Pirates ride closed?

demilu

Earning My Ears
Hi all, so sorry if this is already a thread. Could not find one.
I was looking at wait times in MK today, since we are just a few days out from our own trip. And it appears as if Pirates of the Caribbean is closed. Is this temporary or is it shut down for maintenance for more than just a day?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

it was supposed to reopen sept 25th so im assuming there was a delay not sure

I was looking at wait times in MK today, since we are just a few days out from our own trip. And it appears as if Pirates of the Caribbean is closed. Is this temporary or is it shut down for maintenance for more than just a day?

It was closed for refurbishment, but reopened around 9/26. But it's been shut down for mechanical problems on a daily basis ever since.

Oh no :( Thanks for the info. I am hoping against hope that its opened in time for our MK day next week...

if its not up during my trip I will literally cry that's my #1 want

I've never been but its my all time favourite movie no idea why but iv seen it so many times I stopped counting after 58 (I actually used to count)

Was able to ride on 1 October in the afternoon. We were in line and it had technical problems for about 15 minutes before restarting.

I guess the Pirates are extra rowdy after their vacation and need to be corralled back into their positions. :rotfl:

I've never been but its my all time favourite movie no idea why but iv seen it so many times I stopped counting after 58 (I actually used to count)
You'll have to do Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial (or whatever it's called) then! I've not done it (yet), but I watched a YouTube to see if I was interested in it. The guy playing Jack is pretty decent. If you squint your eyes and tilt your head you could almost convince yourself it's Johnny Depp!

As for the ride, they better get the kinks out before Easter! I'm planning to ride!

It reopened on 9/25 (unofficially). I was so excited because that was the last day of my two week trip. We basically walked right on however that is where the good luck ended. We made it as far as the mermaid skeleton and then stopped. We sat there for an hour and then had to climb over two boats to get out. I think it still has a lot of bugs and breaks down frequently. Hoping it will be up and running next trip!

We rode it this morning.

Today We got all the way up to the loading gate, and the gates
would not open! We had to stand there and watch as all the empty boats kept floating by. They had all kinds of people trying to figure out what the problem was, and finally after about 20-30 minutes they fixed the problem and loaded us all on the boats. A lot of people had given up waiting and had left by that time.

The cast member said it had been up and down all morning, and that this was a daily problem.

You'll have to do Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial (or whatever it's called) then! I've not done it (yet), but I watched a YouTube to see if I was interested in it. The guy playing Jack is pretty decent. If you squint your eyes and tilt your head you could almost convince yourself it's Johnny Depp!

As for the ride, they better get the kinks out before Easter! I'm planning to ride!
I don't think my partner or the cast member would want me being too convinced he's johnny depp ;) idk if I could stay appropriate lol

Today We got all the way up to the loading gate, and the gates
would not open! We had to stand there and watch as all the empty boats kept floating by. They had all kinds of people trying to figure out what the problem was, and finally after about 20-30 minutes they fixed the problem and loaded us all on the boats. A lot of people had given up waiting and had left by that time.

The cast member said it had been up and down all morning, and that this was a daily problem.

That's George. He has been doing that for years. Funny guy.....

Thank you for all the responses! Looks like the ride is up and running again today so fingers crossed it will be on my MK day next week :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter