only ordered the appetizers and have yet to try the entrees. Those cupcakes though.... that's another story. Yum! :thumbsup2

Do you have two dining threads going simultaneously? I thought I was reading another one yesterday and got distracted and didn't post a response. Or I could have just been up too late and am seeing things. :rolleyes:

You've tried so many places that you have a great perspective on Disney dining!

I'm so glad that you previewed the FF dinner since that will be a new place for me during our April trip. If they still have PB&J crème brulee I would be tempted to try that. (I doubt they'll have it still but one could hope.)

I'm not a huge fish fan so that meal will be interesting.

As for CTR, I've only had the newer version of the stuffed French toast (including the caramel apple) which was very good. I love dining there before park open. Who wouldn't want to dine in the castle to start your day! :)

I'm definitely going to have to try lunch at BoG next time since our last couple of dinners were not so stellar. However, that's completely my fault since I've only ordered the appetizers and have yet to try the entrees. Those cupcakes though.... that's another story. Yum! :thumbsup2

Do you have two dining threads going simultaneously? I thought I was reading another one yesterday and got distracted and didn't post a response. Or I could have just been up too late and am seeing things. :rolleyes:

You've tried so many places that you have a great perspective on Disney dining!

I just have the one pre-dining review going and my PTR right now. It's about all I can manage to juggle right now!

Glad to hear the cupcakes are awesome! I can't get enough cupcakes in general, but Disney cupcakes, well they're the best!

Earlier on I wrote that Tony's was the ADR I was fearing the most. Well, that may now be changed to the next restaurant on our rotation.

I have been Pescetarian for almost a year now. Megan was very much a carnivore. Well, over the holidays her and I were talking about how much better I have felt since I have switched, and low and behold, Megan decided to stop eating red meat and poultry as well.

So now comes our dilemma. We were booked at Ohana. Partly because Megan used to REALLY enjoy meat, and partly because I am obsessed with their bread pudding.

I posted on the restaurant board and most people seemed to feel that we would really be wasting an ADR. However, the issue of what we would replace that ADR with was equally perplexing.

In the end, I decided to leave it. Since we are on the dining plan, the cost of the meal truly isn't an issue for us. I have read reviews that many individuals have had fantastic vegetarian meals prepared for them here, although we are not counting on that.

Worst case scenario, we make an entire meal out of bread pudding. I'm not complaining...

We don't have any "official" breakfast plans on this day as I was leaving it open as a free space to potentially do a tour at Animal Kingdom. We decided to forego the tour this time around, so it gives us a great opportunity to enjoy breakfast right at our own resort.

Several things sound appealing to me here...

The smoothies all sound great, and would be a nice use of a snack credit. There's also the

Challah French Toast - with fresh fruit topping $5.59

or

Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich - Naan bread, cauliflower, spinach and paneer cheese $4.99

or

Chocolate Chip Pancakes - with fresh fruit topping and choice of bacon or sausage $7.99

So sorry for all of the pictureless updates. I had pictures from Ohana, but they are missing on my photobucket account!

For lunch, we are going to a tried and true favorite of mine. I have eaten there on every trip, and its always been a solid choice for us.

Yak and Yeti offers some amazing options, and while I have always enjoyed the meat offerings there, I am really intrigued and excited about the fish and vegetarian options they have as well. But first, a look back at our most recent meal here...

Disneyworld2012596.jpg

Seared Ahi Tuna - chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw $11.99

This is outstanding! Its chilled beautifully and the wasabi aioli offers the perfect complement of heat. The chili slaw is flavorful enough on its own, but adds a nice contrast to the tuna.

Disneyworld2012597.jpg

Pork Egg Rolls - chili plum dipping sauce $8.99

I really really REALLY wish they would offer these vegetarian, because these were AWESOME. Piping hot, crunchy, but not too much and the chili plum sauce is delicious!

For entrees we went with...

