1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

pizza

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disneydom, Sep 29, 2012.

1. disneydom

disneydom Mouseketeer

Where can I find some good pies in disney ...I live up in CT and am used to some incredable pizza in New Haven ....:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

Hey Yankee! I'm from West Haven! Sadly, nothing compares to New Haven pizza, ANYWHERE! I did enjoy the pizza at Via Napoli, though I wished it had a little more cheese.

4. disneydom

disneydom Mouseketeer

I know they don't know what their missing

5. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

I was never big on Pepe's and Sally's. My favorite was a little place near Southern on the corner of Whalley and I forget the cross street called DeCusati's. Also loved Gabrielle's before they moved to Orange. In West Haven everyone raved about Zuppardi's but they always had a burnt crust, yuck.

6. disneydom

disneydom Mouseketeer

Also check out Bar in new haven its a micro brewery

7. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

Sadly, I live in Michigan now. I don't get to visit as often as I'd like though my family is in East Haven.

8. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

Honestly? I just wouldn't try. There isn't really any good pizza in Disney World. I know a lot of people like Via Napoli, but Neapolitan has never been my pizza style of choice. The rest of it is junk.

9. hannahryan

hannahryan DIS Veteran

I grew up in Milford and we went to Pepe's every week since I was a little kid...the best pizza anywhere! Family from LA come to visit us in Pomfret and Pepe's is always one of their top 3 things to do. Pizza in Florida is generally very bad because of the water. Via Napoli imports their water and uses San Marzano tomatoes and other fresh ingredients. It's not Pepe's, but it is very good and the best and closest you will find to Wooster Street pizza :)

10. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

This is kind of like the recent threads about Marylanders with crabcakes and New Englanders with Lobster rolls. If your region excels at something the chances are that it won't be comparable at WDW.

That said, I also live in CT and do enjoy the pizza at Via Napoli. It is the thin crust variety all the varieties I have tried have been delicious. I think it is worth a shot for you as long as you go in with the expectation that it may not be quite as good as what you get at home.

11. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

:wave2: from Putnam!

12. Doc Goofy

Doc Goofy Mouseketeer

I agree with not expecting WDW to beat something that is excellent in your home town. I never go to WDW and get either barbecue or friend catfish (not that they have that... Lol). I like to get the things I can't get at home like excellent seafood or neapolitan pizza. :cool1:

13. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

They have it on the lunch menu at the Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. :)

14. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

They have it at every buffet and all the parks, but it is ordinary old pizza.

15. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

We have tried many....the best we have found is Via Napoli or Wolfgang Puck Express - I am sure it won't compare to you favorite - but it beats the Mickey Pants off all the other Disney Pizza options.

16. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

We too enjoyed the pizza at Via Napoli. As Marylanders, we stay away from the crabcakes - LOL

17. ScarletFire

ScarletFire DIS Veteran

I ate at Frank Pepe's and Sally's last summer; nothing compares in WDW. If you want to try some good Chicago Pie, Giordano's is off property but very close.

http://www.giordanos.com/index.html

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

18. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

And those of us from Louisiana say stay away from those rocks they call beignets at POR. ;)

19. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

The post is great! Should be a vote to see who's neighborhood's pizza can't be beat, and to tell you the truth I'm taking notes because I travel. Thanks!!!:goodvibes

In the mean time, for those in DW too far to get it delivered from home, to me seems like Via Napoli is the best.

20. MyOtherSS

MyOtherSS Mouseketeer

My girlfriend and I enjoyed the pizza at the Mara. They call it flat bread but it's all the same to me:rotfl2:

21. hannahryan

hannahryan DIS Veteran

It's a small world!! :earsgirl: