Place to stay with parents!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by EALOVE, Jul 16, 2013.

1. EALOVE

EALOVE Earning My Ears

Going to Disney at the end of Oct with my family and parents. It will be my mother, father, 5 year old, 3 year old, 1 year old, DH and I. Would an AoA suite be too small? Are there ANY reasonably priced (under $350-$400/night) larger suites on property? My dad likes his privacy, so he'd probably prefer to have his own room.

If not, (I guess this could go on the Orlando hotel section?) what are some really close hotels that have some two bedroom condos for a great price? Will we even be able to swim at the end of Oct? If so, great pools with slides are a big priority.

or would it be cheaper to just get two standard, conjoining Little Mermaid AoA/CB/or something other rooms? Florida resident.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

We have stayed offsite before at Bonnet Creek and loved it!! We now are onsite people after one stay onsite. lol. But i would stay at bonnet creek again in a heartbeat.

4. DisMama3

DisMama3 Mouseketeer

Look into Saratoga Springs Resort, Old Key West or Animal kingdom lodge for their 2 bedroom suites as they are the cheaper of the deluxes. They also have a full kitchen which is nice.

5. EALOVE

EALOVE Earning My Ears

Awesome, thanks! I should've mentioned a kitchen is very much preferred.

6. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

If you decide to look offsite, we really liked the Hilton Grand Vacations resort. They have two bedroom units that should fit your budget.

7. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

We got a 2 bedroom at bonnet creek for 800 for the week so that would definitely be within your budget

8. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

9. scanmom

scanmom DIS Veteran

are another on-site option. You, DH and kids could use the bedroom with the bunks, and your mom and dad could use the pull down murphy bed. They have a full kitchen, and there are lots of activities at the resort. You even have a grill! Plus, the kids can run around outside while you and your parents relax on the deck. It's a very relaxing type resort, which may be welcome after a crazy day at the parks. plus, the dining plan is available, if you're interested.

10. Letterhead

Letterhead Mouseketeer

Off-site have a look at Sheraton Vistana on the 535. I've stayed off-sit a few times and absolutely love this place. It's also less than 5 minutes drive to WDW.

You get an apartment with 2 Bedrooms, both of which have an en-suite. One of the bedrooms sleeps 2, the other 4. There's also a sofa bed.

11. d3boyz

d3boyz Mouseketeer

You might look at Cypress Pointe just outside of Disney. It’s a Diamond Resort property, and you can rent 3BR units which are a 2BR with full kitchen as well as the lock-off portion that is 1BR with a small, but also fully functional kitchen. The lock-off would be great for your parents because they’d have their privacy, including a separate entrance, but could also join the family through the adjoining door as they choose! I’ve done this very thing with my parents, and it’s been an excellent time for all!

Deb

12. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

if you go with a DVC resort then rent a reservation through a member.

they include
    AKV/Kidani
    AKL/Jambo House
    BCV
    BLT
    BWV
    OKW
    SSR
    VWL

now might go for 2 studios (but I am cheap) - sounds like you want a 2-bedroom villa - Kidani, BLT and OKW sleep 9. Kidani & blt have 3 bathrooms instead of 2.

13. bek

bek Mouseketeer

I just did AoA family suite with my DH, DIL, grandkids 7, 5 and 3. It was a tight fit. My DIL was only there for 2 nights, so it worked out ok. But you may want to do a family suite for your family and your parents in the Little Mermaid standard room or Pop Century right across the bridge. Everyone gets a bit of space and privacy.

The Swan/Dolphin have connecting room specials and FL resident specials. Just be sure to count in the $17 mandatory resort fee and $15 per day self parking fee. October may be tough though since it's Food and Wine at Epcot.

Reunion Resorts is close by and offers Florida resident specials. June 2012 we had a lovely 3 bedroom/3 bath condo in the price range you want.

14. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I'd get 2 rooms at either a value or moderate resort. Or look into 2 studio DVC. David's DVC request is a good place for renting points.
    One of the AllStars also has family suites, although not as nice as the newer AoA. But you could prob get a suite plus a regular room in the same building there, where at AOA they would be in 2 separate buildings. One family suite would be way too cramped for all of you.