Planning add-ons: blt or vgf?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mulberrybush, Apr 2, 2013.

1. mulberrybush

mulberrybush Mouseketeer

I am a huge fan of sterile decor, so I'm of course drawn to the contemporary/BLT (I know I'm in the minority). Unfortunately, it's not so exciting for my kiddos (dd4 and dd1). I was thinking vgf might provide the upscale feel DH and I prefer with a more exciting kids water area (that new Alice water thing). Thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Meggysmum

Meggysmum Mouseketeer

I am another who likes the BLT decor, the only other one i like is OKW as I find that quite neutral. I saw a photo of the vgf and thought they looked really fussy and not my taste at all. If I had young children I would probably add on at AK as the pools are nice and the animals are great and the decor is so themed I could live with it!

4. montrealdisneylovers

montrealdisneylovers Mouseketeer

Although I am sure the VGF will be beautiful, it is somewhat disappointing that they only have 1 bathroom in the 1 bedroom and 2 baths in the 2 bedroom. BLT has 2 bathrooms in the 1 bedroom and 3 baths in the 2 bedroom.

Also, keep in mind that as of right now you cannot walk to MK from VGF but you can from BLT. A big plus at the end of the day with tired little ones.

5. mulberrybush

mulberrybush Mouseketeer

AKL is our current home. Just wanted something closer to the MK for an add-on :) you're right, akl is perfect for families!! That decor appeals to me also.