Disneyworld2012598.jpg

Kobe Beef Burger - 10 oz grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy sauce, mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries. topped with choice of shiitake mushroom & scallion compote or Asian slaw $18.99

I chose to get this with the Asian slaw. There was a lot happening here, but so good. The only complaint I had is that they didn't drain the burger well enough and by the time it got to me, the bottom of the bun was so soggy that it was completely inedible, which was a shame.

Disneyworld2012599.jpg

Crispy Honey Chicken - tempura chicken, broccoli, carrots, honey sauce $18.99

For dessert I chose to forego the tried and true fried wontons and tried this instead...

Disneyworld2012600.jpg

Mango Pie - shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream, raspberry sauce $6.99

I don't know what I was thinking. I don't even like mangoes. Those that like mangoes will probably love this, as the texture of the pie was really nice. I ended up scraping out all the filling and just eating the shell, which was delicious.

We also had...

Disneyworld2012603.jpg

New York Cheesecake - New York cheesecake, mango and strawberry coulis, and fresh whipped cream $6.99

This was simple, yet delicious. Exactly what you would expect from a NY cheesecake.

Overall, our meal here was wonderful, and service has always been great. I'm set on the tuna appetizer again, as it is one of my favorites.

For entrees, the choices are endless, I'm not sure how I will decide! Right now, I have it narrowed down (ha!) to...

Ahi Tuna Salad - chilled, seared blackened Ahi tuna, mixed greens, wasabi aioli, wonton chips, and ginger dressing $19.99

Vegetable Lo Mein - lo Mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions, bean sprouts $17.99; add tofu $3

Seared Miso Salmon - miso glazed Atlantic salmon, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry $24.99

Crispy Mahi Mahi - filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables $24.99

And for dessert, I won't stray from the tried and true wontons!

This next one is by far the ADR I am MOST looking forward to!

I have also dined her on each of my trips, and while our service has never "wowed" me, in fact, on one trip, the server was downright horrid, the excellent food has kept me coming back.

I have done my best to ignore the recent rash of negative reviews, in hopes that our experience will be different. Come on, California Grill! Don't let me down!

So first, a trip down memory lane. Back on my first trip in 2010, we had all the makings for a fantastic meal, except for the service. It all started off wonderfully enough, we were lead to a window-side table, decorated with confetti for our celebration. I ordered the Selbach-Oster, which was divine (I like sweet white wines!) and we were sitted exactly one hour before Wishes was to begin. Everything was perfect.

And then I ordered this...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2485.jpg

This was Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi platter. For any sushi lover, this will put you in heaven. Everything was so fresh, so tasty, so beautifully presented.

Except for that octopus. I have tried octopus on several occasions, prepared several ways. I have learned that it simply isn't for me. As in, there is no way I will ever knowingly eat it again.

After already consuming the Spicy Kazan roll as my appetizer, I managed to finish every. last. morsel. of this, except for that little pat of octopus nigiri. Our server returned and I was ready for her to take the plate. She innocently asked if I was going to finish everything, to which I replied I was not as I really didn't care for octopus. After a full 5 minute conversation about how I really should try it, no no, I insist, blah blah, my partner finally said "Can you please just take her plate away now?" But before she did, she said "You know, it's really insulting to the chef if you don't finish this."

The entire interaction was just really bizarre. I honestly felt like I was back at my parents dinner table, being told I needed to have a "no thank you bite" before I could be excused.

Most recently, our food was again incredible, but the service was just sort of ho-hum. Here is a look at what we had last time...

I had planned to order the Spicy Kazan roll, but a new flatbread at the time caught my eye...

Disneyworld2012609.jpg

Its no longer on the menu, but it was sopressata salami, arugula, balsamic reduction and a few other things. It was really delicious, but a very large portion for one, and really kind of hard to manage when you are wearing nice clothes. I tried with a fork and knife, to no avail, so ended up with black dust on my fingers from the wood burning oven.

Someone else had a better idea, and ordered this...

Disneyworld2012610.jpg

Spicy Kazan Roll - crab, shrimp, scallops, tuna and fireball sauce $26

For an entree, I went with...

