Placing a picture in my signature

i managed to put a picture in but it is so small. When I tried to make it larger it got really fuzzy. Can someone tell me what I did wrong? Thanks

Originally posted by KathyTX
If you click QUOTE in this message, you'll see what the photo's link looks like.
This description helped me put my first picture on the boards! Thanks a bunch!! :hyper:

okay my turn:D I have some great pictures, DS loaded them into Shutterfly for me. I tried to get them into Imagestation, but even after I installed the upload for Imagestation it's not working ( it says no images to upload:confused: ) Methinks our addition will be finished before I get the pictures posted:rolleyes:

Kteacher,

Be sure you're uploading from your computer to Imagestation.

You won't be able to move directly from Shutterfly to Imagestation.

(I use Shutterfly when I want to have prints made- they do beautiful and fast work! I've had them make photos into greeting cards and calendars, as well as having TONS of prints made. But Shutterfly doesn't allow hotlinking, so I use Imagestation when I want to share photos online.)

I tried to upload using the drop and drag method on imagestation, but I keep getting an error message that says upload couldn't be completed because image may have moved-is this because the pictures are on shutterfly?

Okay, Scarlett... wanna try one more time?

*Go to Imagestation.

*Click on your photo (you want to be sure it's full size, not thumbnail)

*With the mouse hovering over the photo: Right click, choose Properties

*Copy and paste the URL in the Properties box to your post here

Give it another shot!!!

one last try tonighthttp://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4151895590&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid134%2Fp6db917627ef7b79ca693a311b476b59d%2Ff778e626.jpg&caption=img_0129

well, the pictures look great in the album even if I can't get them on here- thanks Kathy:D

That looks like the address of a page, not a photo... be sure you're not grabbing the address at the top of your browser. It needs to the address of the actual photo, from its "properties" box.

You can do this!

I tried doing it from the properties box, but can't get copy as an option:confused:

Okay!!! You're SO close now!!!

When you get to the properties box, highlight the URL with your mouse.

Now, here's your trick: With the text highlighted, RIGHT CLICK and you should get an option to copy.

(An alternate copy/paste trick: After you highlight the text, you can hold down CTRL and press C to copy. Then put your cursor where you want to paste, and press CTRL and V.

CTRL+C=Copy, CTRL+V=Paste!

This works everywhere, not just on the DISboards. :) )

You can't go to bed till you get it, Kteacher. :) How is that for incentive? :p

Can you go to the opeing section of Imagestation and look on the right and see the storage bin? If so, click on that, then click on a small picture, then see if you can get the url off the large picture that pops up.

Do you have a PC or a Mac?

okay, I'm getting closer , at least the link works ! Dh is the dark haired guy in the picture, and the area to the laft is my new closet. Where he is standing will be the bathroom:D

One last step, enclose that url (great, you got that part) in the img guys, so it looks like this (it it is on more than one line, it is just word wrap, should be no spaces when you do it, you could actually copy and paste that below..............

&#91img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/p6db917627ef7b79ca693a311b476b59d/f778e626.jpg[/img]

and you will get this...........

f778e626.jpg

And good morning, the rest did you well. And the build looks great, looks like it will be very nice. Now you know how to do it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter