Planning for 2016

We're going back between July-Nov. of 2016! Hoping to stay in an accessible room at either Contemporary, Poly, or Beach Club! Eager to read along as you all make your trip plans! :goodvibes

We're planning on going back in Mid December 2016. Always wanted to see Disney World in all it's Christmas glory. WL would be my choice, DH wants to stay at the Poly. It's a good thing we have a year and half to decide. :)

We are in for 2016 too! Feb or June... Haven't decided, but Way Excited. I haven't been since 2005, and my stepdaughters never have!

We are planning on January or February. Anyone know what the crowds are like in the first week/weekend of February? Are the hotel room rates higher and parks busier on the weekend?

I've been mid January and late February. Mid January used to always be pretty slow except for around the marathon weekend. Late February was horrible this year. The place was packed. Hour waits for Pirates and Haunted Mansion... I even had to wait 30 minutes to get a margarita from La Cava. But ya know... it was totally fine. I was in Disney. :)

I don't really know offhand how the rates compare throughout the year since I primarily only go around that time so I don't have much comparison.

I've been mid January and late February. Mid January used to always be pretty slow except for around the marathon weekend. Late February was horrible this year. The place was packed. Hour waits for Pirates and Haunted Mansion... I even had to wait 30 minutes to get a margarita from La Cava. But ya know... it was totally fine. I was in Disney. :)

I don't really know offhand how the rates compare throughout the year since I primarily only go around that time so I don't have much comparison.
Thanks! This past January i went the week in between the marathon and MLK and only 1 of my park days was crowded. So it wasn't bad at all.

For those that are planning 2016 WDW dates do you have a room only reservation or do you wait for a package deal? :-)

From everything I've read (hopefully not wrong on this!) we can add a package later to a room only reservation. We're making our room only reservation on the 3rd or 4th of this month...I can't wait!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

That is our plan too. We've decided on June, now to settle on dates :). Hubs BornDay is the 13th, so I'm leaning on making it a BigBirthdayDeal pixiedust:

So we changed up our split stay for April next year. We have room only reservations and we'll be upgrading one of them to the package to include our tickets... but my husband decided we should splurge this year and we're spending the first weekend at the Poly, then staying at Yacht Club during the week, and then ending at Animal Kingdom Lodge!! But I'm kind of freaking out over all of this moving...

Does anyone have any experience with doing a split stay but having your tickets linked to just the first part of your stay? I know we're going to receive a ton of magic bands now... so I'm just worried one or some won't be activated properly.

I'm so happy to see a thread for 2016! We are planning Sept 2016 CBR or CSR. I'm anxious to get back...and seeing that Free Dining was released for 2015 is KILLING me! Honestly, I don't want to take two kids in diapers lol or else I'd jump on it!

Cant wait to read about everyone's plans and get the clock moving a little faster!

Joining in! Going in December be debating (w/ myself since hubby doesn't like planning at all) whether we should go the first week or the second week of December. It'll be our first trip with DS and he will be two and a half then . We're most likely going to stay 3 nights at Universal and move to Disney for 7 or 8 nights. Deciding between Poly or CR since I think we would be at MK most of the time. Can't wait!!!

Joining in! Going in December be debating (w/ myself since hubby doesn't like planning at all) whether we should go the first week or the second week of December. It'll be our first trip with DS and he will be two and a half then .
Hi Candy! So happy to hear about your trip ideas. In 2011 we went and stayed a week and the crowd levels were fairly low except for some large youth groups. It was too chilly to swim, and a bit brisk in the evenings, but warm enough during the days.
Deciding between Poly or CR since I think we would be at MK most of the time. Can't wait!!!
We're staying at the Poly July of 2016, and CR is on our eventual list. Maybe others have better advice for you. Happy planning! :D

Watching the ticker count down each day is a great comfort, getting the dates reserved really was the step I had to take to feel like a 2016 trip was real!

Thanks @Glittercat! Planning on Dec 3-14 now! :) happy planning to you too! Waiting for the 2016 rates to come out... Feels like forever!
Not too early to begin a Pre trip report! :D p.s. let me know if you start one, and I'll come follow. *smile* We really liked Disney in Dec. and after our July (my birthday) 2016 trip will be going back in Jan. of 2018 for my daughter's 17th birthday! :D

We leave in 16 days for our Disney trip and I am already thinking ahead to 2016. I want to go for my 40th birthday which is Dec 1 but I figured we could go Thanksgiving week since my kids have the entire week off of school. My husband isn't 100% on board yet but it's my birthday right?!?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter