Planet Hollywood

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Dipstick, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Dipstick

Dipstick Mouseketeer

Just want your thoughts on this restaurant. Is the food any good? What is the atmosphere like? TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. devonsmommy

devonsmommy DIS Veteran

Ughhhhhh, that's all I can say!
    I did a review in my dining report with pics of our food. It's in my siggy.

In a nutshell it was SO LOUD, too loud, and the food was completely tasteless. Every single thing we got.

We won't go back even to use the $15.00 gift certificate they give you.

4. Tinkster1126

Tinkster1126 Earning My Ears

it's OK. It's kinda noisy, crammed, and has a lot going on ( TV screens, loud music, memorabilia on the walls...etc.). The food or service was not that great either. There are waaaay better places you can go to on disney property. The only reason we ate here is because we had a free gift card.

5. MasterChief

MasterChief Jedi Master Mickey

What are the restrictions on the $15 certificate?

6. SorcererDonald16

SorcererDonald16 DIS Veteran

I love Planet Hollywood. :goodvibes We eat there at least once a year (always at the Myrtle Beach location), and on most trips to WDW we eat at that location too. My mom and I love the turkey club sandwich, and my dad usually gets a burger, or, I think, a pulled pork sandwich. The smoothies are great too, and we like looking at the memorabilia. It's usually at least somewhat different every year. Is it loud, yes. Not as loud as Hard Rock though, IMO. Nothing unbearable or ear drum splitting. We still carry on a conversation fairly easily. If you can go early or late, it's rarely crowded.

Never had bad service or bad food there.

7. blessed32

blessed32 Mouseketeer

I like Planet Hollywood and I never experienced bad food or bad service. Yes depending on what time you go it could be loud because they play music and people is taliking and enjoying themselves. I say give it a try you need to experience things for yourself.

8. mmtska

mmtska I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

PH is ok. I've been to a couple when they were first coming out and it was decent-didn't hate it, didn't love it. I went to one 2 years ago and same thing. I guess consistency is good.

9. chessie2008

chessie2008 Mouseketeer

We were thinking of going to Planet Hollywood on our next trip. I had a question on the $15 certificate. If we use the dining plan to pay for our meal how does the $15 certificate work if we order extra items? Anyone know?

10. BabyRN

BabyRN DIS Veteran

We loved planet hollywood. I had steak, which was probably almost the best steak I ever had. Yes, the music and talking was loud, but for us it was fun to experience. My daughter, who just turned 5 right before we went, was up dancing in the aisle while we waited for our food. It was a lot of fun for us, and we will definitely go back.

11. MasterChief

I am still waiting on an answer to the question as well. Can we spend $15.01 and only have to pay $0.01 + tax OOP??

12. lauren5406

lauren5406 Mouseketeer

It is okay...

I think it is a totally neat idea and atmosphere but it is so cramped it is hard to get around to see all of the goofy stuff on the walls. The food is pretty good.

But considering there are several around the nation I would recommend trying somewhere else you can only get at Disney.

13. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

They take it just like cash.

We didn't have any complaints about the food or the service. However, what we didn't like was that the tables are so close together you can't pull out your chair. Plus, the noise level is insane.

We only went there because of the $15 GC. We were there for FD last year and we arrived the day before it started so we needed to pay for 1 dinner and decided to use the GC. Would I go back? Not likely, we have not really liked other PH's that we've been to either.

14. ChloroFiend

ChloroFiend DIS Veteran

15. axpm

axpm Earning My Ears

we jusy went and were told by the waitress that we could not use a coupon in conjunction with the dining plan. not the best food but the worst service and in my opinion not a good use of table service credits at all. in my opinion dont do it!!! have a great trip.

16. MasterChief

What does the disney dining plan have to do with my question about using the $15 that you get with your MYM ticket package?

17. axpm

axpm Earning My Ears

sorry quoted the wrong person.

18. Eventer98

Eventer98 DIS Veteran

We went in Dec for lunch. The hostess was not very friendly. The restaurant was empty yet service was slow. So slow infact we got our desserts to go b/c after an hour my 9mon. was done waiting while we ate burgers/fries. Then, to top it off, the food upset my stomach. I think it is definitely a fun atmosphere but I think that fun is the way it looks on the outside...not what's inside. :headache:

19. Straitlover

Straitlover DIS Veteran

That answer was for someone else (chessie2008) who asked about using the certificate along w/ the Dining Plan.

For your question, I can't say about the certificate that comes now because I haven't gooten mine yet (my trip is in September). However, the one I got back in 2006 was only good for certain entrees.

20. BadgerBruce

BadgerBruce DIS Veteran

Had lunch at PH Monday using the $15 voucher. We were able to walk in at about 11:15. It wasn't very busy and the service was excellent. We split the crunch chicken fingers app. and a steak/chicken fajitas combo. All of the food was ok, but nothing special. The chicken really needed the Creole mustard that came with it. We used the mustard to add some flavor to the fajitas, foo. Would probably only return with a similar discount and then try something else. Burgers & the club sandwich looked good--but then so did the fajitas. Since it wasn't busy, we explored all three floors & took pics of the neat movie stuff before we left!