Pirates of the Carribean refurbishment?

Thanks a lot, but that just leads to a lot of other questions.

Other than being free, what was the reason for thinking that Florida needed the leftover California boats? Were the older-generation Florida boats considered to be worn out or substandard? Why did California get rid of its boats? Were they also lousy on the Disneyland Pirates ride? I understand that the Anaheim ride is longer with more drops than in Florida ... did they also fill with water in Anaheim, and did someone think (or assume) that this would be "ok" on a ride with fewer drops? Or was it more important to get the annoying, soaking boats out of the theme park that is visited most frequently by executives from the Burbank headquarters?

AA and audio problems aside, I think that the problem with the boats is a pretty blatant case of dropping the ball (to borrow a phrase) and I'd like to know why.
I'm sure the previous boats were old and WDW didn't want to pay for new ones so they just took Disneylands. I don't believe the boats worked well in the Disneyland so.

We went on this ride about a week ago and it's in bad shape. Not only was the projector or sound not working for Blackbeard, the fog didn't come out at all. It was just dead silence for about 8 seconds until the Mermaids showed up. (I love that effect by the way)

Thanks a lot, but that just leads to a lot of other questions.

Other than being free, what was the reason for thinking that Florida needed the leftover California boats? Were the older-generation Florida boats considered to be worn out or substandard? Why did California get rid of its boats? Were they also lousy on the Disneyland Pirates ride? I understand that the Anaheim ride is longer with more drops than in Florida ... did they also fill with water in Anaheim, and did someone think (or assume) that this would be "ok" on a ride with fewer drops? Or was it more important to get the annoying, soaking boats out of the theme park that is visited most frequently by executives from the Burbank headquarters?

AA and audio problems aside, I think that the problem with the boats is a pretty blatant case of dropping the ball (to borrow a phrase) and I'd like to know why.

The California version boats fill up with water too. Often, the gate to sit in the back row is closed, limiting capacity. They close the back because several of the boats have a few inches of water that builds up on the floor of the boat

The California version boats fill up with water too. Often, the gate to sit in the back row is closed, limiting capacity. They close the back because several of the boats have a few inches of water that builds up on the floor of the boat
Disneyland does not nearly have the problems WDW has with the attraction tho because of course theirs is maintained better.

Disneyland does not nearly have the problems WDW has with the attraction tho because of course theirs is maintained better.

From what I hear about the overall attraction, I agree. I was just pointing out the boats at DL take on quite a bit of water as well. I rode last night and was in row 2 and had an inch of water on the floor

I can tell you that when i was there in Late November early December 2014, we rode that ride several times over the 2 weeks we were there. The Projector on the fog did not work at all, many of the animatronics were down, and even the cannon firing (and subsequent landings in the water) effects were not working right. You would hear the cannon fires but no "Landing" of the cannon balls. It was as if every shot was a miss and by A LOT.

We are going again in June of 2016 and I hope to see if they have it fixed and how much its improved (or not). We do like that ride even though it's not a "Thrill" ride, we still enjoy it.

My DH and I were there last October. Every time we went to get on (with and without fast passes) the ride was down. We were so disappointed. It's good to know they are refurbishing. We are planning a trip next year and hopefully will enjoy the ride.

We got lucky I guess, because we rode it last Friday, and both the projector/smog was working, and there was very little water in the boat.

We got lucky I guess, because we rode it last Friday, and both the projector/smog was working, and there was very little water in the boat.

You did get lucky - last Oct we rode several times (one of our fave rides) no proj/smog, no mermaids, etc and definitely got WET and I mean WET on the boats. This refurb is waaayyy overdue - glad they are taking the time to do it correctly. Hoping to ride it in the fall in its refurbed condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter