Planning A WDW Birthday Trip

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
My friend and I are planning a WDW Birthday trip for the first week in February. She will be 69 years old on February the 5th. She has never been to any Disney theme park before, so she is letting me plan this entire trip. I am excited at the opportunity to return to the parks.

I will update this thread, periodically as I make plans. Right now I am just celebrating the fact that I have a trip to plan. I love planning.

Our initial idea is to stay at Pop Century from January 31, Until February the 6th.

Any resort on-property is great! But at this time in my life (about 10 years behind your friend) and if I didn't have kids in tow (this year I have my 3 grandkids) I'd look to something in the Epcot area. Boardwalk, Beach Club or Yacht Club. Will cost a little more but:
1) A convenient 5 min walk in the back gate of Epcot International Showcase
2) A short Boat trip to Disney's Hollywood Studios
3) A multitude of dining and shopping experiences right there

Just my 2 cents!

Make sure to check out the cake chatter thread to see about ordering a special cake for her bday. I think it is on the restaurant board. Have fun!!

I went with my BFF for her first visit over both of our birthdays in 2007....we stayed at POP and it was fine....if you're on a budget.
In January we will be going again for the 3rd (2nd was 2012) time over our birthdays. We are staying at OKW in a 1 bedroom.
Going with a good friend is soooo much fun!
She will be turning 70! and also celebrating her retirement. I will be turning 62.
We always have a great time planning....working on dining now.

My friend and I are 67 and 47 and we stayed at Pop last year, 2014. We are taking another trip later this year (also a b'day trip) and I'm on a budget and we are staying at Pop again. In 2013, we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, which was beautiful, but more than I wanted to say spend this year. Since Pop was good, and I won't be hanging out at the resort, that will be just fine for us. Hope you guys have a great trip!

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the feedback. I love reading everyone's ideas, and experiences.

We are definitely on a budget. However, not so tight that we can't enjoy ourselves, and do some special things. I have visited many times, so I know my way around the place. I am a newbie at the Magic Band, Fastpass stuff, but I managed fine by myself doing that last August. Our plan is 2 days in the parks, followed by a rest day, and then two more days in the parks. We don't want to wear ourselves out with 4 straight days. As much as I'd love a deluxe resort, I have stayed at Pop before, and I love that resort. It's fun, and colorful, and the buses were great. We won't be doing DHS at all. Our plan is 2 days for MK. Our first and last day, and one day each at Epcot, and Ak. Our off day will be fun to plan. There's a lot to do besides theme park stuff, and we can sleep in on that day, and retire early. Too many people plan, go, go, go, and come home exhausted. I want to build in some rest time. I'm no spring chicken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter