Pixar parade or Soundsatinal?

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
Due to a late afternoon ressie at Blue Bayou (that I don't want to give up) we can only see one afternoon parade. Which one do you recommend??

We plan to do Paint the Night, too.

Thanks for your input!

Which do you like more/better: the Pixar characters (e.g., Monster's Inc, Cars, Bug's Life, Incredibles, Toy Story, etc.) or the classic/new classic Disney characters (e.g., Mickey and Friends, Princesses, Mary Poppins, Lion King, etc.)? Both parades are cute and fun to see, so it really depends on which group of characters you are more interested in seeing.

From some of the promotional pictures and such, it looks like Paint the Night is likely to have a mixture of Pixar characters (e.g., Mack the truck from Cars) and the classic/new classic Disney characters (e.g., Tinkerbell).

Haven't had a chance to see soundsational... But the Pixar play parade is one of our favorites... It is easier to get a spot to watch it, the characters are super fun, and we love the bubbles they blow too! We try not and miss this parade. But what the pp said makes sense, go see which characters you want to see.

Haven't had a chance to see soundsational... But the Pixar play parade is one of our favorites... It is easier to get a spot to watch it, the characters are super fun, and we love the bubbles they blow too! We try not and miss this parade. But what the pp said makes sense, go see which characters you want to see.
Just to note, but in the summer the bubbles are replaced with water! I had only seen the Pixar Parade in the winter previously when they were using the bubbles, so imagine my surprise when I saw it last summer (when it was warm) and they were shooting water at the guests instead of bubbles! And it wasn't a slight misting, but full on water squirts that left some folks fairly wet.

Just to note, but in the summer the bubbles are replaced with water! I had only seen the Pixar Parade in the winter previously when they were using the bubbles, so imagine my surprise when I saw it last summer (when it was warm) and they were shooting water at the guests instead of bubbles! And it wasn't a slight misting, but full on water squirts that left some folks fairly wet.
Maybe we should plan GRR for around that time, too! Lol

We love all the characters, but I think most in our party will prefer the Pixar. I'll have to do a family vote.
How long does the Pixar one last? There used to be one at HS in WDW and it only seemed like it was 5-7 mins.!

It's a good length... We try and sit near the entrance to bugs land... Seems to be a good spot, a little narrow there which makes the characters come closer. :)

We usually grab a snack and sit down by 4:15 for the 4:45 parade... That area is kinda in the middle too. Which I prefer so you don't feel like you are waiting forever to have the parade come the whole route.

I thought Pixar was more "impressive". Just seemed like more action. Soundsational is more, what seemed like, pomp and circumstance to me.

I like both parades, but if I had to pick, I'd see the Pixar parade unless I had girls that just HAD to see princesses.

If I had to choose, I would choose Pixar too. The Soundsational is nice, but it seems like a typical Disney parade. Pixar Play is a lot of fun, especially for kids. The parade route is so long that it's not hard to find a spot to watch either. The Soundsational parade always seems so crowded. The Pixar parade includes floats of course, but also stilts and some acrobatics, the Soundsational includes dancing and large floats.

Still haven't caught the Pixar Play Parade! Where does the parade route run? Our next trip is with little kiddies, so we'll plan on watching all the shows and parades!

Still haven't caught the Pixar Play Parade! Where does the parade route run? Our next trip is with little kiddies, so we'll plan on watching all the shows and parades!

Through most of the park, it starts in the back of Hollywood Land and winds up toward the pier by the back side of Grizzly Mountain and then heads over passed Mermaid to the dining area. It pretty much doesn't go through Grizzly Peak or Bugsland & Carsland.

I liked the pixar play parade better, of the two. The Soundsational was nice but there was much more standing around just looking, whereas during the Pixar parade there were lots of kids and even some adults dancing and playing along.

I feel like the Pixar Play Parade is more interactive and it is much easier to get a spot. You can walk up at parade time and get a seat along the route in the shade if you want. I also feel like the music and floats for the Pixar Parade are geared towards a younger age group than Soundsational. Soundsational does have the feel of a classic Disney parade. I like the music and the floats. I prefer Soundsational if I could only watch one, but both are good.

I feel like the Pixar Play Parade is more interactive and it is much easier to get a spot. You can walk up at parade time and get a seat along the route in the shade if you want. I also feel like the music and floats for the Pixar Parade are geared towards a younger age group than Soundsational. Soundsational does have the feel of a classic Disney parade. I like the music and the floats. I prefer Soundsational if I could only watch one, but both are good.
Hmmm...our group overall likes the Pixar characters but are clearly older in age (adult children plus a 12 yr. old). So if this is geared more to little ones, I'm not sure.
Thanks for your thoughts!

I don't know that it is geared toward little ones, but it is so much more interactive. Which would keep little ones more interested. My dd is 11 now... And she would rather do PPP then the other parades. We are excited about paint the night however!

Hmmm...our group overall likes the Pixar characters but are clearly older in age (adult children plus a 12 yr. old). So if this is geared more to little ones, I'm not sure.
Thanks for your thoughts!

It's enjoyable for all ages. It's just really fun for kids with bubbles/water spraying and the fun music. Plus kids really know the Pixar characters since that is what Disney makes now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter