Pirate Cruises for kiddos tipping question

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by jagafen, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jagafen

jagafen Robo needs his own Bat-Light

Hey guys, I've either stumped the Passporters, or I'm asking a silly question....

We'd like for DS to do the Kiddie Pirate Cruise that departs from the GF....should we have a tip ready at pick-up for the supervising crew, and if so, how much? I'm REALLY confused about the tipping issue here....on a fireworks cruise, it's a given, but just making sure I'm covering all of my bases, I'd like to have $$ ready if need be....your input?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ajsrph

ajsrph Mouseketeer

My boys did the pirate cruise that leaves from the YC on our last trip, and I did not tip...I never thought about it. I didn't tip the "babysitters" at the Sandcastle Club, either, when they went there for a few hours one night.

4. jagafen

NEither did we when we used Simbas Club at AKL last time....I don't necssarily consider the Pirate Cruise babysitters, although, they are giving DH and I a few hours to ourselves...

If I may ask another question, what's the CM:Kid ratio...I'm assuming there will be more than one person on board with each group of kids.....I'm just a bit confused where the "do tip/don't tip" line really is.

5. cmaee

cmaee DIS Veteran

My boys did the Albatross Pirate Cruise from the YC and we didn't tip either. I remember that a similar question to this was discussed on the DIS for Families board, but I don't remember what it concluded with in regards to why the CM's don't expect tips. The ratio of CM's to kids in my ds's group was 2 to 10 (I have a picture of them on the boat going under the bridge at the Boardwalk, so I was able to count the exact number of kids on the boat). I don't know what their max is, but they were running out the smallest size of life jackets, so I would venture that it wouldn't be too many more kids than what they had. Our boys had a FANTASTIC time! We are planning on them doing the GF Pirate Adventure on our next trip.

6. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

I didn't tip either. I believe I had to pay before the cruise anyway. It's really not expected and you won't really have a chance at the end since the kids come off the boat one by one so the Cast Members can ensure there is a legal adult getting them.

7. jagafen

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!!!

8. shellybaxter

shellybaxter Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre

I've never sent Dniece on the cruise - but I would tip. I tip the kids club people too. I mean - they take care of my niece which is way more important too me than someone who brings me a soda and a plate of food. I would probably tip $5 per attendant

9. llqool

llqool DIS Veteran

hmmm....haven't done the pirate cruise, but my understanding was they have the same policy as on the DCL -- they aren't supposed to accept cash tips. When we used the kids club on the cruise line, we gave small gifts to the CMs, but no cash