Planning a wedding.... Where do i start?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by dluby, Nov 28, 2012.

1. dluby

dluby Earning My Ears

It has been my dream ever since I was a little girl to get married In Walt Disney world. I don't even no where to start when it comes to a Disney wedding or even a budget to start with. We want to get married in January of 2014 . Will it be cheaper to do it then? I'm too excited

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gratefulfred

gratefulfred Mouseketeer

4. disneyamy4

disneyamy4 Mouseketeer

^^ that's awful harsh, this is where you come to ask questions!

i would have a look at the Passporter's Guide to Weddings and Honeymoons, you can buy it online as an e-book for around $8 and then you get to download any updates for free.

this will give you all the information you need on the main 3 different packages with disney.

Memories - limited to 6 people, more suited for vow renewals
    Escape - 20 people, with a ceremony and cake cutting reception. this is a package with not a lot of flexibility but is around $5,000 so great value.
    Wishes - this is the main Disney wedding package that is completely customisable, most wishes weddings, on a weekday, have a $12,000 minimum spend, but also a per person spend on food and drink on the day. for example, $100 pp. There is also a 20 guest minimum.

the book will explain it much better! :D

5. Summer Daydream

Summer Daydream Mouseketeer

Prices will not be cheaper in 2014 as they seem to go up every year and they do not fluctuate from month to month. A wedding in January will have the same base cost as a wedding in June. You definitely should get the Passporter's book as it has so much information and if you buy the e-book, you get free updates when things are changed. Happy planning!

6. minniebride

minniebride DIS Veteran

Wow that was kind of obnoxious, considering the point of these message boards is to share information about Disney weddings :confused3

OP: There are a ton of options and considerations to take in when deciding a wedding at WDW. I wouldn't bother with most of the sites that popped up on that Google search. Here is what I would do:

Go to the top of the wedding boards and browse through the "Planning Our Happily Ever After" board, the "Completed Trip Reports", "Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ", & the "Disneyland Wedding FAQ"

Browse through the trip reports and planning journals to get an idea of what other brides spent and the experience of their weddings. I found this really helpful when I first started planning. It's really neat to see how different everyone's weddings are and the endless options available to you on a variety of budgets.

Carrie's book & her podcasts are also really helpful.

You can get married at Disney on all types of budgets. You can opt for a wedding orchestrated by WDW, Disneyland, or the Swan Resort. Prices do not necessarily vary by season, but resort prices do vary, which can make quite a difference in your final budget.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions!! :)

7. dluby

dluby Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone... I'm going to look into the passport.. I'm very excited

8. gratefulfred

gratefulfred Mouseketeer

I was trying to be funny/obnoxious but not mean in anyway, and I was wondering if anyone on this board saw that before. We use it on another board I frequent all the time. I really hope she is able to pull off her dream disney wedding and wish the couple the best of luck.

9. KCharming

KCharming Earning My Ears

10. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

Of course they have. This is the Internet. Everybody knows LMGTFY. There are lots of threads on this forum that even deserve such a link. This one is innocuous by comparison.

11. alicia45

alicia45 Earning My Ears

I really like the link... I have found here so many information, I'll share this to my friends...