1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Planning for a planning meeting

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by la79al, Jan 13, 2013.

1. la79al

la79al DIS Veteran

Less than 7 weeks until our trip. It will be my 2 girls and I, my mom, sis, brother and his girfriend so really, 4 little groups. We are having a 'planning meeting' in a few weeks and I am trying to come up with points we need to touch on. Ideas?

2. chris31997

chris31997 Disney Kid at Heart

I guess the biggest would be expectations of time together, are you gonna split up for parks/rides/meals, go back in the afternoon, be there for rope drop, stay till the park closes. Spending money, souviners, etc.....

I am sure someone will come up with some more.

3. rizzo0904

rizzo0904 Mouseketeer

I want to follow along. We are going in September with my inlaws. We'll need to sit down together beforehand and come up with ground rules. Just need to find a way to be tactful about not wanting to spend every minute together :rotfl2:

My inlaws do NOT travel like us at all. I'm actually surprised they are okay with the AoA resort. I think they just want as much time as possible with the boys. I've warned her it's a value with no real sit down restaurant. I've warned her of the September heat and humidity. So there best be no bit$hing!

My plan is to lay out my itinerary and tell them to join us when/where they want to. We all have cell phones so it's easy to meet up. Since my boys are 2 and 4, we need to be there at rope drop. The early part of the day is the best for us. We will NOT stay for any fireworks or nighttime events. They implode at 730 if they aren't in pjs. But I want the inlaws to understand they can sleep in and meet us at ten, they can stay until park close, we don't care!

I also need to set dining expectations. I'm not doing higher end dining with two hot and cranky kids. They can make ADRs and enjoy a meal without us....it's okay!

4. 5stljayhawks

5stljayhawks Rock Chawk Jayhawk

Rizzo. Try a power nap w the kids dinner at the resort then head over for fireworks..... it does amazing for late nights.

As for planning. Make it clear everybody runs their own itineraries. Maybe an 1 or 2 days hang. But everybody is free. The only real challenge is for set table service reservations. One party is at epcot another at ak and another at mk. See the logistical challenge.