Pixie Dust Overload - the day I won One More Disney Day

I just read your entire trip report this morning (the kids had a snow day so what was I to do while they slept in? Dis of course!) We have only stayed in the value resorts but I am loving your choice of resorts! I thought they were both beautiful! I would love to take pictures of the lighted walkway.I always have my camera in hand ;) I loved all of your pictures. I can't believe what you encountered at Chef Mickey's. I think that would have done me in! Leaving the lanyard and PP+ at the hotel would so be us. There is always something like that occuring on our trips although it's mostly backtracking trying to figure out how to get places. We just rode the boat for the first time last summer and we loved it! Definately alot less croweded.

So sorry your son had such a rough ride home. That had to be tough for him. I hope his Ipod and earbuds recovered and he felt better once he was home.

You handled your son's sickness very well. :thumbsup2 I would not have been such a champ.

If you visit the POFQ FAQ thread, you will see that there are quite a few people have posted that they are "converts" from deluxe resorts, particularly Poly. Every time I read someone posting that, I tell myself that I really don't need to experience the deluxe resorts, however, if I ever won a trip, I certainly won't object. :)

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Thank you for reading !! :goodvibes Yes, we sure were spoiled on those Deluxes this time! And we were definitely happy to be able to experience TWO different Deluxes, since we knew we'd probably never go for that kind of trip out-of-pocket ! :lovestruc I've read so many places that once you go Deluxe, it can really ruin you to ever go back down to Mods/Values. Even though I obviously love the Poly dearly, I'm not sure what we will actually do when we really start pricing out our "next trip"... That's why I really wanted to tour POR this time. I'm quite sure we will NEVER see a Poly room with a TP view again.... sooo expensive!! However, then again, the transportation with the Deluxes is such a bonus for us, especially for DBF who can get a little cranky as the days/miles of our trip wear on. So we may end up trying for a good discount and going Deluxe as cheap as we can. OBVIOUSLY I will need more research... MUCH more research... before our next rip. HA HA!!! :lmao: The addiction continues!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It has been great to read along.

I can't believe your son threw up on the plane:scared:. The smell often sets off others nearby, so that's awesome that you were able to contain it:thumbsup2

Sadly, I can totally sympathize about the disney/real life transition.

When I returned home from my last trip (after a very stressful last day in disney), we had issues at the carpark facility, then had a trip to med-emerge for a sprained finger, trip to dentist for a tooth infection(which resulted in tooth getting pulled), and my dog couldn't walk (severe arthritis from lymes apparently), so off to the vet, all in a matter of 5 days! It truly took me two weeks to decompress from my trip and return week.

Somehow we recover and start planning the next trip:thumbsup2

I just read your entire trip report this morning (the kids had a snow day so what was I to do while they slept in? Dis of course!) We have only stayed in the value resorts but I am loving your choice of resorts! I thought they were both beautiful! I would love to take pictures of the lighted walkway.I always have my camera in hand ;) I loved all of your pictures. I can't believe what you encountered at Chef Mickey's. I think that would have done me in! Leaving the lanyard and PP+ at the hotel would so be us. There is always something like that occuring on our trips although it's mostly backtracking trying to figure out how to get places. We just rode the boat for the first time last summer and we loved it! Definately alot less croweded.

So sorry your son had such a rough ride home. That had to be tough for him. I hope his Ipod and earbuds recovered and he felt better once he was home.

Thanks for reading & commenting!! :goodvibes Yes, he felt lots better the next day. I ended up throwing out the ear buds, because during "damage control" mode on the plane I just couldn't deal with it all & started tossing everything that was "soiled". Well... everything except the iPOD and kid !!! LOL!! :eek:

thanks soo much for sharing your trip report - congrats on your big win and sorry it had a sucky ending for your DS and dog.

Are you going to post any of your scrapbook pages?

Here's a little of what I've started so far.....

With this trip album, I'm trying for the first time the "Project Life" system, which is a simplified way of scrapbooking using pocket pages and journaling cards.

I'm thinking I should be able to whip this puppy together in no time flat :)

I will be doing some "traditional" scrapbooking though as well, adding a few 12x12 pages here and there, so I can use bigger prints of my favorite photos, as well as some of my zillions of Disney embellishments.

These envelopes are great for keeping all my prize letters in.

194f348a-e3da-4bc6-843b-8682f75aeac7_zps2f1d6da1.jpg

Here's my first page where I talk about how I won:

omdd-2_zps95979cb7.jpg

"The Group" likes to share funny Disney little things back and forth on our Facebook page,
so I've included some of my favorites that I've printed out over the last year. :goodvibes

6x123_zps2d2c4628.jpg

Some of our travel memorabilia:

travel2_zpsa5ea58ed.jpg

Here starts Day One & Two at the Yacht Club.

yc3_zps67414162.jpg

3e52bfdb-fa2c-4135-87b6-bcbf13e69008_zps871022e9.jpg

ycr1_zps32f97562.jpg

our Stormalong Bay photos:

sab3_zps1882ec0d.jpg

These little 6x12 pages are what I'm using for all my journaling. I'm including my day-to-day trip report that I wrote here.

journal3_zps022a609d.jpg

SO, that's as far as I've gotten! I'm really excited to get this scrapbook put together !! :yay::yay:

I love your trip report! Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

I had to comment when I saw your scrapbook pages. I love Becky's Project Life! It really works well with your Disney pictures and memorabilia. I'm on the PL design team, and can't wait to use it to scrap our upcoming (first) Disney trip!

Also, you might want to check these out: The designers are working on more cards, I believe:

http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-BUNDLE-No.-1-Basics.html
http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-BUNDLE-No.-2-Leading-upto-Magic.html

I can't wait to see your traditional scrapbook pages from your trip! I'm planning on using a Studio Calico handbook with the smaller protectors for our trip. I like the smaller size, but the handbooks are thick, so you can still fit plenty into them.

I love your trip report! Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

I had to comment when I saw your scrapbook pages. I love Becky's Project Life! It really works well with your Disney pictures and memorabilia. I'm on the PL design team, and can't wait to use it to scrap our upcoming (first) Disney trip!

Also, you might want to check these out: The designers are working on more cards, I believe:

http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-BUNDLE-No.-1-Basics.html
http://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-BUNDLE-No.-2-Leading-upto-Magic.html

I can't wait to see your traditional scrapbook pages from your trip! I'm planning on using a Studio Calico handbook with the smaller protectors for our trip. I like the smaller size, but the handbooks are thick, so you can still fit plenty into them.

Ok... I just DIED when I looked at those links! :faint:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing those!!! They are exactly what I've been hoping to find !!! I already have two complete Disney albums, and this will be my third. LOL.

I have followed Becky for YEARS, and have enjoyed watching PL evolve. How amazing that you're on the team... wow! After suggesting PL to so many of my friends who are eternally trying to catch up on their scrapbooking, I'm really excited to try it out myself . The system really does work great with all the little Disney keepsakes I always bring home!

Thank you so much for commenting! You totally just made my day!!!!! :worship:

Yay! I thought you'd love them! Check here for freebies from the two designers. I love the Silhouette cards! Both designers have two sets of freebies, so be sure to scroll down.

http://sahlinstudio.com/category/blog/
http://*************************.com/

And here's my little 'ol blog in case you're interested. I've not done any Disney layouts yet (can't WAIT!).

**********hundredsixtyfivedaysofus.blogspot.com

Now I've just got to decide if PP or PP+ is worth it for us!

Yay! I thought you'd love them! Check here for freebies from the two designers. I love the Silhouette cards! Both designers have two sets of freebies, so be sure to scroll down.

http://sahlinstudio.com/category/blog/
http://*************************.com/

And here's my little 'ol blog in case you're interested. I've not done any Disney layouts yet (can't WAIT!).

**********hundredsixtyfivedaysofus.blogspot.com

Now I've just got to decide if PP or PP+ is worth it for us!

Love your blog.. I'll definitely have to start following it, and I'll look forward to future Disney layouts. Your layouts I've seen so far on there are AMAZING !!!!! Thanks for sharing. I've started to scan some of my layouts so I can share them a little easier with my fam/friends on my blog, but I haven't gotten very far yet :)

We loved the PP+ on our trip. But you of course have to figure out if you will ride all the rides and/or do any of the restaurants that it includes, to see if it's worth it for your family. The ride photos are so expensive, and with all our trips, I think I've only bought two in the past. (although I do have quite a few of the classic 'photo of the photo screen" ride photos, LOL) It was really nice to get all the ride photos this time, it inspired us to try to take good and/or funny ride photos! Oh, and all this is besides the obvious fact that I'm photo-obsessed and having more photos is simply always better!!

Can you tell me what that 2nd freebie link is supposed to go?? I'll just google it, since the Dis is blocking it. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'll check yours out! If scanning is a hassle, you can always take photos of your layouts in good light. That's what I do with my PL and Minibooks.

It's a link to Britt-ish Designs blog. You should be able to find her. She has some cute freebies, too!

Thanks! I'll check yours out! If scanning is a hassle, you can always take photos of your layouts in good light. That's what I do with my PL and Minibooks.

It's a link to Britt-ish Designs blog. You should be able to find her. She has some cute freebies, too!

:thanks: I'm SO thrilled! All Disney scrapbooking will be on hold until I check out all this info you just gave me !!!!! I can't thank you enough, YAY!!!

Finally got caught up on your trip report, it was great! Your son is totally adorable, I love comparing him to his younger pics. So happy that you won your trip, I tried so hard to win that Disney Time one! My dream would be to stay at the Poly too. Congrats again!!

I was away last week, so I have a bit of catching up to do

Today was our day to go to Animal Kingdom. DS and I really love this park!

This day was supposed to be a bit cooler - a high around 65. It was pretty chilly that morning, but we were hoping that as soon as the sun got going it would be a little warmer..

A cool day at AK sounds wonderful! I have only been to that park in June, July or August and man, is it ever HOT!

Of course I think sitting in the front row was also a great opportunity to take some awesome photos and video!

What? Doesn't everybody take photos while on a roller coaster? :confused3

UM, Yeah!

We had two heart-stopping moments where DS almost lost our Photopass+ lanyard... He's at that age where he insists he's just as responsible as an adult, but still manages to have a lot of kid "moments".. haha. This time, he realized he left my precious lanyard in the pouch of our car!

I panic... (as in TOTALLY freak-out!) :scared1:

Luckily I realize that the CM's are well-trained & very efficient in pin-pointing which train is which and checking the pouches as they rotate back around. In no time we are reunited with our lanyard, PHEW! Losing anything photo-related during a trip would be completely devastating!!

PHEW!!!

I haven't used PP+. I always recommend that people take a photo of the number on their photo pass card so that if it gets lost, you can still access the pictures. Can you do the same thing with the ride photo card? Wonder if they would issue you a new card or if they would be pretty strict about that.

After EE, we headed over to eat for the first time at Flame Tree BBQ.

The food was good, but what was even better was the atmosphere..

I loved eating in this pretty setting, by the water, with a view of Everest in the background.

There were hardly any other people around! I love finding peaceful spots like this, amongst all the park craziness.

I love that seating area, too!

Another benefit to the cold weather- the animals on the trails were out on display for you. It was great to see your picture of the tiger on the move.

Wow! That may just be a little TOO close up on the hippo. The warthog is way cute! The gorillas are intriguing, too.

Sounds like a nice relaxing evening of touring AKL, some pool time, some :laundy: a casual dinner and your own front row seat for the fireworks and the ELP!

Day 5- MK and Chef Mickeys

What a pretty picture of the Volcano pool.

What a pain having to go back for the PP+!!! But it seems like there were some silver linings- you got a gorgeous picture looking back at the Poly beach and it sounds like you had a great, informative conversation with the boat driver.

I loved the "looks" from you and DBF.

Tom Sawyer Island is pretty fun, and my younger son really enjoys it, but this is another place that is much better on a morning in January than an afternoon in July.

But in either case, following it up with a Dole Whip or Citrus Swirl is never a bad idea!

We have been to Chef Mickeys a couple of times and while it is a great way to meet characters, with my boys age 14 and 11, I think we are "over it" for the time being.

Wonderful TR! Thank you for sharing your journey! I sure hope you get to use that last Park Hopper soon!!!! :goodvibes

PHEW!!!

I haven't used PP+. I always recommend that people take a photo of the number on their photo pass card so that if it gets lost, you can still access the pictures. Can you do the same thing with the ride photo card? Wonder if they would issue you a new card or if they would be pretty strict about that.

Luckily, we did definitely take a photo of our PP+ with our cell phone, so ALL of our photos would've been safe. I think you can get a replacement card if one is lost..

In hindsight, if we really did lose it, we could've written down our EE ride photo number, then went to try to get a replacement card, then gone back to EE & have them add that photo back onto our new card, but at the time I obviously couldn't think that clearly at all! LOL !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter