• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates question..... how wet?

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Since Pirates has opened back up...... How wet is everyone getting now?
I read that it's not as bad, but still getting wetter than it was like 2 years ago.
And what's the best seat if you don't want to get wet at all.
thanks,

I sat in the front row and got a small splash not even enough to want a paper towel for. It's very minimal. With that said there are variables for which row and how heavy other guests are, for water displacement etc. If you absolutely do not want a single drop, midway and towards the back, and sit in the middle.

I can vouch for front row!!! Rode it Sunday at about 8 pm in first row and experienced WALL of water which drenched us down to our shoes! Funny now but not at the time as none of us had spare clothes and had to dry out in the cool evening weather! (I even ducked and still got drenched!!!) I believe it also has to do with how much weight is in boat as first three rows were mostly adults with a few children.

We rode it the 2nd day it opened back up in Sept. We sat on the first row and got absolutely drenched. Wetter than on splash mountain.

It was just the front row that got wet. Must have something to do with the boat design and the distribution of weight in the boat.

I only got some cannon fire splashing when I was on it yesterday. However the bottom of the boat had a bit of water in it, even back in the 3rd row where I was.

I never sit in the front row, but I have gotten splashed more since it has reopened than I did before. Nothing major, but I also automatically duck when going on the drop to avoid any water

Have they changed the boat design from the type used before the refurbishment?
Nope. Same boats. The did adjust the speed at which the boats drop though.

Don't sit in the front row as a large party. We didn't get wet in the front row when it was just two of us and they weren't packing the boats so we had our own row. But when it was four adults in the front row and families with small children behind us...All of us in the front got DRENCHED. Other than the front row, no one got very wet, but you may get a small splash or a few drops if you're not in the middle of the other rows.

We rode it twice at last night's MNSSHP. First time, we were dry as a bone (as was the entire boat). 2nd ride, the inside of the boat was soaked, and DH (who was sitting in the second last row on the outside) ended up with a soaked foot and a wet bottom. The water literally came right over the side of the boat. That said, our boat was LOADED with larger adults, so I'm guessing the weight was a substantial factor in the second ride.

We sat at or near the back on both rides, so I have no idea how much water actually came up over the front. Certainly not enough to make it to us in rows 5 or 6.

My family just rode in the front row and we were drenched as well!! People got drenched in every row of our boat.

Last week, they put our party of 3 (DH and I and a 9 year old) on the front row. I got wetter than I have ever gotten on Splash Mountain. I was soaked. My clothes were dripping, my hair was wet, my arms were as wet as if I had been in the shower, and I had water in my eyes and up my nose. I have never had that happen on Pirates before, even on the front row. If you are facing the front of the boat, I was on the left side of the front row. DD was in the middle and she just got a little wet. DH got wetter than she did, but not nearly as soaked as I did. His shorts were wet, but not dripping. The water seems to have mostly splashed up and come over the top of my side of the boat. The three of us are average sized. I didn't pay attention to the rows behind us, so I don't know how heavy the rest of the boat was. While I like the front row for the view, I don't particularly want to sit there again.

This is good information. We will be riding with a 14 month old who hates getting wet. Are you allowed to choose which row you want to sit in?
A CM will typically ask how many in your party and then direct you to a row, but if you want a different row they will usually have no problem honoring the request especially if you don't mind standing to the side and waiting for the next boat.

A CM will typically ask how many in your party and then direct you to a row, but if you want a different row they will usually have no problem honoring the request especially if you don't mind standing to the side and waiting for the next boat.
Thanks! We will request to be seated toward the back then.

I can vouch for front row!!! Rode it Sunday at about 8 pm in first row and experienced WALL of water which drenched us down to our shoes! Funny now but not at the time as none of us had spare clothes and had to dry out in the cool evening weather! (I even ducked and still got drenched!!!) I believe it also has to do with how much weight is in boat as first three rows were mostly adults with a few children.
Same thing happened to us on the front row. It was like a tidal wave came into the boat. We were Soaked! !

I only got some cannon fire splashing when I was on it yesterday. However the bottom of the boat had a bit of water in it, even back in the 3rd row where I was.

Seeing the wet water on the bottom of the boat is really telling. I wonder how they get it out at the end of the day so it doesn't mold in the corners. Probably don't do anything.. but still

Last week- the 3rd row got wet from the cannon fire. My kids were in the 1st row, My DH and I in the middle and another couple in the last row who got wet. They actually complained to the CM on the way out. And the CM was like- what do you want me to do?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter