Planning and Pricing

mccartcm

Disney Lover
Hello all! I am new to the boards and want to get some opinions on planning a vacation. I have been to DW numerous times but my parents either planned and paid or it was for cheerleading so I have never planned or paid myself. I wanted to know if I should pay for the package as soon as possible or wait until an offer comes out. I am going in July and heard/read that offers would come out around April. I don't know if I should just book it and pay for it now or wait to see if an offer comes out.

Thoughts?

mccartcm said:
Hello all! I am new to the boards and want to get some opinions on planning a vacation. I have been to DW numerous times but my parents either planned and paid or it was for cheerleading so I have never planned or paid myself. I wanted to know if I should pay for the package as soon as possible or wait until an offer comes out. I am going in July and heard/read that offers would come out around April. I don't know if I should just book it and pay for it now or wait to see if an offer comes out.

Thoughts?

They told us to pay some part but to watch for deals. We did but the time we went was in between deals:( you can also get a break if you are a AAA member. They have discounted rooms check that out if you are a member. Go ahead and get a dining plan. If you aren't into sitting down get the quick service dining plan. My sister and her sorority sisters went for spring break and really wanted to get the most out if their trip and didn't want to sit for dinner for an hour or two every night!
I would ask but I think they will refund you your money if a discount becomes available to you.
Have a Magical Visit!

I asked the same question, here and directly to Disney. They WILL refund the difference if a deal comes up after you buy.

I'm not familiar with AAA or the discounts you can get through them. I wonder if it would be worth getting a membership just for the discount

atcNick said:
I asked the same question, here and directly to Disney. They WILL refund the difference if a deal comes up after you buy.

I'm not familiar with AAA or the discounts you can get through them. I wonder if it would be worth getting a membership just for the discount

Well if they will refund it...go ahead and pay it so you can't start saving money to spend while you are there! Lol
I think it is a 10-15% discount on the price of your room. This is only if they have AAA rooms available. You also need to look at mousesavers site you can rent other people's Disney Vacation Club points. And it is way cheaper than paying for a room and you won't have to stay in a value resort.
I am a DVC member so I don't often pay for rooms anymore. I haven't used the website above but I know people that use it every time they go!

Thanks for all the information! I am going to go and book the vacation in the next few weeks and then hope for a refund because there is a discount!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts