Planning Binder/book pics?

jacobwill62009

Earning My Ears
So I am soooo obsessed with all the planning and researching and reading...it never ends. I am now just over three weeks until we leave for the big drive from Madison, WI to WDW!!! I am soooo excited and we are not telling our boys (5 and 2 1/2) where we are going. I am going to put it all the info/sheets/plans/ADR together in one book/binder. I love looking at how you all do it and your planning book/binder creations. So if any of you have any pics that you are willing to share on how you put it all together I would LOVE to see them. I have all the info, now just have to put it together. I think it will also make a nice keepsake.
Thanks!!!

I don't have any pictures of my book, but I just print a cover/title page with our names and the vacation date onto 8.5x11 cardstock and decorate it with Disney stickers, an old Disney postcard, or one of our old vacation pictures. I get a matching piece of cardstock for the back cover.

For the insides, I make one page for each day. I list relevant schedule items, with mandatory things (like flight times and ADRs) in red and the rest in black. I downloaded a Disney font (Waltograph?) form dafont.com to use. So basically, I end up with a page for each day that lists everything going on in chronological order. I also use wdwinfo.com to look up EMH and parade/firework schedules. I find they are *mostly* accurate, but are subject to change, so I double check them against the website before we leave and also check them against the time schedules when we get there. Another thing, I put the confirmation numbers in this book. I decorate the empty space on the page with inserted pictures from previous trips. If I have time, I try to dig out ones relevant to the things we'd likely be doing on that day. Anyway this whole thing gets stapled together into a handy booklet. I keep the booklets after the trips and can look back and see the things we did. I guess you could also set it up like a journal and write about each day, too.

Now, beyond that, I get a multi-pocket hard plastic folder at a craft store. The booklet goes in the front, but I also have pockets for things like airport parking directions and coupons, any confirmation paperwork I might have (from Disney Travel Co., etc.), boarding passes, addresses and postcard stamps, phone numbers of local Orlando friends, and misc. papers I want to make sure I bring.

I have to have my DH upload my pictures of my vacation book from last summer. I went all out and it came out sooo good. I'll post them tomorrow.

I have to have my DH upload my pictures of my vacation book from last summer. I went all out and it came out sooo good. I'll post them tomorrow.

I look forward to seeing them and thank you!!! I can't wait to put this all together and did not realize how much fun the planning would be. Our first trip last year was kind of last minute and short...I did not even know about the DISboards...can you imagine?!! :)

I did not forget about posting my pictures...we were gone all day today...hopefully tomorrow if we get back from Mother's Day Dinner early enough..if not Monday ! I wish I could figure it out by myself, but I don't know where he put last year's pictures on the computer :confused3

Ok...here are some pictures of my planning binder/organizer that held all my trip info. My first trip I used a tiny spiral notebook...then by my 3rd trip I upgraded to this little obsession. I really enjoyed doing this, but it was alot of work. I like that it's like a little scrapbook of all the info from that trip.
I also had pages for each of the parks with maps and rides/character/things to see and do. The other side of the itinerary page I made a pocket that held all of my daily touring plans and what to do on each day. The park info page had the opening/closing times, parade times, what characters are where and what times they are out, etc.
4597501970_c847e58a55.jpg

4597502384_3ba12b4961.jpg

4596887991_a5247cae9d.jpg

4596888253_c34a99b467.jpg

4597503038_8a7ae14ded.jpg

4597503258_613a16fdba.jpg

4596888877_70a92b472c.jpg

4596889127_bd535fa280.jpg

4597503954_9215ab971f.jpg

Ok...here are some pictures of my planning binder/organizer that held all my trip info. My first trip I used a tiny spiral notebook...then by my 3rd trip I upgraded to this little obsession. I really enjoyed doing this, but it was alot of work. I like that it's like a little scrapbook of all the info from that trip.
I also had pages for each of the parks with maps and rides/character/things to see and do. The other side of the itinerary page I made a pocket that held all of my daily touring plans and what to do on each day. The park info page had the opening/closing times, parade times, what characters are where and what times they are out, etc.
4597501970_c847e58a55.jpg

4597502384_3ba12b4961.jpg

4596887991_a5247cae9d.jpg

4596888253_c34a99b467.jpg

4597503038_8a7ae14ded.jpg

4597503258_613a16fdba.jpg

4596888877_70a92b472c.jpg

4596889127_bd535fa280.jpg

4597503954_9215ab971f.jpg

WOW!!! Such great talent! Thanks for the:idea:

Thanks we_love _WDW, great book and Ideas:cool1:. Oh I got to so try this my DS will thought I flip my lid:rotfl2:, but oh well It looks like so much fun!!. just a question?, did you carry this around to the parks with you?, or amde a smaller one to carry?.:goodvibes

Thanks we_love _WDW, great book and Ideas:cool1:. Oh I got to so try this my DS will thought I flip my lid:rotfl2:, but oh well It looks like so much fun!!. just a question?, did you carry this around to the parks with you?, or amde a smaller one to carry?.:goodvibes

No I did not carry this around with me - I had daily pages that I pulled from my itineraries pocket that i brought with to the parks.

Here are some photos of my planner:

000_0048.jpg
000_0046.jpg
000_0047.jpg

000_0050.jpg
000_0045.jpg
000_0044.jpg

000_0051.jpg
000_0052.jpg

I bought the binder at Wamart, it is 5.5x8.5 in size. About the same size as a Passporter.

Happy planning!

Awesome job on your vacation journal/scrapbook WeLoveDisney!

And Mickey's Best Girl - I love your journal! I'm in the process of making a 4x7 journal. I could not find a red day planner, but found brown. But that's ok because secretly... I do NOT like red! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Would you tell me how you made the tabs on your dividers?

Awesome job on your vacation journal/scrapbook WeLoveDisney!

And Mickey's Best Girl - I love your journal! I'm in the process of making a 4x7 journal. I could not find a red day planner, but found brown. But that's ok because secretly... I do NOT like red! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Would you tell me how you made the tabs on your dividers?

I cheated.....Those tabs are made by Post-its! ;)

Did you put that Disney on your self or did you buy it like that?, thats a perfect size for traveling and for the room, and have to make a smaller one for in the park!!:cool1:

Mickey's Best Girl - Love, love, love your planner!! Did you save your planner pages and dividers? I would love to do a planner the same way and was hoping I could just get the files from you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter