Pizza Delivery

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by bababear_50, Sep 10, 2012.

1. bababear_50

bababear_50 DIS Veteran

Hi
    For our Jan 2013 trip
    I am looking for a Pizza restaurant that delivers to AKV Resort.(Jambo)

Also does anyone have any recommendations of other fast food places that deliver to Disney Resorts?

Thanks
    Hugs Mel

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

doorstop delivery will deliver from many restaurants, pizza places, california pizza kitchen, whole foods, chilis, tgi fridays, chinese restaurants to you. they have a list on their site:

http://orlando.doorstepdelivery.com/

4. hjgaus

hjgaus DIS Veteran

A few years ago we had ordered & had delivered to Beach Club but had to wait out front for it, I don't think they come all the way to your room.

http://www.giordanos.com/

Giordano's Pizza

ORLANDO
    6203 W. SAND LAKE RD.
    ORLANDO, FL 32819
    Phone: 407-377-0022
    Fax: 407-377-0025

LAKE BUENA VISTA
    12151 S. APOPKA VINELAND RD
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32836
    (407) 239-8900
    FAX: (407) 239-8945

5. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

I second Giordano's. Yummy!!

We have ordered from them twice. Both times were were at OKW though and they came right to the door there.

6. hakepb

hakepb DIS Veteran

They can only deliver to the door at SSR and OKW, otherwise you would have to meet them at the lobby.

And I'll 3rd the Giordano's recommendation! If youre not a Chicago deep dish person (gasp!). Their thin is still made with quality ingredients.

7. amym2

amym2 DIS Veteran

Friends who stayed at AKV this summer ordered pizza from Flippers and highly recommended it. Haven't had it myself, but we may try it on our next trip.

8. amym2

amym2 DIS Veteran

Do you know if they'll deliver to the THV? I realize they're part of SSR, but wasn't sure if they'll try to track down the actual villa at the THV.

9. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

The THV entrance has a gate with no guard, so they wouldn't be able to get in. I guess you could meet them at the gate.

10. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

A local recommended Flippers. We might give them a try.

In my old life :rotfl: I wouldn't want deep dish, but now I don't eat the crust, so deep dish is good.
    I would assume they can deliver to the door at OKW and SSR because you can just drive to the doors?? Where the other resorts have lobby entries.
    Seemed it would be easy enough to meet them in the lobby. They can call when they arrive........or get close.

11. hjgaus

hjgaus DIS Veteran

almost same topic but different state:

Meriweather, If you should happen to be going to DLR there is a good deep dish pizza in that area to try! It's not close enough for delivery but if you have a car it's about 15 or so minutes down just 1 freeway. :moped: We always pick up to go when we stay at the villas. It's so rich we try not to have it too often but it's so good!:cloud9: The drive is just a tad farther from my home but when we're in OC area it's easier to get to!! We've been eating this pizza for at least 20 years! :thumbsup2 Only a suggestion! ;)

Tony's Little Italy
    in the Sierra Vista Plaza
    1808 Unit B North Placentia Ave
    Placentia Ca. 92870
    (714)528-2159

12. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

Thanks, I will save the info. We do drive there.
    Not supposed to get it very often, but that is said about most of the food at Disney ;)
    Thanks.

13. goofystitchfan

goofystitchfan SSR Owners

Have had Flippers a few times and they are yummy!!

14. iloveokw

iloveokw DIS Veteran

Flippers is good. We usually fine a better price on their web site...internet specials!

15. leelee9878

leelee9878 DIS Veteran

Any chance we can get pizza delivered to BLT? Im guessing no because its located on MK's grounds.

16. bababear_50

bababear_50 DIS Veteran

Thank-you for all the responses.
    Hugs Mel

17. BirdsOfPreyDave

BirdsOfPreyDave Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We love Flippers. Since trying them a few years ago, it's become a must-do for us on almost every trip. Their seasoned thick crust is out of this world!

Just because no one has mentioned it yet, I'll make the public service announcement on this pizza delivery thread. Never, ever call the phone number on any pizza delivery flyer you find slid under the door of your room. Scam artists often slide fliers under doors in the hope that people will call and give their credit card numbers over the phone. There's no way to know if the flyer is from a real restaurant or if it's part of a scheme. When calling for pizza, always look the phone number up online or in the (yes, they still have them in the rooms) yellow pages.

18. DisWitt

DisWitt Fan of Disney 1.0 - aka Disneyland

OP - while you're making your DLR restaurant file, make a point one lunch or dinner to hit Zankou Chicken, just a 5 min drive from the resort. It'll be your cheapest meal on vacation and might be the best. Seriously, look the place up on Zagat or other foodie sites like Yelp. THE BEST CHICKEN and the garlic sauce is to die for. Referenced on Saturday Night Live, NPR, and more. Get 1 plate for 2 people unless you have a teenage son... then let him eat 1 plate alone.

Zero ambiance but 1000 on the food. And <$10/person! Order the "Chicken Tarna Plate." Happy happy! :thumbsup2

Better yet, send someone to buy it and bring back to your villa. Or eat there and bring back leftovers for another meal.

19. ppony

ppony Artist in residence DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I wanted to let you guys know that the one Flippers we called labeled as "LBV/Disney" in the phone book said they didn't deliver to ALK and didn't think any Flippers did. Well, we knew that to be categorically incorrect, so we called the Killamanjaro desk and they connected us directly to the one that did. Don't let them say they don't!! One of them does!!!