Planning for a DIS newbie. . . need ideas please

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by tink.belle13, Feb 27, 2012.

1. tink.belle13

tink.belle13 Disney Obsessive Compulsive

Ok my darling DISboarders I am at a loss. I have a first-timer that really wants the FULL Disney experience. I need suggestions, we are looking to travel in October, it will be an all adults trip. Food, Parks, Attractions and anything else you can think of. He is not against character meals or anything that is considered touristy or childish.

Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen. :)

2. ZephyrHawk

ZephyrHawk Used to have amusing tags

That kind of depends upon what you consider the "full Disney experience".

Definitely do at least one character meal, and try to do at least one other of the Dsney "specialty" meals (like 50's Prime Time or Whispering Canyon). Since you're going in fall, you've probably already given consideration to the food and wine festival. Also, the MNSSHP. It's fun for adults too. I would probably schedule at least one day for going to the waterparks and/or mini-golfing.

3. Swissdog2010

Swissdog2010 DIS Veteran

Well the full Disney park experience requires winding up exhausted, possibly heat stroked and broke by the end of the trip so lets start there. J/K. I would say plan on all four parks, at least one full day for each. Make sure you hit the well know highlights for each park but also ask DISboarders for some of their favorite lesser known spots. MK and Epcot fireworks are a must. Character meals are great, but make sure the newbie is willing to interact with them or it's a lost opportunity. That's a big thing. Try to assure him that he shouldn't be a passive observer. Interact as much as possible, even if it means just saying high or chatting with CMs and other quests. Buy him some ears, even if he doesn't wear them in the park. Some judicious suvenier (sp) shopping as well. A few well chosen items to serve as reminders after the trip is over is a part of the experience as well, but don't go overboard, then it just becomes clutter. At least one trip on the monorail and the ferry to MK would be good too.

4. tink.belle13

tink.belle13 Disney Obsessive Compulsive

ZephyrHawk - I have been to Disney 26 times and only do certain things when we go. We skip certain rides and don't do some shows.

So what I mean is what are everyone else's MUST DO attractions, what you make sure your friends do when they ask your opinion. He wants to see and do it all. He wants to go home knowing there is very little he didn't do.

Swissdog2010 - He wants to do everything. He already decided we are doing MNSSHP and has picked out our costumes lol. We were thinking Crystal Palace and Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and maybe breakfast with the Princesses in Norway. Maybe a nice "adult" dinner at Citricos.
    We have discussed Food and Wine and that's a fun way to see the World Showcase in my opinion at least.

Thank you both for your suggestions they are much appreciated. princess: