Planning Day Trip to Gulf Coast - Any tips or advice or recent experience?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Triple Trouble, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Triple Trouble

Triple Trouble Sleep is Overrated

During our Disney vacation we are planning a day trip to the Gulf Coast in Nov/Dec with 10 people including 5 year olds through Seniors. What tips or advice do you have for good beaches (clean restrooms a must), shops or restaurants, events or activities in the area?

I looked at both coasts, and although the Atlantic is closer and the wave action great for some (hubby), it would not be as attractive as warmer water and a shallow beach with no undertow issues.

Anna Maria island looked very attractive, but I don't know if there are good restroom facilities, some places to get reasonably priced but decent food, parking available...etc. etc.

Thanks in advance,

Susan

2. two*little*birds

two*little*birds <font color=green>LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Check out Siesta Key... OMG that beach is to die for! :goodvibes

We'll be there in a few weeks, can't wait to go back! :beach:

3. Art 1

Art 1 DIS Veteran

Yes, Siesta Key is nice. You may enjoy St. Armands Circle for shopping and eating in the Sarasota area as well. There is a beach right close with public areas. Colombia Restaurant is a good place to eat. There is also a very good Italian place on the south end of the circle. Very nice cloths and jewelry stores.