Pizza Window (Boardwalk)

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TwoCortWort, Nov 2, 2012.

1. twinklestar22

twinklestar22 Earning My Ears

I've never been, but I might try some when we stay at BWI in Feb. That being said, I am also from Jersey and I'm used to NJ Boardwalk pizzas here at the shore. (ENORMOUS slices). I don't really expect the pizza at Disney to be what I'm used to but I know several people who say it is somewhat decent.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Senator Tressel

Senator Tressel DIS Veteran

Oh man, Tommy's Pizza! When I was a kid, I used to love drinking the grease out of the pepperoni.

As far as the Boardwalk pizza window, I had an absurd experience two years ago. They ran out of pizza. People had to wait 15 minutes for them to make more pizza. Uhhh....all you sell is pizza, just keep making it. What's so hard to about that?

4. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

Good for you!, and glad you weren't swayed from trying it by those who 'know' good pizza.

:goodvibes

5. TwoCortWort

TwoCortWort A Buckeye Disney Princess

I will say it is no Tommy's Pizza, but my dad who is super picky about pizza enjoyed it and so that says a lot. I recommend it, I would get the whole pizza and not by the slice if more than one person is in your party. We ate the whole thing minus one slice. There were three of us in our party.

6. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

I actually like it a lot better than VN's.. plus VN's pizza is so expensive (I think that's why a lot of people say it's so gareat)

7. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Yeah... Not to say you won't like BW pizza, just don't expect it to be anything like Jersey boardwalk pizza. :)

8. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Well, I just returned from a BWV stay on Friday. When I stay in the villas, I like to buy a whole pie - I can get four or five meals out of a whole pie and it makes it very reasonable. The crust is medium thick and not crispy, a medium amount of sauce (not very spicy or herb laden sauce) and a lot of toppings (sometimes a little too much, if you know what I mean).

They only serve three kinds of pizza - cheese, pepperoni and cheese, or veggie. They had changed the veggie option when I went this time - it was a roasted garlic, spinach, and mushroom pizza. It was delicious (well, if you like garlic anyway ;))! I find the cheese and the pepperoni pizzas to be a little bland there, but this new "Boardwalk Signature Pizza" was great.

I miss the days when you could order whatever you wanted on your pizza - I used to get pepperoni, sausage, and onion, which was good. But this new veggie was even better.

I'm not saying it beats my local pizzaria, but it's a good pie.

9. Cleocat

Cleocat Mouseketeer

I think what everyone is failing to say is how it's made. I agree being from Jersey it's not great pizza. But keep in mind that BW's version is a very thin crust pizza which makes it very different from most traditional pizzas and it has a more crunchy crust and it's not as 'doughy' as others. It's good if your looking for something different you can bring back to your room or a quiet area along the boardwalk to catch a meal.