Disneyworld2012661.jpg

Dragon Roll - Spicy and Tataki tuna with shrimp tempura, bell pepper, avocado, and chili soy glaze $29

This was SO SO SO good and beautifully presented. They were kind enough to hold our entrees until after Wishes was over, and this was presented promptly afterwards.

We also had...
Disneyworld2012662.jpg

Oak-fired Filet of Beef - Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Marinted Baby Vine Tomatoes, Petite Basil, Tomato Butter $49

No complaints from anyone on this either.

For dessert...I had the seasonal dessert which was very nearly my favorite of the trip.

Disneyworld2012665.jpg

It was a chocolate bread pudding. Do not be fooled by its small appearance. It was rich, decadent, cream and buttery. I was in awe. I really wish they still offered this, because it was divine!

We also had the

Disneyworld2012666.jpg

Cookie Sampler. This was also equally deliciuos, but not quite as rich as mine had been.

I'm really looking forward to a return trip here. We have a 7:20 ADR with Wishes at 8. The plan is to arrive a little before 7 and enjoy some cocktails at the bar while waiting for our table. I'm all about the sushi on this visit and plan to get the Spicy Kazan as an appetizer and the Dragon roll for an entree. For dessert, I have never met a lemon dessert I didn't love, and will be set on the

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake - Meyer Lemon-Mascarpone Cheesecake, Ctirus Cookie, and Charred Meringue Clouds $12.00

Here is to the power of positive thinking, knowing we will still have great food (at least) on our return trip!

Our 7th day is a "Free" day, since we only have 10 day park tickets and are there for 12 days. We're going to take advantage of this and check out an "off the beaten path" breakfast spot that I have been dying to try, but it has always eluded me when we have had to rely on bus transportation.

So, a little after 9 (that's late for us!) we are headed off to...

Olivias_zps224554b4.jpg

Olivia's!

There are a few menu items I have been dying to try here...

Conch Republic Omelet - with shrimp, avocado, and Pepper Jack Cheese $13.99

Banana Bread French Toast - topped with Bahamian Banana Rum Butter Sauce, Coconut cream, and your choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Ham $11.99

Crab Cake Eggs Benedict - Two Poached Eggs with two crab cakes on an English Muffin with Key Lime Hollandaise and breakfast potatoes $13.99

I really have never met an Eggs Benedict I didn't like, so I will likely have a hard time resisting that. I have read a few so-so reviews on Olivia's lately, so I'm hoping they pull through for us.

Our next restaurant was one of my favorites from my first trip, but it just didn't work out for us last time. I'm really excited to head back there!

We are headed back to Raglan Road after we drop off our rental car for the trip. We decided to do a 7 day vs. a 12 because it saved us almost $400.

Alllllll the way back in 2010, Raglan Road was our kickoff ADR and boy did it ever set the bar high for the rest of our trip!

I started with this...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2124.jpg

It was called the Kinky Crab and it was out of this world good. It was served piping hot and crispy, not greasy at all and was loaded with crab meat. The dipping sauce was slightly sweet and spicy and was the perfect pairing for this!

We also had...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2125.jpg

Heritage Tomato Salad - Heirloom tomato and rocket salad, with shallots, parmesan crisps and balsamic reduction $12

It was quickly devoured. I detest tomatoes, so I cannot personally vouch for it's deliciousness.

I went with...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2127.jpg

It's Not Bleedin' Chowder! - Freshest cuts of seafood and potatoes in a white wine infused cream broth. $26

The white wine broth in this was heavenly. Super light with just the right amount of flavor to not overpower the seafood. I scraped the bowl.

We also had...

DisneyworldAugust2010-2126.jpg

Mighty Mixed Grill - lamb chop, Guinness banger, sirloin steak, black pudding, chicken drumstick and bacon. $29

Everything was delicious, with the exception of the black pudding which was quickly dubbed an "acquired taste" that we had not yet acquired.

For dessert I went with

Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding - Like no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us $8.50

It was also delicious and a massive portion. Don't let the cup fool you! If you empty it out it's an entire plates worth!

-*-*-*-*-

For this trip I am looking forward to trying either the

Salmon Swoon - Choice Irish smoked salmon served with capers, shallots and créme fraiche $13

or

Kiss Before Shrimp - pan seared shrimp in a garlic and chili lemon butter sauce with sliced baguette. $13

For entrees I have my eye on a few things. Either the

Fish and Chips - Our famous beer battered fish & chips served with our fresh tartar sauce. (tip-sprinkle some vinegar on both -- tasty!) $18

or

Portobello Beauty - our version of a veggie sandwich: grilled Portobello mushroom and zucchini with Dubliner cheese and tomato chutney $15

or

Salmon of Knowledge - Baked Atlantic salmon filet topped with smoked salmon, served with a maple glaze $25

Desert no doubt, will again be the heavenly bread pudding!

One of our favorite restaurants from last trip was Kona. So good, in fact, that we have TWO ADRs planned here for this trip. You already heard about our lunch plans, but dinner has me the most excited. Mainly because I've been dying to try some of their sushi offerings!

For an appetizer I'm looking forward to trying either the

Lump Crab Cakes - with jalapeno-lime cream $12.49

or, preferrably, one of the sushi offerings. I have my eyes on several items...

Volcano Roll - spicy tuna seafood with tempura crunch $14.99

or

Citrus Hamachi Roll - citrus marinated yellow tail in tempura crunch $12.99

or

Lava Roll - Togarashi spiced tempura shrimp, bay scallops, spicy mayo and chives $14.99

or

Caterpillar Roll - inside out tuna roll, shrimp salad, tempura crunch topped with a layer of avocado $12.99

or

Crab Rangoon - crab salad rolled in Nori, tempura fried and served with won tons and eel sauce $11.99

oy vey...how will we EVER decide?

This meal is one I'm fairly confident that we will end up ordering a few items off the dining plan as well, because I just don't see how we will be able to decide!

Dessert really doesn't thrill me here, so we will have to wait and see what ends up happening.

Sorry for the flurry of updates everyone. I am definitely trying to get as much of this done before we leave for Milwaukee on FRIDAY! I can't believe it's finally here!

For breakfast on Day 8 we are headed to another tried and true favorite, Kouzzina. I love this place for a few reasons. One, its almost always deserted at 7:30. The food it consistent and delicious and they offer unique offerings.

We mainly go here for this...

Disneyworld20121002.jpg

Stacked Kouzzina Breakfast - Two Poached Eggs, Kalamata Olive Toast, Artichoke Spread, and Sweet Potato Hash with choice of Bacon or Chicken Sausage $12.49

One of my favorite breakfasts in all of Disney! Really looking forward to having this again.

Kouzzina definitely wins in my book for short, sweet and consistent. I love coming here!

So usually I'm not a huge fan of having multiple ADRs for the same restaurant in the same trip. This trip, we will be dining at two restaurants twice. The first is Kona, which you read about earlier. The second makes me a little more nervous, as we have never eaten there before!

With three days planned at Hollywood Studios, it was a necessity for us to eat outside of the park for at least one ADR. So, for lunch today, its off to the Yacht Club for lunch at...

CaptainsGrille_zps12ca61cc.jpg

We are having breakfast here a few days earlier, and I'm really looking forward to trying lunch here as well. Some of the menu highlights include...

Lump Crab Cake - fire-roasted corn succotash and lemon emulsion $14.49

and

Hand-cut Salt and Vinegar Fries - roasted shallot mayonnaise $4.19

for appetizers and...

Market Fish Sandwich - seasonal accompaniments Market Price

and

New England Style Lobster Roll - served chilled on butter-toasted rolls with a choice of Vegetable Orzo Salad or fries $17.99

Everything sounds good for dessert! Especially the

S'mores Tart - with graham cracker crust and chocolate sauce $4.99

Angel Food Cake - seasonal fruit compote $5.49

Braeburn Apple Buckle - with toasted almond streusel and yogurt gelato $7.49
Bananas Foster Cheesecake with candied walnut tuile and rum-caramel sauce $7.49

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter